3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing-184/)
-   -   Jillian's Girls Exercise Journal (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing/67661-jillians-girls-exercise-journal.html)

happydaisy 11-28-2005 10:58 PM

Wow angel eyes! A Jillian workout AND 45 minutes of cardio?! I hope I'm in that kind of shape soon. I hadn't realized how out of shape I was until I did my workout today. And my thighs are already sore so I'm sure once I sleep and am still they will really be on fire. :D

angel-eyes 11-29-2005 11:19 AM

Well thanks for the vote of confidence Happydaisy!! In all honesty, it should have been 1 hour!!! I missed a day of just cardio and I was trying to play catch up. BUT ITS ALL GOOD RIGHT? :D As for the sore muscles, it does take awhile to rest them up.....that is why she chooses different muscle groups to workout on the days that she does. Just think....today it will be an all new set of muscles that hurt!!! :fr: Just joking....keep up the good work!!!

ledom 11-29-2005 03:19 PM

Howdy, I just finished my hour of cardio. I am out of sequence. Did rest day yesterday due to circumstance that required my presence elsewhere. Will start week 5 tomorrow. Scale is looking good mid week.

happydaisy 11-29-2005 04:57 PM

Week 1/Day 2 done. Ouch, but it was fun because my sister did it with me. Hope all you ladies are doing well! ;)

Looking4TheWayOut 11-30-2005 11:01 AM

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Day 1 of Week 5 complete. 62 minutes.

angel-eyes 11-30-2005 01:43 PM

Welcome baaaack Emma!!! woohoo...you are doing awesome today!!!

I completed week 4 day 3 today. I had my rest day yesterday as dh was off, so I'm a little mixed up when today should have been my rest day. Afterwards I did 45 min of cardio ....WITH MY NEW HR MONITOR!!!....gosh love that little thing. I even ran for 8 minutes here and there and felt like an athlete today!!!:carrot: Totally pumped up from last nights show.....LOOK OUT!!!

ledom 11-30-2005 02:32 PM

Whew - just finished day 1/week 5. I did the workout right after lunch which was not the smartest thing I have ever done, made it HARD to do. But chalk it up, it's done!

Looking4TheWayOut 11-30-2005 02:57 PM

Angel, good for you! Thanks for the welcome back.

Ledom, boy, week 5 kicks it up a notch. More sets and jumping jacks with lateral raises! I was dying. :lol:

chick_in_the_hat 11-30-2005 02:59 PM

:cb: WTG Jillian's girls!! :cb:

I'm totally pumped from last night's show, too! I did Day 4 of Week 5 yesterday - I still can't do those :censored: mountain climbers for a minute...I have decided to just keep attempting them for a full minute with a short a break as possible. One thing - I never figured out what a cable cross over was....I just did another chest exercise in it's place. I still think it would be nice to have the page numbers of the exercises in the workout table....I posted it as a suggestion in questions for Jillian...

chick_in_the_hat 12-01-2005 12:42 AM

Woo Hoo - I survived week 5...

ledom 12-01-2005 09:06 AM

Hi all. Well, I just finished day 2 of week 5. I was really feeling it today. It took me abou 1 1/2 hr. to do. So, one thing I have noticed. When I first started the ab exercises felt next to useless. My form was all over the place, I was so winded that I couldn't really care too much how bad they were. My abs were never sore afterwards. I am beginning to feel the muscles working now, I think they were so non-existent that there was nothing to get sore. Yesterday I noticed my abs were actually sore.
So I think that is an improvement. I like todays set of exercises. Gina I know what you mean about finding the exercises in the book, it is hard. I also am missing some equipment that I would love to have but can't afford. Today I cross referenced some of the muscles I was working with Arnold's weightlifting book and found a substitute for low rows. Instead I did good mornings. I think I will be doing more of that type thing. I have been working out without a ball so today I think I'll pick one up since it is called for several times during weeks 5 & 6, I think I can afford that.

This was the earliest in the day that I have gotten around to working out and I must really get used to doing it. I actually seemed more energetic so I that is one good reason to get around. I'll be going back to work in Jan. so must learn to get up and get going.

Looking4TheWayOut 12-01-2005 10:15 AM

Week 5, day 2 DONE. The workouts are getting longer. It took me 48 minutes to do my 5-minute warm-up and all my circuit training leaving minimal time for straight cardio.

