3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing-184/)
-   -   Jillian's Girls Exercise Journal (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing/67661-jillians-girls-exercise-journal.html)

chick_in_the_hat 03-06-2006 10:20 PM

Hey -
Rest day today....
ledom - I was thinking about what you said about wanting to build some serious muscles. I say more power to ya! Literally! :D For me - I'm going to keep trying to lose some more body fat off the top so that I can see what I've already got better. I have been wanting to get my shoulders to the point where you can see the definition between the shoulder and the lower part of the arm above the elbow.....maybe you could split it up as a couple days of heavy duty lifting and the other 2 days of Jillian Style Cardio Circuits? Best of both worlds?
Angel-eyes - nifty NSV with DH checking your biceps out :)

I had a great ride on the scooter that day. It has been raining pretty much since then. Oh well. Back day was good yesterday, as always!

ledom 03-06-2006 11:01 PM

Gina-It is all rolling around in my head. I sure need to lose more weight too and that is #1 on my list of goals. I teach and am swamped at the moment but I get summers off. I think that might be the time to start adding in heavier weights and maybe switch things more. I was looking ahead and Jillian's weeks 7 & 8 say to lift 'til failure so I am thinking I might be able to take a new attitude with the weights within her structure for the next couple of weeks. I have also been looking at Krista's site some and thinking that I might try some different exercises within the framework. Since I don't have access to a great variety of machines I think I have gotten stuck in doing a lot of the same exercises to much, especially chest, back and abs. I need to explore some new exercises. I rested today as well. Will be back at it tomorrow though.

Today I have tried to be really thoughtful and concious of food. I have had such a good streak going, but have kind of lost it the last week and a half. Too many calories, not like a lot more, but enough more that it has stalled my weight loss. I have to really get my act back together. I didn't use fitday today but like I said, I have said no to myself on anything not planned and I think I can build on this day. For a little while I am going to add back my 5th meal. I am just hungrier lately. I think by having that 5th healthy meal I can cut down on the "treats."

Glad you got out over the weekend. Now that I was back at work today the weather was absolutely gorgeous. Maybe next weekend.

ledom 03-08-2006 07:18 AM

Morning guys - things seem to be going a lot better on the diet front this week. I have been able to break my cycle of taking in extra calories by chanting my next little goal to myself when temptation comes calling. I think one thing I have learned in a big way over the last few months is that 150 to 200 extra calories a day is the difference between losing and maintaining. It seems so little when you are taking those calories in, but sure makes the weigh in frustrating. So, I hope I am not getting ahead of myself by claiming control, but I don't think so. I have the old feeling back that I can really do this. While today is back today I think I am going to switch it with my cardio day. I want to walk outside and tomorrow is supposed to be stormy and rainy. So, here in a second I am off. Don't forget BL tonight! :carrot:

chick_in_the_hat 03-09-2006 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ledom
I think one thing I have learned in a big way over the last few months is that 150 to 200 extra calories a day is the difference between losing and maintaining. It seems so little when you are taking those calories in, but sure makes the weigh in frustrating.

I am so totally with you on this. For the last couple weeks I have been on target....give or take a couple of days. :p Hopefully it shows up in the weigh in. I think I'm finally getting the mix figured out. Looking up my old food journals was quite enlightening.

Week 6 is in the hopper except for a cardio day tomorrow....:carrot:

I never thought I would be into tank tops...I like to watch stuff moving around when I work out. :dizzy: Bat wings are so going away...now for the thunder thighs.. :o

BL was great - I was due for a fix. Can't wait to see the end next week. What's up with Bob's team winning the weigh in? Gonna have to have a little talk with Jillian.. :s: Actually - I've said it before, I think the bigger the team is to start with, the easier it is for them to win. I do think these teams are more evenly matched that some of the other shows, though. All women is interesting, too. We'll see - the red team is younger, too.

ledom 03-09-2006 06:11 AM

Gina - You are doing so good and are SO SO close to your goal. Isn't it a marvelous thing to watch your body change? I have been stunned to actually see results in my legs with Jillian's workout. Not there yet by any means. It is funny - when I catch my reflection head on I look so much slimmer, from the side too, but not as much.

I seem to be losing the bloat of the last couple of weeks this week and I am starting to see my muscles again. It has been very strange to have stalled out after a couple of months of steady losses. You begin to think that maybe you can't do it after all, that you have lost all your body is capable of. But of course that is not true, I feel like in a way that my body is in a state of catching up with itself. I am ready to start going down again, that is for sure.

Challenge coming up. I will be traveling 16-22. That is always a big challenge for me. For one thing I won't get to workout. I am trying to think of it as a rest though and I don't plan to used it as an excuse to overeat. I won't have the same control over what I eat, but I know how to make it work if I just will. I will be seeing people that I haven't seen since I lost 35 lbs. so I think that will be fun. I believe they will be able to notice.

