The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 11-17-2005, 09:14 PM   #121  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

good job emma!!!

todays workout was day 3 of week 2. I upped my weights and modified some of the jumping jacks to extra treadmill work. I was coughing to hard to do jumping jacks or skip rope. I did 30 minutes of walking on the treadmill, incline 6 speed 3.8.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:22 AM   #122  

Last night I got Thursday's work out week 3 done... it was almost 60 min even.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:41 PM   #123  
soon to be goddess

TGIF!!! I finished my re-do of week 2. YIPPIE!!! I also did my regular treadmill of 30 minutes. I'm looking forward to Monday and starting (for the first time....) week 3!!! Highlight of today was when I was lifting my hand weights, I could see some muscle ripple in my upper arms!!!
Old 11-19-2005, 09:43 AM   #124  

Got Day 5 done last night, although it wasn't as intense because I wimped out on my cardio towards the end and only did 15 min of cardio.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:23 PM   #125  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Yay angel-eyes !!!!!!!!!!!!! Lemme know what you think of those lovely mountain climbers...

Mrs T - I almost wanted to wimp out on my cardio yesterday - but Jillian (well, the imaginary Jillian in my head) yelled at me....so I went faster..... you CAN do it....just envision what you want to look like...

I just started Week 4 today. I decided to trade the mountain climbers for a minute and a half of furious stair stepper machine. I got my heart rate going..lemme tell ya. I like repeating each routine the second week, it gives me a chance to feel like I'm getting somewhere before I have to start all over again with a new routine. It's getting more fun anyway because I'm not spending so much time trying to figure out what I'm supposed to be doing.

Reward for a good workout was a shopping trip for new workout clothes... I might end up looking like those chicks at the gym who look all coordinated in spite of myself...

Butt kicks tomorrow...
Old 11-19-2005, 05:44 PM   #126  
soon to be goddess

YEAH!!! A little birdie was listening when I said I wanted a heart rate monitor for my birthday!!! I got this fabulous Nike one, and so far no clue as to how to program it!! LOL But come Monday and Week 3....I WILL !!!!
Old 11-20-2005, 07:13 PM   #127  

Okay Tomorrow is weigh in day. I spent the day yesterday decorating the Christmas tree so I did no exercise yesterday or today, but I did move furniture around and cleaned like a maid!
Old 11-20-2005, 08:33 PM   #128  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

Good luck Mrs T! fingers crossed for you.

I will be thinking of you when I do my first weigh in for 2 weeks tonight

Tonight I begin Week 1, Day 1 again ( I feel so behind ) as I figure if I am going to do this I had better do it right and not just skip ahead to Week 3.

I am aiming for 30 mins circuit training and 20 mins of intervals on the elliptical trainer, with 10 mins stretching.

Will come back afterwards and tell you how well I went
Old 11-20-2005, 09:33 PM   #129  
Determined

Don't feel bad Daisy Boo, I'm starting Day 1, Week 1 over tomorrow. I feel the same as you, if I'm going to do this I need to really do it. It's kind of cool because we have all these "mentors" if we have questions. And they can laugh at us when we start to whine about mountain climbers.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:02 AM   #130  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

Week 1, Day 1 circuit and cardio (40 mins)

holy crap!
Old 11-21-2005, 09:40 AM   #131  

YAY 1 lb lost... Gonna kick butt this week on exercise..
Old 11-21-2005, 12:26 PM   #132  
soon to be goddess

Great job Mrs T. !!! Lost 1 pound AND your tree is up.

Daisyboo.....Don't feel bad about repeating...I just did that too. I was sick for a week, so I just re-did wk 2 all over again. There's no race to the finish line.

Happydaisy.....I don't mind re-doing excercises....ITS ALL GOOD!! Gives me confidence that I know what the heck I'm doing!! Not all dazed and confused. hehe

Chick-in-hat....How's those SEXY new workout clothes? Bet you're turning heads!!!

Today I started week 3 day 1...HOLY COW!!! Is she really serious about those mountain climbers??? And I can't wait tommorow....to KICK MY BUTT!!!! I couldn't understand how to program my HRM, so I might have to let my 12yo son help me!!! I'm sooo electronically challenged. Also after the workout, I jumped on the treadmill for 30 minutes and did incline 6, speed 3.9 !! yowaazzaaa!!!!
Old 11-21-2005, 09:28 PM   #133  

Default Jillian's exercise videos

Have any of you tried the actual videos Jillian made?

I have to say, I'm very disappointed in them.

I understand they are meant to be a "butt-kicking" workout, but for the life of me I can't see how anyone can even do half the exercises she does within the first 10 minutes! The whole thing made me want to sit down and cry.

I'm "only" about 40 pounds overweight, and yet my body refuses to do anything even remotely like the "mountain climber". The things where you switch feet on the step are equally as impossible for me. Even the girl she says is doing the "easy" version, is doing way more than I can do.

After just 10 minutes of the video, my lungs and throat were burning and I could barely breathe - and I was taking it EASY. I've done a few other workout videos and none of them has ever made me feel like quitting just a few minutes into it.

Does anyone have any opinions on the videos, or maybe if I'm doing something wrong??

Old 11-21-2005, 09:49 PM   #134  

I kicked butt on exercise. 57 min... I really pushed myself!

Smartbutt- I've never tried her videos but maybe you should try her 12 week program via the book??

AngelEyes... WOW.. I tell ya... those climbers KILL. Great job on your cardio!!
Old 11-21-2005, 11:46 PM   #135  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Rest day for me today - yesterday was back, butt and biceps day....still liking the back extensions. I even added a 10 lb weight this time - I stole the idea from a chick at the gym.

Sexy workout clothes are all stinky It's all good.

WTG Mrs T!! Keep on pushing it.

SmartButt - that's pretty much what I said with Tae Bo Boot Camp...I thought I was just uncoordinated. But I think I just do better in a solo act...I can't really picture myself in a Step Class either...I can imagine Jillian's videos would be tough - if her workouts from the book are any example.

Angel-eyes - I'm impressed with your treadmill abilities...I tried one yesterday...I tried to do 4 miles an hour with an incline and almost killed myself...do you get over the dizzy thing when you are done after you use it for a while? I never had that with the ellyptical.

Daisy Boo & Happy Daisy - Mrs T is right...it's not a race...we're just glad you are here!

Where's Emma?