I go from one exercise right into the next. I'm very careful with form (I used to bodybuild) and I don't rush, but I don't rest either. So, this stuff is killing me. :lol:

angel-eyes 12-01-2005 12:12 PM

Way to go Emma and ledom !!! :cheer: I start week 5 on Monday so I will have to review the excercises soon. I don't want to be wasting time while doing them. Week 4 day 4 is put to bed. With the help from my trusty new heart rate monitor.....I did some treadmill running today!!! Yes you heard correctly!!! I tried a program 'cardio' usually I do a manual setting but this one levels the incline to adjust to your 'set' heart rate. HOLY COW....I was up at incline 13.6 and then got wise and raised my speed to bring that incline down. After awhile, I started to jog and it levelled out even more. Eventually, I was jogging for almost 25 minutes!!!! I AM SOOO PUMPED!!!! And all the while in my TARGET HEART RATE ZONE!!!! :coach: BOOOYAAAAA

happydaisy 12-01-2005 12:55 PM

Today is a rest day, but I did some walking and am planning some yoga tonight because my flexibility is seriously lacking. :)

chick_in_the_hat 12-01-2005 01:06 PM

ledom - I think it makes perfect sense to substitute exercises for something comparable. The point is still to get the blood moving...and it sounds like we are ALL pulling that off!! (Hard not to!!) :lol: That's one of the things I really needed - a guide to a workout for a while so that I could learn new moves and how to put them together....what's the proverb? Give a man a fish and he won't be hungry today, teach a man to fish and he will never be hungry again? Something like that...

I'm still giggling over this comment "I think they were so non-existent that there was nothing to get sore." ...it hit me a little too close to home, I think....:lol3:

Emma - you go girl!! Glad you are feeling better! :carrot:

angeleyes - Booyaaaa!!!!!!!! I'm still working on getting to jogging...I'm not sure the knees would be too happy about it.... :barf:

happydaisy - enjoy the yoga...I gotta try that someday! Anything to shut me up... :o

gin123 12-02-2005 08:51 AM

I'm only on week 1 but to all of you that have been doing this awhile how much weight or inches have you lost? I know everyone is different but I was just curious. I think all of you are doing a AWESOME job and keep it up.

happydaisy 12-02-2005 09:38 AM

Week 1 day 3 done. I didn't have to go to work too early today so I got it in in the morning. I feel so much better when I work out in the morning. Have a great day everyone! ;)

chick_in_the_hat 12-02-2005 01:57 PM

I've only lost 3 pounds in 5 weeks - but I wasn't losing at all before that...for a month...so hey it's all good! I can see muscles starting to appear under the flubber as well! I meant to measure myself - but I never got around to it. There is a weigh in thread in this forum as well...you can look and see how the others are doing. :)

angel-eyes 12-02-2005 03:44 PM

hey girls....

I was late in getting to the gym this morning and almost blew it off....I wanted so much to go back to bed after the boys went to school!!! BUT I DIDN'T!!! I did however leave Jillian's book at home so I just sort of winged it. Afterwards I did 30 min on the treadmill, for which I ran (a barely there jog) for 2 miles and 450 calories burned!!! :carrot: Love that!! So day 5 of week 4 is done. phew....now if only I can go back to bed:D

ledom 12-03-2005 10:07 AM

day 4 week 5 done. My arms can hardly hold up to type at the moment.

I haven't exactly clocked how much weight I have lost since starting. I was losing before - working out etc. and it all blurs together. But considering a week and a half vacation and Thanksgiving I'd say I've lost at least a lb. a week average. This morning when I weighed, day after weigh in day, I was down another 1 1/2 lb. we'll see if it stays off! I will say that this is the most effective workout I have ever done. I always read people posting about the fat melting off and I'd just say, huh?, never experienced that before. I am starting to feel that way now! Love ya Jillian.

chick_in_the_hat 12-03-2005 12:09 PM

Did everyone see this from MrsJim about how circuit training is supposed to work? That's not how I was doing it....:censored: I was only doing 1 minute of the cardio part at the end...I guess it's gonna take me a little longer than usual...with added time for more :censored: :lol:
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsJim
well...that's not exactly right either, from what I know about circuit training.

Here's how it works:

Let's say that you have a "Circuit" consisting of 3 sets of 15 reps of the following:

Pushups
Leg Press
Jump Rope (90 seconds)

So here's what you do:

15 pushups THEN 15 Leg Presses, THEN 90 seconds of jumping rope;
15 pushups THEN 15 Leg Presses, THEN 90 seconds of jumping rope;
15 Pushups THEN 15 Leg Presses THEN 90 seconds of jumping rope.

There ya go - that's one circuit. An upper body exercise, a lower body exercise, and some cardio to keep the heart rate up.

Hope that helps...

Am I the only clueless one? I'm new to this workout thing...

ledom 12-03-2005 12:47 PM

Gina, Maybe that explains some of the time discrepancy. Yeah, I'm doing that cardio 3 times each set. Get ready to go up another notch baby ;-)!

angel-eyes 12-03-2005 04:50 PM

Duh?...uh oh.... I wasn't doing it correctly either!!! I was doing 3 sets all right, but a total of 45 of pushups.... then 45 leg press .....then only one set of the jumping rope. I was wondering though....because with the new heart rate monitor that I got for my bday, I have very rarely gotten my HR up into the 85% range. This will require really JUMPING from area to area!!! :mad: That pisses me off!!! I feel great and thought I was doing such a bang up job, well back to square one.

ledom 12-03-2005 05:06 PM

Well angel-eyes, you are doing a bang up job. In a day or two after adding the additonal cardio you'll think you were always doing it that way.

chick_in_the_hat 12-04-2005 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ledom
Well angel-eyes, you are doing a bang up job. In a day or two after adding the additonal cardio you'll think you were always doing it that way.

