The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 09-29-2005, 04:01 AM   #1  

Default Anyone tried the Biggest Loser Club?

Hello Everyone,
I'm new to this site. I'm trying to find out what program will work for me. I'm insulin resistent/pcos. So, ordinarily I have a hard time losing weight. Last year I got married. As you may guess, I followed a very strict diet/workout regimen for over 7 months & lost 20 lbs to only have gained it all back now. I'd love to know if anyone that's similar to my case has tried this club and if it has worked for them or what else has.

Thanks A Million
Old 09-29-2005, 10:27 AM   #2  
Uber-Moderator!!

First off - welcome to 3FC

You mean the subscription club?

Suzanne checked it out - didn't think much of it, compared to other online diets such as eDiets. I'll ask her if she'd like to put in her two cents on that.

In the meantime...you might want to check out the PCOS/Insulin Resistance forum here at 3FC - great place for info and support (and it's *free* )
Old 09-29-2005, 12:48 PM   #3  

That's right, I was referring to the subscription club. I'd love to hear from the person that has tried it. My biggest question, is if they customize the program for you (diet/exercise program).Thanks for the link on PCOS/IR forum. I took a look at it and found some great info. from others struggling w/. this condition and how they are managing to lose weight. I guess I'm just gonna have to try the SBD or IR diet and just start from there.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:59 PM   #4  
Uber-Moderator!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by okigirl
That's right, I was referring to the subscription club. I'd love to hear from the person that has tried it. My biggest question, is if they customize the program for you (diet/exercise program).Thanks for the link on PCOS/IR forum. I took a look at it and found some great info. from others struggling w/. this condition and how they are managing to lose weight. I guess I'm just gonna have to try the SBD or IR diet and just start from there.
I personally don't know all that much about PCOS, but we have a lot of gals here who do - and they all hang out at the forum so feel free to hang out and soak up the info!

Suzanne kind of touched on the BL Club (the $$ club) in her sticky at the top of this forum. It sounds like they put folks on a standard diet...it might or might not be customized (usually of course not done by an actual live person but by software that figures all that stuff out).
Old 09-29-2005, 02:10 PM   #5  
jammin on the bandwagon

S/C/G: 245/slider/145

Height: 5'6"

Hey,Hey welcome to fat chicks. I am pcos/insulin resisistant and am 4 lbs away from goal in just over a year now. My point? You can do this to. Don't let the pcos label make you think you can't lose weight.

My personal opinion of the biggest loser diet? Money making gimmeck. Although I really know nothing about. I would go w/e-diets if your going to go w/any subscription diet plan. Weight Watchers is supposed to be good to and you can subscribe to them online nowadays too.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:50 PM   #6  
Uber-Moderator!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shhambo
I would go w/e-diets if your going to go w/any subscription diet plan.

Actually...in a nutshell, that's what Suzanne told me.