3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing-184/)
-   -   Biggest Loser Season 15 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing/287868-biggest-loser-season-15-a.html)

Ilene 09-23-2013 05:39 AM

Biggest Loser Season 15

Can't wait for the Biggest Loser season 15 to start :carrot: October 8th, save the date! Reuben from "American Idol" is on it too...

http://www.nbc.com/the-biggest-loser/contestants/

The coaches also had more say in the choosing of the contestants and on who goes home, they can give them a second chance...

http://www.nbc.com/the-biggest-loser/

luckymommy 09-23-2013 09:04 AM

I also can't wait! I know the rate of loss on this show is completely unrealistic but I still find it so motivating!

DaisyBelle 10-04-2013 12:11 AM

I've never watched much of it before, but I am looking forward to this season and finding inspiration :)

EofAZ 10-04-2013 10:45 AM

Thx Ilene, wasn't sure exactly when it would be starting. Sounds like it should be a good season.

Haley8203 10-05-2013 03:13 PM

I love Rueben!

Nagazim 10-06-2013 06:33 PM

I love The Biggest Loser!

LittleBlueCat 10-06-2013 06:55 PM

Can't wait for renewed motivation always come along with the show!!

OnMyOwn1981 10-06-2013 10:04 PM

This is my first season of watching the show without sitting in front of the tv stuffing a pint of ice cream in my face and telling myself I wish I could be like them. My journey might not be exactly the same as theirs but I can do it!

Goddess Jessica 10-16-2013 06:27 PM

Who watched last night?

I have a favorite already. Rachel, the swimmer. Love her.

luckymommy 10-16-2013 06:48 PM

I watched it....I'm so glad Jillian saved the guy who fell below the red line. I'm also glad that the guy with the beard didn't end up with Jillian! ;)

Ilene 10-16-2013 06:54 PM

I really liked the new format, the trainers choosing the contestants, the trainers having a choice of letting go of the person below the yellow line...

I think there will be a lot less whiners this year too YAY for that...

My favourite is the Olympic lifter :yes: and Reuben what a cutee...

cleancowgirl 10-16-2013 07:10 PM

David did amazing losing 38lbs. He is a very sad story, has a lot of demons to conquer with losing his first wife.

Goddess Jessica 10-16-2013 11:23 PM

I also think it was smart thinking for Jillian to save the first person to leave her team. This totally prevents her from playing favorite later on and takes the "save" card completely out of her team's game. I found it a very good strategic move.

Yes, I'm glad Jillian didn't get David. I think he needed a different trainer. I love Jillian. She's my favorite but it's also because she is just like me. David totally shut down when confronted with her style of coaching so he needed someone more apt to sit down and talk those issues through. I think Dolvett was a good choice.

The woman who has a crush on Dolvett is so weird.

Bob and Holley will be an interesting team.

nray111 10-22-2013 04:06 PM

Love it love it love it...I also feel inspired when I watch the show. It always gives me the munchies but I have the power!! lol.

Ilene 10-22-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goddess Jessica (Post 4864242)
I also think it was smart thinking for Jillian to save the first person to leave her team. This totally prevents her from playing favorite later on and takes the "save" card completely out of her team's game. I found it a very good strategic move.

Good point!! Why didn't I think of that :lol:

Goddess Jessica 10-23-2013 02:03 PM

Anyone watch the new one?

I always find it disturbing in the producing of this show how they "skim" over some people. Their stories are never fully developed. I am always saying, "Wait. Who is that again?" They're like the redshirts of the USS Fattbutt.

I would say I am sad to see Fernanda go but "Wait. Who is that again?"

Wannabehealthy 10-23-2013 05:30 PM

Hi, just browsing through the forum. For some reason I don't actually watch the show, but I like to see the weigh-in at the end. I hate to see when people are pushed so hard that they fall off the machines, and then get screamed at for it. I also think the challenges are over the top. Maybe this is why I am so overweight.....

Ilene 10-23-2013 07:46 PM

Darn I missed last nights, the DVR didn't record for some reason :(

Goddess Jessica 10-24-2013 01:25 PM

Ilene - You can watch the full episodes online if you want to. It wasn't a spectacular episode.

nray111 10-28-2013 01:05 PM

It is so strange that for some reason when I watch the show I always get the munchies! lol..I try to have a protein snack handy!

maryshady 10-31-2013 08:05 AM

I have always watched the show and used to complain about it being too long. Now I don't like that it is only 1 hour. I feel we miss so much about the people and the relationships in the house.

Ilene 10-31-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryshady (Post 4873702)
I have always watched the show and used to complain about it being too long. Now I don't like that it is only 1 hour. I feel we miss so much about the people and the relationships in the house.

I know!! I thought the same at the end of this week's episode :lol: ... We're never happy are we :lol:

maryshady 11-06-2013 08:09 AM

Why are they not showing the after pics of the eliminated players. that is so inspiring to me. Really hate this new format

Ilene 11-06-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryshady (Post 4877986)
Why are they not showing the after pics of the eliminated players. that is so inspiring to me. Really hate this new format

I THINK I showed it last time at the start of the next episode, I hope so, I would miss that part of the show...