I enjoyed BL too, though I was a bit distracted trying to get ready for company at the same time. I look forward to next week as well. It is seeing the big losses that I find especially motivating and that will be the night before I leave on my trip so that will great timing.

angel-eyes 03-09-2006 11:49 AM

hehe....I was thinking we should call this the "chick, ledom and angel" thread!!:D How is everyone doing today? I'm just checking in, nothing really new to report. I just keep doing my thing, you know.....going to the gym and running, working on weights and taking the bodysculpting class. I too have just gotten over (fingers crossed and knocking on wood) a 6 week yo-yo of losing and gaining the same 2-3 lbs....SO DOWNWARD HO!!!! I got my haircut yesterday and everyone is GA GA over it....apparently now I've got cheek bones TO DIE FOR!!! :rofl: hehe...too funny. Have a great day!! oh yeah....its raining here again AND for the next 5 days!!!:?:

curlylocks 03-09-2006 01:54 PM

psssst we wanna see the haircut! ive been touying with the idea of a short do!

ledom 03-10-2006 06:09 AM

angel-eyes congrats on the new haircut! Got mine chopped off yesterday too. I took the Natalie Portman photo in this months Vogue to my hairdresser. I have been short almost a year now and after years of thinking my face was too fat for short hair I am in love with it and can't seem to ever get it short enough. Yesterday's cut might have been successful on that front however.

Glad to hear your workouts are going good. I am feeling a little tired here at the end of the week. Going to substitue a yoga day today as I just need a change. I'll be back to the circuit tomorrow however.

chick_in_the_hat 03-12-2006 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angel-eyes
hehe....I was thinking we should call this the "chick, ledom and angel" thread!!:D

We should get the mods to rename it. ;) Hey...when ya got something good - ya keep it going. :grouphug: Now we all have short hair...we might need to add that to the thread name as well. :lol:

ledom - is it at least a fun trip or business...traveling is hard, you have less control. Take some easy snack stuff so you have something on hand that isn't too calorie dense...it beats going hungry and then binging when you do finally get around to a meal.
You can do this, I think thinking of it as an exercise break is a good idea. Then you'll be gung ho to get back to it when you return. It beats my plan of taking a bunch of stuff with me to work out with only to ignore it the whole time....:doh:

This weekend I started week 7. It says to vary the reps...today I did 10x3....and went heavier. I slacked on the gym cardio yesterday, but took the dog to the river where there are hills...:carrot: It's really beautiful there right now, spring is almost here. And I didn't get rained on. :cb: Not so nice today - there might be enough of a break in the rain for a couple laps around the park - if it starts raining you are never too far from the car. :dizzy:

Hope everyone (both of you:lol3:) is having a great weekend!!!

angel-eyes 03-12-2006 06:02 PM

Yesterday was a fantastic day here also!! :cool: It was sort of funny how the day worked out, by 2pm .......dh had gone out, ds was over to a classmates and other ds was playing football at a friends house. I had a early case of "empty nest syndrome" ...haha....instead of turning on the tv or better yet EATING OUT OF BOREDOM :o (.....I decided to make the most of it and went out in the nice sunny hot day that it was.....for a long walk/run!!! I was gone for an hour and got some good excercise in (since my gym closes really early on a Sat). I was really proud of myself!!! Earlier in the day we popped into Walmart to check out buying a navy suit for ds's First Communion and happened to walk by the Junior dept and bought a couple of tee's and a pair of shorts!!....HEHE ...at 45 yo I'M A JUNIOR NOW!!! and not just squeezing into the last size either.....that was a real eye opener! :yikes: I'm really doing this weightloss-turn-your-life-around!!!!:)

chick_in_the_hat 03-12-2006 09:36 PM

angel-eyes -

TOO FREAKING COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb:

ledom 03-13-2006 07:02 AM

:carrot: Angel Eyes, that is so exciting. :carrot: Wow!!!

Glad you got outside in some good weather Gina. Me too! I actually got a little color on my arms and face during a nice long hike yesterday.

Yes, these workouts are just the best. Really effective. I would love to see more people embrace them because I am convinced this is the best thing going. I speak from experience too.

I was happy to weigh less this a.m. than I did Friday morning. I didn't give into the "it's the weekend" mentality this week. It is too bad I am leaving this week because I feel I am poised to head down the scale again. Maybe I still can. Business or pleasure trip? Well, kind of a duty trip, going to see my in-laws. My husband, who was an ex at the time, died about 18 years ago but I still take my daughter to visit his mother and sister once a year. It's never a trip I look forward to, on the other hand it isn't too bad.

I am feeling tired at the moment. I am taking a rest day, I had thought I would just power on through since I will have next week off but I decided I need to go ahead and take a rest day. I haven't taken one in a while, as a matter of fact I have lost track.

Good Monday to everyone.

angel-eyes 03-14-2006 11:39 PM

Hey you two?...How are you?

Went to the gym this morning and had a great workout!! 2 women came over to me when their class was over and commented on how much weight I've lost....and how good I look.....etc etc. They were actually GUSHING!!!....ABOUT ME!!!! hehe, well I walked a little taller after THAT, I tell you!!! :D I guess its really starting to show, that and my new cheek bones :rofl:

Thanks for the dancing banana's and cheering carrots!!!

ledom 03-15-2006 08:58 AM

Sounds like you have found the sweet spot Angel. I am out of here after today. I am already looking forward to getting home and getting back in the groove. This week has been so busy with extra chores in anticipation of getting away that I haven't been working out since Sunday. I know, bad ledom. I hate it though and will be hitting the ground running when I bet back a week from today.

angel-eyes 03-15-2006 11:17 AM

Thanks ledom!! Hope you have a great trip. How long has it been since your dd has seen her (ex)grandparents? I bet they'll see a huge difference in you!! You have really done a great job and don't be too hard on yourself for putting in extra time this week with no workouts. Have a safe trip. :wave: