3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing-184/)
-   -   Jillian's Girls Exercise Journal (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing/67661-jillians-girls-exercise-journal.html)

angel-eyes 03-31-2006 03:23 PM

ledom....GREAT JOB !!! And you're right....mini goals are so doable!! I didn't realize that you were in school right now. If you mentioned it, sorry I forgot. What are you taking? ahhhh, bet you're looking forward to that summer break.

wooohoooo, I lost 2 lbs!!! oh HAPPY FRIDAY!!!! I just got in from a workout at the gym and stopped off at the grocery store for a few things. And did a victory lap passed THE FREE DESSERT SAMPLES!!! I held my head up, shoulders back and VICTORIOUSLY congratulated myself!!! hehe....no really, I did!!! Today is my marker for 45 lbs lost.

ledom 03-31-2006 06:41 PM

:carrot: :carrot: Angel-eyes that is FANTASTIC. 45 lbs. you are getting on down into your goal range. Maybe we should quit complaining and just get on with things. It does seem to be working!

I teach photography at a small university about 40 miles from where I live. It is a great job and the best part is the wonderful breaks. I have lived my life in semesters so long that my life is organized around them. I had the spring off because I was on sabbatical. That comes round every 7 years if I am lucky.

chick_in_the_hat 03-31-2006 09:01 PM

:carrot: woo hoo :carrot: for both of you!!!!

angel-eyes - I'm cracking up over here with the victory lap...:lol3: too funny. You have been practising your positive talk. :D 45 freaking pounds - that is so :cool: !!!

ledom - I don't think your goal is out of control - GO FOR IT!! Onederland is a milestone. If you can visualize it - you can do it. We're here to cheer you on. :cb:

I finally got back to the gym today - I was there longer than usual but only because the freaking on call phone rang 3 times. :mad: Weekends are usually quieter - so I should get a break. The good part was I actually saw the end of Law & Order... (I usually fall asleep on the couch when I try to watch the primetime shows.) :o DH thinks it's funny when I wake up just in time for the credits and ask him what happened...I haven't found a class at a good time yet...kickboxing or otherwise...I'll figure it out. I'm not giving up on Jillian's plan either - I am getting results even if not so much on the scale. :p

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

ledom 04-02-2006 01:05 PM

:hug: Gina and Angel. Your cheering me on is a big part of it all. I appreciate it.:twirly:

So, anyway, I just finished a helluva workout. Almost 2 hours of Jillian, back day. I just really took my time, did two minute intervals after each set on the treadmill at 8.5 incline from 3 to 4 mph. I am whipped and sweaty and having to lean my arms on the table to type because my biceps are wiped out. At some point in this Jillian thing I have increased my bi weight to 15 lbs. I started at 10 with a few 12's thrown in on strong days. I amaze myself with that :smug: .

I have been having really clean food days and I am going to make that goal darn it. I was touching 209 7/8 this morning. That is huge for me, a new "ten" to conquer.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. On the agenda today, taking in a skirt that is too cute to throw in the give away pile.

karate_mama 04-02-2006 08:18 PM

Hey ladies, sorry I haven't been here for a while. Things have been a bit hectic around here. My son was really sick & we all had karate testing a couple weeks ago. I have been struggling to find a place in my house to work out without having to drag everything from room to room, so since it was spring break, I cleared out the garage & converted it into the "exercise room" I haven't got it finished as of yet, due to the vast amount of junk :?: that was in there, but it will be soon. Anyhow, I'm thinking of mixing it up a little & giving the DVD's a break & starting the workout program in Jillian's book. I also went through my closet & ended up with 2 big garbage bags of clothes that no longer fit. :carrot: Well, bye for now, lots more junk to tackle now that there's another brief break in the rain.

Shanice Crawford 04-02-2006 09:06 PM

Hello

I want to know where I can find Jillian Workout Video because I"m all open to new workouts to get me in shape nothing too hard but something to get the heart pumping and me sweating the calories off. I've been doing Crunches but some how got out of the notion to exercise and my father is not helping he's telling me that I'm fat my mom told him to not say that I"m fat I do believe that is how alot of people become anorexic and stop eating food but I don't want to result into something as drastic as that but I"m willing to take that risk but you know people are harsh in this world I guess you can't let them get you down but my Dad has always been Critical about people that were overweight and I think that is not right You need to care about the people that are on the inside than the outside but people are just blind when it comes to that.

