The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 11-02-2005, 01:12 PM   #1  

Smile Introducing Myself

Hi everyone!

I used to lurk in the SBD section though I never made it past day 3. I've been addicted to Biggest Loser since season 1 and am faithfully watching season 2.

I asked for (and received) the Biggest Loser book for my 30th birthday last week and for once in my life, think I may be able to get somewhere with my weight. I am somewhere near 350 but haven't been on a scale in quite a while so it may be worse than that.

I personally am cheering for Dr. Jeff but am proud of every single member on the ranch.

I notice that there is talk of a book by Jillian and that she actually takes time out of her busy schedule to answer questions! That just confirms what I already figured out from the show -- she really cares about people and wants us all to be healthy. God bless her for her love of people.

So, suggestions on where to start? Are there different groups posting or is it basically a free-for-all? I'm excited to get started. I intend to finish the book and then make myself a spread sheet to record my food intake with fat/cal/fibre etc. I also need to clean out my food cupboards, I think that will make a huge difference to!!

I look forward to getting to know you all. In the short time of typing out my message, my abs are killing me! I'm sitting on my stability ball while using the computer

Kristin
Old 11-02-2005, 01:46 PM   #2  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Hi Kristin-Nice to meet you. Cleaning out the cupboards is a GREAT first step. One of the things Jillian says is that she thinks self-control is overated. Better not to have those temptations around. From one who knows, I offer that bit of advice :-). Happy Birtday.

Anyway, tool around here and see where you want to post. It is a little confusing with so many threads going. Looks like there is a place to ask Jillian questions, a place to report workouts, a place to report menus, a place to gab about the Biggest Loser. I read it all and don't always get my posts in the right place but I don't really think it matters.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:49 PM   #3  
Pending Email Confirmation

oh, what a great idea to sit on your stability ball while typing.
I just go for a free for all, I post on a lot of the boards, whether I know people or not. Nobody's ever chased me out with a stick- so I'm going to keep doing it!
I just got the book and haven't read all of it yet, but a lot of it is just a great common sense approach to figuring out why you're overweight and then showing you how to can change it. Seems like a very do-able program - but I haven't done the exercise yet which the gals have been posting about the muscle pain the next day (or week *L*)...
Welcome!
Old 11-02-2005, 04:49 PM   #4  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Hi KristinJ....nice to meet you and welcome!! I've been following Jillian's book for just over 1 week but we are all new to it. Some have been following it and are on to week 3. It is very helpful to read the book, clean out your cupboards, get familiar with the excercises and then read the book AGAIN. LOL.. . There's always something else that you've missed or misread. Heck, I've read it probably about 5 times!! Pick a thread and just start posting. Have fun and good luck!!!
Old 11-02-2005, 05:10 PM   #5  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Welcome Kristin!! I post all over the place as well...no one has whined at me either. So, feel free!! Everyone here is very supportive. We've all been where you are...

Check out fitday.com if you want an alternative to a spreadsheet...

I'm gonna try the stability ball chair thing.