Hmmm, well...maybe not the first day....HOLY HEART RATE, BATMAN!! That sure does make for a different workout. I thought I was getting my butt kicked before!! Apparently it was just a slapfight. :joker: Day one of week 6...I still can't do a whole minute of butt kicks or jumping jacks...but my heart rate didn't have any problem staying up there - what with jumping around every minute or so. :dancer: I thought about starting over with week one - but I think I'm just going to keep going. I'm mostly interested in learning the technique...after week 12 you have to make up your own stuff anyway. :cool:
I was really glad it was Saturday - I practically had the gym to myself. Crank up the Green Day!!
One small success - went out to dinner with DH last night - usually we order dessert when we go out..(at least we share). Last night instead of the big chocolaty thing - we went to TCBY for yogurt! :carrot:

ledom 12-04-2005 11:19 AM

Gina, I feel your pain. Just finished day 4/week 5. My butt is whipped. Some exercises I have never done before. The cross legged lunge, that's new. I like the way it felt but had a hard time balancing. The 1 leg pelvic thrust, really felt that. I am not ready for the plank, had to substitue the crunch where you lean legs to one side. I am so ready for rest day this week and actuallly am thankful for 1 hr. of cardio coming up tomorrow, that sounds like a breeze compared to today.

chick_in_the_hat 12-04-2005 10:36 PM

Week 6 day 2 in the bag....I'm ready for a rest day! I will never again complain that I am having a hard time keeping my heart rate up. :o

ledom 12-05-2005 01:07 PM

Did my hour hike - am so glad tomorrow will be rest day! This week was really hard I thought.

angel-eyes 12-05-2005 04:58 PM

I was looking forward to working out at the gym today but I barely got down the road when my brake light came on. Since I was overdo for a service check, I decided I had better get it looked at. I did the WTP 3 mile videotape before I left for appt. At least I did some excercise, just not what I had planned to do. Still....450 cal burned!!:carrot:

happydaisy 12-06-2005 10:12 AM

Week one done! Will have to double up tomorrow to make up for a day I took off, but overall feeling good and down 2.5 pounds. :carrot:

Looking4TheWayOut 12-06-2005 10:57 AM

I was doing it just as Ms. Jim stated. A round robin I call it. When I do Jillian's workout, I don't rest between any set. I go from push ups to the next to the next, and again until all sets are done then to the next circuit. I find I am gasping for breath in some parts.

I know Mrs. T said she took a lot of breaks so it took her longer. I think if you rest between sets, you'll probably add 10 or more minutes on to the time.

angel-eyes 12-06-2005 04:15 PM

Hi Emma!!! How are you doing? Glad to see you back posting.

happydaisy 12-06-2005 04:38 PM

Do you guys do all three sets in the circuit and then move on to the next? I had been doing one set then moving on to the next circuit and repeating all circuits 3 times. Today I did all the sets in a row and found that it made my muscles work a lot harder, so I think I'll stick with doing it the new way unless that's not the right way to do it. :smug:

angel-eyes 12-06-2005 04:55 PM

Hi Happydaisy.....hehe...I'm still figuring it all out and I'm into week 5!!! Mrs. Jim wrote a post (#181) on this thread...top of the page I think...that explains it the best. Good job on the workout today.

ledom 12-06-2005 05:27 PM

HappyDaisy, I do all the circuits in the set and then move on to the next one.

Rest day was glorious!

chick_in_the_hat 12-06-2005 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ledom
HappyDaisy, I do all the circuits in the set and then move on to the next one. Rest day was glorious!

Ditto! Back to the gym, tonight. :jig:

happydaisy 12-07-2005 01:01 AM

Thanks guys, I thought it felt harder that way. On to week 2! ;)

ledom 12-07-2005 10:39 AM

Week 6/Day 1 complete.

chick_in_the_hat 12-07-2005 11:29 AM

Grumpy Gina at the gym last night....I hate it when it's crowded...I understand some people need to rest between sets...but is it really neccessary for anyone to read a magazine for 15 minutes while sitting on the equipment? :mad: People just need to understand that I AM the center of the Universe (and I am unanimous in this opinion)....:devil: I got through Day 4 of Week 6...without killing anyone. :D I'm still not doing the whole minute of mountain climbers or jumping jacks...I figure as long as I keep my HR up, I'm good to go.

angel-eyes 12-07-2005 01:56 PM

Imagine!! The nerve of some people!!! hehe....actually hate when that happens also. If it was that long of a wait while she was reading the mag. I would have said something. A couple of minutes, no problem....but that is just proper weight room etiquitte. Also ....if you're sweating bigtime....please wipe down the equipment PEOPLE!!!