I'm a Compulsive Eater yes I do admit it I eat more than 3 meals a day I don't know I just have Nerve Problems and I was taking 5 classes which was keeping me stressed but I dropped my Math Class which I'm so glad I did because that Math Professor was about to drive me crazy. She was just a harsh grader and I had a 13% in the class which I"m not that happy about it but youi know I'm glad i"m out of that class now i have Mondays and Wednesdays to sleep in I love it!

chick_in_the_hat 04-03-2006 12:50 AM

Hi Shanice - Welcome to Jillian's Girls! :welcome3:
I got Jillian's DVD's from Amazon - Jillian also has her own web site where all her books and videos are for sale. I recommend you try her book "Winning by Losing" as well...I learned a lot from it.
I think it's great you are researching getting in shape. You sound like you are still in school so I am going to assume you are young. I wish I had educated myself about living healthy when I was your age.
There is tons of great info on this site, too. The chicks here are very helpful and supportive.
Don't let your Dad's criticisms get you down - you know you are beautiful!
I don't know how much weight you are looking to lose - just make sure you are choosing a plan you can continue as a lifestyle. I count calories and work out - it seems to be working for me. Feel free to ask us anything!

Today was a cardio day for me...trying to get back on schedule - rest day tomorrow. I got some bonus cardio in by mowing the lawn and an extra long dog walk in addition to elliptical time in at the gym.

angel-eyes 04-03-2006 03:12 PM

huh? we got young'uns!!!
Hi Shanice and :welcome3: I have both the books and Jillians dvd's. The book is a great read and explains sooo much, I would highly reccommend it. My dvd's I got at Barnes and Noble in a 2 pack set. As a bonus....inside was also a coupon for her kickboxing dvd FREE!!! WOOHOOO..... If youv'e watched the biggest loser show....you know that it's not going to be a walk in the park nor does she take any prisoners. YOU SWEAT!!! So good luck and just try your best. Small mini goals work best.

I went to the body sculpt class today...phew...what a workout!! Especially after yesterdays workout at dh's club. We uh..er....I crashed his club as no one was at the front desk and I couldn't figure out who to pay. So? I worked out for over an hour yesterday but his club has SO MUCH MORE TO OFFER!!! I did this one chin pull up (with assisted weights) OMG....KILLER!!! Anyways, not sure if I mentioned it, but I got a tattoo last Thursday on my upper shoulder/arm area and the skin is really tight and tender (no? really? lol) and it was hard to do some of the fly's and tricep work, but I did the best that I could. Afterwards I did about 20 min on the treadmill, but was really tired so I stopped. Dh and I have our big 5K race coming up on the 8th...woohooo SATURDAY!!! Never did one before and it was a goal of mine. So we'll see....

ledom 04-04-2006 10:40 PM

Hi everyone! Welcome back Karate Mama and hey Shanice, glad to have you here.

How is everyone doing this week? This is my week to whine - the week that always comes during Spring semester when there are about 3 times too many things to do. I am just having to get workouts when and how I can. Food is good. Somehow hitting the weights hasn't worked for me since Sunday. I have been walking and jogging both days since then though. This weekend I am escaping all chores and responsibilities and going camping and kayaking. I know that I will get back to my daily Jillian but I am not going to stress about it while I am so swamped at work. Just 5 more weeks after this one and I think this one is really the worst as far as meetings and all the extras that I am having to deal with. I am aiming for 3 Jillian workouts this week counting the one Sunday and I think I can manage that.

chick_in_the_hat 04-05-2006 12:06 AM

Hey chickies!

ledom - sounds like you are getting your moving in when you can. A lot of people would just say forget the workouts when they get that busy...I do think a little exercise goes a long ways with dealing with work stress..so - YAY ledom! "Food is good" is a key statement as well - WTG! :carrot:

angel-eyes - new ink! :cool: Hope it's feeling better...you are getting to be such a rebel...crashing clubs and such...my work here is done. :s: All psyched for your 5K...Woo Hoo what a rush that finish line will be. :cb:

I started week 10 again today....I like the holding for 5 seconds at midpoint...
I'm so over feeling like a dork at the gym....people still stare during step plyos, tho... :lol3:

If it isn't raining, I'm going scooter camping this weekend - sounds like we will all have stories to tell on Monday. :D

angel-eyes 04-05-2006 11:39 AM

yeah Chick...thats so me!!!....a 'rebel' in training!!! hehe :D I'm the 'cross the t's and dot the i's' kind of person who always wonders if I'm saying something dumb or actually make sense?? Its all good though, I'm having more fun now at 45 than I did in my 30's!!! Scooter camping?... kayaking?....5K race? I'll say we'll have stories!! Make good choices everyone!!!! I'm heading out for some errands. Ds needs some help with the school play and I'm the 'shopper' today for some missing items in set design! Get that excercise in.....WHENEVER POSSIBLE!!! That goes for me too, I didn't get any in yesterday!!

chick_in_the_hat 04-06-2006 12:15 AM

Back day today...need I say more? :woo: :wl:

ledom 04-07-2006 07:16 AM

Oh Man, this week went from bad to worse exercise wise. I just gave up on Wednesday. Not forever of course. I have a lot to get done today and then get my stuff together and out to the lake before dark. BUT - look at my ticker!!! Down 2.5 lbs. this week though of course I can't reflect that 1/2 lb. but in my mind I know it's only 9.5 lbs. to lose in the next 5 weeks. This weekend is going to be a huge challenge. I am barely even taking food because everyone else has these huge meals they are excited about making, some dutch oven cooks in the group. I am taking a lot of fruit to serve with each meal. My plan is to eat everything but eat small servings with a lot of fruit and to move a whole LOT. I am the rabid paddler in the group, they mostly enjoy floating down rivers while I like long endurance flat water paddling so I am thinking I might strike out on my own for a big adventure while they sit around and play cards. They'll all paddle of course but it is never enough for me.

edited to say sorry about the me-me post. Hope you all have a super weekend and I'll see you on Monday eager to hear about the race and the scooter camping.

angel-eyes 04-08-2006 10:19 AM

I'M BAAAACKK!!!! What a fantastic feeling!!! It sure changed weather wise though....yesterday it was a balmy hot day of 78 and today? a high of maybe 55 !!!! We were up at 5:30 and out of the house by 6:15am. Very cold
(41) and very windy I might add....but I finished in 34:10 and dh pushed ahead to finish with 31:45 !!!! After getting scanned and a little snack....we were in the car heading home by 8:15am. hehe...amazing!!! A friend of mine was there with her 10yo as he was doing the kids 1mile fun run and she took a picture of me at the finish line!!! woooohooooo now I can add this to my list of accomplishments!!! I was talking to dh on the way home and said...I couldn't imagine doing this with the extra 45 lbs on me, and we were talking that it would be like carrying a 5yo piggy back and jogging!!!:carrot:

ps....no worries about your post, you're entitled to a 'me me post' every now and then......;) Have a great time!!!

chick_in_the_hat 04-10-2006 01:24 AM

That is so :cool: angel-eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So proud of you!!!!! :cb: :carrot: :cb: :carrot:

ledom - I wanna hear all about the rabid paddling! What me me post? :hug: You were excited..it's a good thing.

After much deliberation and a pretty ugly weather report I decided to go camping anyway...the ride was beautiful....the whole weekend was GREAT! It didn't even rain. So wierd. Anyhow - I missed one workout day....I don't think the beer bungie counts....they had a bunch of inner tubes tied together - you put the tire on the end around your waist and stretch the bungie to get to the beer. If you make it and drink some beer you get to go to the next round. I barely made it to the second round - they move the keg back each round...I could have done better if I weighed more...but I can't say I'm too upset about losing on those terms. :D Still debating if I can remember enough to try logging what I ate last night....:yikes: Oh well...I kicked butt in the gym today....I didn't have my HRM or my workout list...winging it was kinda fun. The elliptical was still smoking after I did my cooldown. :devil: :ebike:

How's that for a me me post? ;)