The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 11-21-2005, 09:46 AM   #91  

Breakfast:

2 hard boiled eggs
1 glass of water

I had a complete weekend of 1200 calorie days, so today I'm going to 1400 just to mix it up.

I hope everyone is doing well!!
Old 11-21-2005, 05:08 PM   #92  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone....

Breakfast......2 ff special K waffles, ff lc syrup, scrambled eggs
Lunch........1 C progresso chicken soup, 3 wasa crackers, 1 slice borden sharp cheese, smidge of butter on crackers
Snack......8 animal crackers
Dinner.........pork tenderloin, carrots, green beans

water so far.....10 Cups
Old 11-21-2005, 09:53 PM   #93  

Oh crap... I really thought today was a 1200 calorie day, I went up to 1300 calories anyway!!! LOL

Lunch was half a PB&J, and 1/2 cup of non fat cottage cheese

Dinner was garlic roasted chicken with a cup full of vegetables and some roasted potatoes.

Tea and tea biscuits.. woohoo
Old 11-22-2005, 04:53 PM   #94  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

hey....we should call this the Mrs. T and Angel-eyes food journal thread.... Where is everyone? hehe

I was eating on the run today, so not very good planning wise......

breakfast....1 C oatmeal, 1/2 C skim milk...a few raisins/br. sugar
pc of leftover pork tenderloin
snack......apple, mozz. string (3 pm)
Lunch.....2 lc whole wheat bread, 1 cheese slice, ham(3 pm)
Dinner......shepherds pie....(ground beef, corn, mashed potatoes)....not sure yet...but I could have eggs and toast.

water.....not enough yet....only 4 C
Old 11-22-2005, 04:58 PM   #95  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

I'm lazy - I lurk....I do log everything into FitDay...
Old 11-22-2005, 07:33 PM   #96  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

yesterday.

i did well - until i went home to an empty house and ate too much.

breakfast - coffee
lunch - 2 x nori hand rolls (yum!)
dinner - left overs from the night before.
snack - pear, 2 fruit muffins.

I am keeping my water up though and got in 2.4LT again yesterday. I have a bladder the size of a peanut!
Old 11-22-2005, 07:39 PM   #97  

Oh Daisy, doesn't it suck when you actually drink the water you should be drinking. You seem to always be going to the bathroom.

Not at all an expert but shouldn't you be having more for breakfast than a coffee???
Old 11-22-2005, 07:51 PM   #98  
fat fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzLoserToBe
Oh Daisy, doesn't it suck when you actually drink the water you should be drinking. You seem to always be going to the bathroom.

Not at all an expert but shouldn't you be having more for breakfast than a coffee???
i don't think you have to be an expert to know that you need to eat breakfast but thank you for pointing it out. it is one of my biggest bad habits that i need to break.

i haven't eaten breakfast since i was about 14 (which was the same time i developed an eating disorder) - only now could you count the weekends with the occasional cook up. i am one of those people who is up, dressed and out the door within 30 minutes without a thought for breakfast and normally don't really get hungry until 11.00am.

i normally have my coffee on the way to work in the car (45 min drive each way). I was thinking this morning that perhaps making a smoothie in the morning instead might be the way to go - and drink that in the car instead.

otherwise i suppose i need to become a morning person and just get up 15 mins earlier.

thoughts?
Old 11-22-2005, 08:05 PM   #99  

Maybe start by stocking the cupboards with a healthy breakfast bar. Something you can grab and eat in the car with your coffee. It's a start.

When I was a teenager I discovered that it was only when I ate something that I got hungry, so I would leave it as late as possible in the day before I ate and often would go days without eating. Bad bad. Once I went a month without eating, I think I lost 4 kg, I screwd my body up so bad.

The really bad part was that I wouldn't eat all day and then after school I would go to the gym and do an aerobics class and blackout. I would hear people talk about me in whispers saying I was sick. I would get angry and think well why on earth doesn't someone help me.

