3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing-184/)
-   -   Jillian's Girls Exercise Journal (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing/67661-jillians-girls-exercise-journal.html)

Looking4TheWayOut 11-02-2005 09:09 AM

Today I completed 64 minutes of Week 3, Day 2 with treadmill intervals to boot. :)

angel-eyes 11-02-2005 10:52 AM

Good job on the workout Emma!!! :carrot:

Sunnykells.......I can't say I know anything about the dvd's, but I would add them in after your weight training circuits. Unless, its her helping you with the weights or is it just cardio? The book really is key though to jumpstart your metabolism. Good luck.

Just for us......the lat pulldown is different from day 1 and day 2 (wk1). I made the same mistake also. Day 1 has your hands in a position of the end of the bar, while day 2 has your hands in the position of in the middle of the bar working your triceps. This way it works 2 muscle groups. Hope that helps. ;) As for jumping jacks, I sub in a very fast minute of skipping rope.

JustForUs 11-02-2005 11:26 AM

Thank you angel eye's... that is very helpful!! ;)

ledom 11-02-2005 12:02 PM

Good job everyone. Just finished my workout. Good and sweaty now. All you on week 3 have me psyching myself up for it.

chick_in_the_hat 11-02-2005 04:02 PM

Did Day 4 of week 1 yesterday....it helped a lot to map out which machines I was going to use in which order before I even warmed up...it also helped to put the page numbers of the explanations of the exercises onto the workout list in the book so that I could look stuff up faster. I still am not getting my heart rate upa s high as I would like - today I'll up my weights..see what that does. :carrot: I added 25 minutes on the ellyptical as well to fill out the hour.

Mrs.T 11-02-2005 08:01 PM

Today was my day off of exercise!! Tomorrow is first day of week THREE!!

SunnyKells 11-02-2005 11:20 PM

Thanks for your input Angel Eyes! Her videos actually have exercises from all the different weeks (which would probably explain why on my week 1 here I'm struggling with some of them) but it's really awesome overall and each time I do it, I do a bit more than I could before ... though I think starting Monday I'm gonna start the book exercises and try that for a week and just see how I feel & the results!

Today I did the video though, after a BAD day at work, I did her shape up front DVD and dang that really is just painful ... but it's definitely a good workout and makes me feel good after it's over :) I'm off to read more of her book ... I love it but I can't seem to comprehend it after work, I'm too freaking tired! Sorry, I'm babbling! You guys are doing great workouts .... woohoo :)

SunnyKells 11-02-2005 11:22 PM

Oh and Rhonda -- I REALLY want all the DVDs but since I wasn't willing to wait, I just got her shape up front & shape up back DVDs (the kickboxing one looks AWESOME) but I love them! They definitely kick my butt ... lol the DVD workout, when I looked up the exercises in her book, I noticed they have things from each week, she really seemed to mix it up I think so that way it's good for everyone ... it's really hard to do the DVD full out -- I definitely can't -- but it's getting easier with each time I do it. Oh did I say easier? I meant more doable ... definitely not easier ... LOL It's just my endurance is building up so yay! I can't wait to hear about the other 3 DVD's and hopefully good them soon too! :)

chick_in_the_hat 11-03-2005 12:33 AM

I had a great workout today (day 4 of week 1)....sweaty and tired after..but a good sweaty and tired. :cb:
I like how the plan of it makes me focus. Before, I was doing the same thing all the time....what a rut..well I'm over the rut. I'm trying machines I've never tried before...even going so far as checking out the part of the gym where the doods in weight belts hang out... :p

I always felt guilty before about taking a day off...not anymore! Jillian said I could! :lol: I'm still gonna get some cardio in tomorrow and Friday...but it's all good.

Daisy Boo 11-03-2005 06:03 AM

Week 1, Day 4 circuit with intervals on orbitrek (30 mins) and yoga balance and strength poses (30 mins).

The yoga was great - really helped me to center after my workout which was INTENSE! I couldn't believe it. I had the day off yesterday as an allocated rest day, but today's workout was great - felt very tough getting through some moves :strong: such as the sumo squats, but great!

Phew!

JustForUs 11-03-2005 08:10 AM

day 3 of week 1 ! I skipped my rest day because I need to rest tom, I may not find the time to excercise...eeek!! today was a good work out, a little sweety, nothing like the first day though... hmm... maybe just because I am so damn soore.... other then that, did I mention it is difficult to walk and wash my hair! I LOVE IT!!

skinnyjeans 11-03-2005 09:30 AM

HI everyone. I have been MIA since Monday. Ended up not working out Mon because I wasn't feeling well, followed up by not working out Tues because I was still so run down. Felt better yesterday but wanted to stick to the same schedule and it was Rest Day so I just did cardio instead. Back on track now and can't wait to get into it again. Will do Week 2 3rd workout(?) tonight.

We will see how it goes may repeat Week 2 since I missed half of it, I'm in no hurry. Or try Week 3 and see if I can do it. Either way its good to be back! And you all have been doin' real well.

rcsaros 11-03-2005 10:20 AM

Hi everyone
Week 2 Day 4 - did the circuit from the book. This circuit doesn't get me as sweaty as the others do but that is OK. My legs are still sore which is a good sign that they are working.

I will have to review week 3 this weekend to see what I am in for, looks like it will be tough but a good tough : )

It sounds like everyone is doing great. Hope everyone has a great day.

Rhonda

angel-eyes 11-03-2005 12:39 PM

Morning all!!!
I'm in the same boat as you Rhonda.....week 2 day 4. I switched up to some heavier weights so thats a good thing. I notice my arms are a little more 'curvey' with .....MUSCLE!!! :strong: Those concentration curls are the BOMB!!! :carrot: I'll need some time to read up on next weeks excercises as well. Keep up the great work ladies!!!

Looking4TheWayOut 11-03-2005 01:32 PM

First day off and much needed!

Good job, girls!