3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing-184/)
-   -   Jillian's Girls Exercise Journal (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing/67661-jillians-girls-exercise-journal.html)

ledom 07-20-2007 08:57 AM

jk, welcome to the thread. Keep us posted on your workouts and results. Are you doing this at home or in a gym?

ledom 07-21-2007 09:45 AM

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I feel good today and strong for the weekend challenges. Had another good workout yesterday. Today is rest day. It is sunny, low humidity here today. Unheard of in late August. We are supposed to have this cool spell through Wed. Hope to get lots of chores done this weekend so I can go out paddling early next week.

jkbunch 07-21-2007 04:32 PM

Hey everyone!

I had a hard workout today but I did it! I did day 11 of Making the Cut. I work out at home, I have kind of made my extra room a small gym.

Ledom- I hope we get that weather in TN. It is nasty outside. Good luck on all your chores.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. :)

sirak 07-21-2007 07:34 PM

We had some over cast skies yesterday so I took the day off and took the kids fishing.In the middle of this really great day somehow my mare got into a fence.She has a really big cut right on above her hoof. There isn't much meat in that area, but a big artery that makes blood like a cut lip.
We have got her bandaged and penned up. She is eating and drinking- so I think she is ok for the minute.It's touch and go. Workout today was running from the barn to the house, mucking and washing the big girl down so that we could work on her. The bath thing was something I did when she was pregnant- it helped her get calm. She hates water hoses, so I wash her with a rag and bowl of water.
I still have the rest of the evening- but DH is out of town until late and I have a date with Harry Potter.:D

ledom 07-21-2007 08:50 PM

Oops, late July. I just reread that post.

Anyway, went for a hike. Saw a scary guy and turned around, back up the hill I just came down. We have trails in our downtown and usually there are no problems but this is the second time I have been spooked on this one trail. Think I'll take it out of the rotation for a while.

So. We have quite a southern contingent started up here. That's way cool.

Wow Sirak. I understand horses are just major commitments to care for - that they are really very delicate. I hope she heals quickly.

Been working hard in my darkroom and it has been slow going and frustrating and scary to prepare work for this show. But I finally have a fair amount done and I have to say I think I love this work. It's very exciting. I still have so much to do and I don't want to talk about it too much yet because I want to keep all my energy focused in the work of it. I just want time to stretch out so loooong over the next month so I can get a lot more done.

There is a sentence in MTC when she talks about your commitment to your workouts. She says to do your 4 days a week and try to add in extra cardio if you can. But she goes on to say that if you just do those 4 workouts a week and don't skip them, then you are golden. I remember feeling golden when I was doing that.That is one thing I want to carry over into my black pants diet.

jkbunch 07-23-2007 09:02 PM

Hey Ladies,

I did a MTC workout today and I am feeling pretty good. I am a little frustrated though because I have only lost 2 lbs and I am on day 13:?:. I am going to be really strict on eating this week. Last week was hard because it was my birthday and I went out and had too much....but not as much as I used to! I guess I am seeing changes in my body but I am not real sure yet.

Ledom- What is the black pants diet?

Sirak- I am sorry about your horse. My aunt has horses and she shows them and I know they are her babies. It takes a lot of effort, patience, and strenght to have horses. They are beautiful and loving animals though.

Keep up the exercise!

ledom 07-23-2007 10:04 PM

LOL jk - it's the diet I am on to get back into my black pants. Based mostly on Jillian style eating and exercising but neither book specifically.

Hey, you'll lose the weight. Keep it up and I know you are seeing changes in your body. By the end of this you'll look better than you ever have in your life. Well, I don't know that, but that is how I felt in terms of my muscle tone. And it is really still on me. I have had more than one trip up since finishing and whenever I get back to it, withing 3 or 4 days my muscles pop out again. I am feeling that now as have been golden 3 workout days in a row with added walks most evenings. Food pretty decent too with just a little extra over the weekend.

jkbunch 07-30-2007 06:57 PM

Well, not doing so good the last couple of days. I have just been a little under the weather and I can't get motivated again. I feel so bloated and gross. Tomorrow is a new day and I work out on the MTC plan. I have two weeks before the cruise and I think I am getting hopeless.

I hope everyone is having a great week!

BfL_Cat 07-30-2007 09:40 PM

Hey guys - back in the gym again - I'm going to be sore tomorrow! But, I'll enjoy it.

Wedding invites went out today, so progress is being made. I know working out will help the stress, but I just don't feel like I have much time anymore.

Oh, and I started that new job 2 weeks ago - they expect me to be in my office by 8am most days (I'm usually a 8:30am person), so that's challenging me with my workout times. I'm going to try to get up at 5:30am tomorrow, and out of the house by 6am, so that I can squeeze in my workout and get ready and to the office by 8. Wish me luck!

Hang in there JK - any workout is better than none, and you WILL see results from Jillian's plans. You can do this!

Cindy

BfL_Cat 07-31-2007 09:39 AM

Morning gals!

Wow - I'm pretty proud of myself today - I got out of bed at 5:30am, was in the car by 6:10, started my workout by 6:25, in the shower by 7:30 and in my office by 7:55! Probably doesn't sound like much, but for me that is a 45 minute earlier shift, which required a lot of effort!

But, I'm on a roll now, and will continue to do this from now on!
Cindy

PS - I'm so sore I can hardly walk, but it feels great!

jkbunch 07-31-2007 06:44 PM

BFL_Cat- I am so proud of you too! I can't even get my butt up for my 9:00 am class! I bet you feel great that you got the workout over and you have lots of energy for your day. I need your secret.

I have really big sleeping issues...I could sleep up to 18 hours if you would let me. It is like someone is laying on top of me when I get up in the morning. I hate it! I would do anything to be able to workout in the morning and be a morning person.

I am about to go workout on the MTC plan! Hopefully I will burn yesterday's calories off!!!

Keep it going BFL_Cat...you're awesome!

BfL_Cat 08-01-2007 04:32 PM

Day 3 cardio completed this morning - plodded along, but got it done - hurray for me! Now if I could just get my eating under control - I'm being lazy and just grabbing whatever. Today I had Kashi cheese crackers for lunch :(
Cindy

ledom 08-01-2007 05:55 PM

Dog days of summer. It finally got really hot here after some rockin' summer weather up until this point.

I am a mess right now. Plugging away towards my show. Time running out. Diet and exercise are constant daily nagging worry that I am not doing a darn thing about. In artiste mode I wear the same clothes every day, work to exhaustion, and....well like I said, I'm a mess.

The race against Aug. 17 when I go back to work.

So, I'm lurking but not posting until I have something happier to say. Right now I feel really ugly.

BfL_Cat 08-02-2007 11:47 AM

Hey Ledom - good to hear from you.

You may have told us this, but when's the show? August 17th, or is that just when work starts up again in addition to trying to be ready for the show?

Even "artiste"s need to eat, so hopefully you're trying to eat right to give yourself the energy you need to get ready for this. If not, take a break, go to the store and buy yourself some health quick stuff to have around.

And don't you dare feel ugly - your have this great creative talent that people, especially me, would die for - you are creating beauty, so you should try to feel beautiful when doing it! Good luck with it all!

I'm feeling pleased with myself - today, despite getting up a bit late, instead of blowing off my workout, I made myself get up, and I did a modified workout - less reps, less sets, to fit into the 45 minutes I had. Now, why didn't I think about doing that before???? So, I was able to get something in before work and still make it to my 8:00am call!

Weighed myself today - it's up 1/2# over my ticker, but I'm not changing it. It was even higher last week, but I didn't share that with anyone. Could be TOM, or water retention due to humidity, or gain, but regardless, it's going back down!

You gals have a good one!
Cindy

Cindy

lil2sweet5 08-02-2007 12:20 PM

Hello... can I join this forum? Hello? Anybody here :-) I need buddies!!