Eat breakfast!!!
Old 11-22-2005, 09:05 PM   #100  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Have you got Kashi Bars over there? Granola bars are good, too..just make sure you read the label, some of them have A LOT of calories. I try not to go over 130 calories for a bar...no preparation required! Bananas or apples are also handy for driving food. Yogurt is handy - but you might want to wait 'til you get to work...
Old 11-22-2005, 11:15 PM   #101  
Determined

Today was not so good - just found out I have pneumonia. Since I was nauseous, I had a pack of gushers, a thing of gatorade and water.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:44 AM   #102  
Uber-Moderator!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy Boo
i don't think you have to be an expert to know that you need to eat breakfast but thank you for pointing it out. it is one of my biggest bad habits that i need to break.

i haven't eaten breakfast since i was about 14 (which was the same time i developed an eating disorder) - only now could you count the weekends with the occasional cook up. i am one of those people who is up, dressed and out the door within 30 minutes without a thought for breakfast and normally don't really get hungry until 11.00am.

i normally have my coffee on the way to work in the car (45 min drive each way). I was thinking this morning that perhaps making a smoothie in the morning instead might be the way to go - and drink that in the car instead.

otherwise i suppose i need to become a morning person and just get up 15 mins earlier.

thoughts?
This is interesting because if you saw tonight's show...Bob talked about that very topic - that a great many overweight/obese people SKIP breakfast - and end up pigging out throughout the day!

The show was promoting Quaker's Weight Control instant oatmeal...while I normally shun those 'girly instant packs' of oatmeal for the old-fashioned kind - I just checked the ingredients on the Quaker website and it seems like a pretty good choice - a good amount of fiber and only 1 gram of sugar!

Actually, the old-fashioned oats only takes about 3 minutes to make in the microwave...I usually just pour in 1/2 cup of dry oats, add a few frozen blueberries, some cinnamon and Splenda, pour water overall and nuke for about 2 1/2 minutes...what could be simpler...generally I'll have an eggwhite omelette with it or you can do what our Mel and Meg (from Ladies who Lift and Maintainers forums here at 3FC) do and stir in some protein powder after nuking!

Even if you're not hungry in the morning (yet!) I would HIGHLY recommend having a nutritious breakfast - try and get something LOW in sugar, with complex carbs, fiber and protein - Cap'n Crunch or Apple Jacks don't count...

As far as the smoothie is concerned, personally I don't think that's the best choice because they are normally LOADED with sugar and don't 'hold' you very well - they go through your gut pretty quickly! Eat something that your digestive system can work on for awhile...that's my advice
Old 11-23-2005, 01:12 AM   #103  
fat fighter

wow - thanks guys! I think there are some great suggestions in here.

MrsJim - we haven't yet had the episode you mentioned of TBL (we are two weeks behind - Shannon only just got booted) so I will definately be sure to watch (as if I wouldn't anyway )

This whole process for me is breaking bad habits formed as a teenager. a typical day would have been not eating a thing until dinner, and then gorging and then exercising like a maniac. I actually was vegetarian for about 5 years - initially as a ploy so I didn't have to explain why I wasn't eating.

I think at this same time I developed an issue with eating in front of people - as weird as it is to say. I just wouldn't eat in public. Even now, I won't go to a cafe and eat by myself but would prefer to eat in my car. Sounds pretty sad saying it out loud actually .

I will have a think about it tonight and devise something for breakfast. I had tried the packet portions of porridge/oatmeal before and quite liked them. I like the idea of just doing it in the microwave. Perhaps some new tupperware is in order and I can make it at home and then nuke it and eat it at work

I simply am not hungry in the mornings, but if I waited until about 8.30/9.00am it would still be breakfast - right what time would it no longer be conducive to maintaining my metabolism?

my head hurts

happydaisy - hope you feel better soon - you have been doing great!
Old 11-23-2005, 05:57 AM   #104  

Yay, this is great it's like a big team effort to work on Daisy's breakfast. I reckon your plan sounds great and really any excuse for new tupperware is a good one. I think if you can work breakfast into your day that is a huge success. OK off you go now, report back. Oh before you go.. I hate eating in public too. When people ask what your favourite restaurant is I'm like.. ahhh yeah I don't eat at restaurants. Time to change!! Oh and one more thing, did you see we have a double episode of BL this Friday night which should catch us up to the US. It's going head to head with Survivor, guess the recorder is going to get a workout.

HappyDaisy, sorry to hear you're not well. Try to focus on resting and letting yourself recover properly.

Last edited by OzLoserToBe; 11-23-2005 at 06:02 AM.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:27 AM   #105  

HappyDaisy, OMG, I am so sorry you're not feeling well. Just rest and take care of yourself!!

Yesterday I forgot to check in. Yesterday was 1600 calorie day, did well with that.

Water sucked yesterday, going to up that today and refocus on that.