I was sooooo sad to see Reuben leave :( I hope he`s learned enough to continue onto his goal at home...

PUPMOM5 11-06-2013 05:01 PM

I felt bad to see Reuben go - I felt like he would have been awesome to watch.

I wondered if anybody thought they edited thing funny while Jillian's team was waiting. It's like they have a compilation of her looking angry and disgusted and they kept showing it (I felt like) while her team was weighing in, when they all did pretty good!

helen22 11-07-2013 03:32 PM

Such a pity ruben was sent home! I thought he would win....
I hate the red line! I want the yellow line back....

Ilene 11-07-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by helen22 (Post 4879015)
Such a pity ruben was sent home! I thought he would win....
I hate the red line! I want the yellow line back....

Yes, yes, and yes re: teh yellow line... Red line is so last minute and BAM they're gone :(

mariposssa 11-07-2013 04:42 PM

I was sad to see Rueben go, also. But, I don't hate the red line and I will tell you why. I don't miss the alliances and the voting and the constant saving of people who should have gone home. (Like that mean girl Conda from a couple seasons back.) It stopped being inspirational when it wasn't about the biggest loser; it was Survivor with more gym time and even more drama. I prefer the scale deciding instead of a vote, even if it means a favorite goes home or someone who really needs to be there.

Ilene 11-07-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariposssa (Post 4879040)
I was sad to see Rueben go, also. But, I don't hate the red line and I will tell you why. I don't miss the alliances and the voting and the constant saving of people who should have gone home. (Like that mean girl Conda from a couple seasons back.) It stopped being inspirational when it wasn't about the biggest loser; it was Survivor with more gym time and even more drama. I prefer the scale deciding instead of a vote, even if it means a favorite goes home or someone who really needs to be there.

Good points... I'll look at it that way from now on... I'd forgotten about Conda, disliked her a whole lot, she was a mean, bully girl...

nray111 11-08-2013 10:00 AM

Totally agree..I hated when they had to vote someone off. Sad about Ruben but excited to see where he is now in the next episode!!

Goddess Jessica 11-10-2013 06:56 PM

Yep, I hated the voting too. This is so much better.

I was glad to see Ruben go. I felt like he wasn't trying at all. Apparently he's lost 104 pounds now though so that's good.

Did anybody else think the Bob and Holly thing was SO WEIRD this episode? I really loved seeing the weightlifters but I think if I had been part of his team, I would have been like, "Wow. Really? Do you guys need some time alone? I don't mean to get in the way here."

mariposssa 11-13-2013 12:20 AM

The Bob & Holly thing...well, trainers do seem to play favorites sometimes; but yeah a little weird. Not nearly as weird as the Jillian scandal tonight, though. I haven't watched every season; but all but a couple. I don't ever remember a trainer being called out, caught giving pills, penalized or anything like that. Can't recall any player being brought back over a rules violation. That was definitely interesting. Caffeine pills?! oO

mariposssa 11-13-2013 12:55 AM

Link to an NBC new article about the event. Lots of *SPOILERS* about the episode that just aired tonight if you haven't watched it yet.

http://t.nbcnews.com/entertainment/b...rns-2D11582675

Ilene 11-13-2013 05:56 AM

That was a shocker! Makes you wonder if she's done it, secretly, on previous seasons... I bet she was pissssssed when she was ousted on national TV :lol: ... It was a good episode though... (I wonder if those caffeine pills work :devil: )

Next week the first 5 minutes of the show we should see the eliminated player's progress :carrot:

hiddenstar 11-13-2013 06:17 AM

Ruben is a popular favorite. I wonder if they came up with the punishment just to bring Ruben back.

Ilene 11-13-2013 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiddenstar (Post 4882328)
Ruben is a popular favorite. I wonder if they came up with the punishment just to bring Ruben back.

OMG i never thought of that... they probably paid Jillian extra $$ to suck it up and take the blame... HA! hilarious :lol:

nray111 11-13-2013 09:39 AM

Wow..I'm glad Jillian stuck to her guns however as mentioned previously she should have cleared it with the doctors..I wonder how they even knew.

PUPMOM5 11-13-2013 06:02 PM

Hiddenstar, that was the FIRST thing I thought. Jillian didn't seem sufficiently pissed and it was all very bizarre.

mariposssa 11-13-2013 11:10 PM

Well, I don't think any of them seemed surprised, not Jillian and not the white team. Since the true weigh-in happens before filming I think they must have told Jillian and/or her team off camera, earlier in the day or just edited it out. I hate to go all tin hat theory...but it does seem odd and maybe even fishy. Maybe it was a plot to get a poplular contestant back, IDK.

Brandibooxoxo 11-15-2013 04:06 AM

Just watched this episode, and I really think this was just to get ruben back. It's said because Craig has tried so hard. I'm really pulling for him to do good things.