The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 04-25-2012, 05:25 PM   #571  

Height: 5'5"

I admit it...i like Kim. She's a beast and she's worked REALLY hard...you can't deny her that. Jeremy totally SLACKED for the first few weeks...as did Conda. I want Kim to win because you KNOW that Jeremy and Conda probably have some sort of agreement to split the winnings if either of them are the Biggest Loser. Of course, if that were the case and Conda were to win, you know Jeremy wouldn't get a DIME of her money! hahaha!

I'll tell you what is bothering me about this show...the whole "alliance" thing. Where a group of people agree never to vote for each other. Remember a couple of Seasons back the girl called Elizabeth (on the yellow team), she did NOTHING all season long but she made it to the finals because Frado and some guy from Boston all had a pact never to vote for her...she was TERRIBLE and wasn't even REMOTELY close to deserving to be there. They need to figure out a way to put a stop to that crap because that game playing is where they are going to lose viewers...i think people are getting tired of it.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:49 PM   #572  

Height: 5'5

I don't know how you people remember these past season's. I must just live in the moment because I can't even remember who won in december
Old 04-25-2012, 07:10 PM   #573  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Ugh, I remember Elizabeth. Actually that season with Frado was my second least favorite after this one (but it had Ada, who I loved so I think that helped. ).

It just gets me, I mean how can they have some absolutely AMAZING seasons like the one with Courtney (where I didn't even like Olivia and Hannah that much at the beginning but was cheering them on in the end) and last season was pretty good too even though John was a bit nuts.

This season just really lost all the motivational factor for me. I think if Kim wouldn't have been a bully I would've liked her. I did like her initially but I just can't look past what she did with Conda an alienated the other players.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:17 PM   #574  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

I still believe that in one year, both Conda and Jeremy will be fatter and sicker than ever before. Neither one ever "got it", and they'll waste the entire opportunity they had.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:38 PM   #575  

S/C/G: size 20/14/10

Height: 5' 7"

Grrrr!!
Old 04-26-2012, 09:23 AM   #576  

The saving grace about Jeremy winning his way back is that now he and Conda HAVE to compete against each other and you don't have one going after the grand prize and the other the $100K at home prize. Also, if Kim does manage to win it is going to be very satisfying to see them both wiped out at once.

Ilene, thank you, I've been trying to figure out why I keep watching but this season is like a train wreck, I too don't want to watch but keep checking in to see "now what".
Old 04-26-2012, 10:34 AM   #577  

This season sucks Yet I still watch.
The only hope I have left for the finale is that someone good will win the at home prize because all the ones I don't like are in the finale. Yes, Kim has worked hard and probably deserves the prize, but she was in on the early bullying and is the reason some of those contestants I really liked went home and that still irks me about her. I think it was only when she felt like she was on the other side that she wised up. Too late in my mind.
No need to justify why I don't like C & J.
I was hoping Mike would win the challenge. He was the first victim and was unfairly judged and voted off.
It is a game and I realize that, but the game was so darn hurtful and negative this season.
I wish BL would have an after the season show like the bachelor does. It would be great to get some of the inside scoop and put people like Conda int he hot seat after the show has all aired, to see what they have to say.
I usually don't remember past season contestant names either, but I will probably never ever forget the name Conda. And that is not in any way a good thing.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:17 AM   #578  

Height: 5'9''

I am in the middle of ep 16, so I haven't read your comments.

I just had to say, I just knew Conda and Jeremy were gonna stay. Well of course they'll stay! I just am not sure how they got Mark and Buddy to leave. And I am so dissapointed with Buddy.

The worst season ever, officialy. I just hope that they don't make Dolvett leave after this one.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:08 PM   #579  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
I wish BL would have an after the season show like the bachelor does. It would be great to get some of the inside scoop and put people like Conda int he hot seat after the show has all aired, to see what they have to say.
I've often thought of that too completely agree...
Old 04-26-2012, 05:18 PM   #580  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Ugh! It's all I can think of to say. Hate this season and the final three. Do hope Kim wins just so Conda or Jeremy won't. I think they did away with the marathon because Jeremy would have never been able to complete it. I am really beginning to think the show is fixed.

Did anyone else notice that when Chris got voted off and they showed her after photo she was down to 155 but that night she weighed in at 166? IF they knew she wasn't medically cleared for the challenge why wasn't someone else given that spot. Sickening what this show has become.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:27 PM   #581  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshady View Post

Did anyone else notice that when Chris got voted off and they showed her after photo she was down to 155 but that night she weighed in at 166? IF they knew she wasn't medically cleared for the challenge why wasn't someone else given that spot. Sickening what this show has become.
Did not notice the weight difference and your so right about replacing her if they knew she wasn't able to compete... I wonder what her problem is?

Last edited by Ilene; 04-26-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:37 PM   #582  
focused and aiming

I think it's rigged for Conda and Jeremy, too. My husband told me once that producers don't care if you cheer or boo as long as you watch.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:15 AM   #583  

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshady View Post
I read somewhere that after the program where she got voted off aired she put on her facebook page that she never weighed 155, but that the producers made her say she did. She didn't want people to be disappointed when the final came.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:29 AM   #584  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Bette-that is unbelievable. Instead of being proud of all she accomplished. She looks great! They make her lie and then diminish what little sense of self accomplish this woman has. So sick of this new production team. Certainly hope they are replaced again for next season or I won't be watching.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:40 AM   #585  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette k View Post
I read somewhere that after the program where she got voted off aired she put on her facebook page that she never weighed 155, but that the producers made her say she did. She didn't want people to be disappointed when the final came.
really!? Unbelievable!!