The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 02-11-2012, 12:19 AM   #196  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontarget View Post
I am wondering if she's trying to look like Mrs. Claus.
I thought that myself after I hit the send button.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:20 AM   #197  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candeka View Post
I have a few red heads in my family (including myself, but I'm only 22 so no greys yet)... but all of the redheads seem to go white. Not grey. Straight up white. If that happens to me, I will use it to my advantage and be the grandma with the brightest purple hair on the block since I won't need to bleach it lol!
Yes that is what my red hair is doing. Turning completely white. I just call it going grey even though they look silvery white.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:28 AM   #198  
Starting over...again!

S/C/G: 298.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Now that I've finally caught up on all of the episodes I missed (thank you NBC online!), I don't think Adrian did have a fair shot on the Red Team. He was thrust in there in the middle of everything, which does tend to shake things up a bit. The Red Team women didn't give him the warmest welcome. But in their defense, he didn't do anything to warrant a warm welcome. He was standoffish and snippy. His personality and Conda's just clashed from the beginning. I wasn't surprised in the least to see him voted off.

Conda...it's weird but I don't completely hate her. She's rude and blunt sometimes, but I prefer straight honesty to sugar coating everything. There are times where I find her bluntness refreshing. She's not worried about hurting people's feelings. She'll say what she feels. Now she doesn't always do that in the best way and it gets her in trouble sometimes. Like the time when Dolvett kicked her out of the gym....she deserved that. (And on a side note, he is WAY HOT!!!!! He can come train me anytime!!!!) I am hoping to see Conda learn to properly channel her frustrations and not lash out at people when she's frustrated at something or someone.

I think my favorite contestant so far is Cassandra. She's so nice and seems to be working so hard! I hope she goes all the way to the finals!
Old 02-11-2012, 10:51 AM   #199  
IF for Life

S/C/G: 198/183/147

Height: 5'8"

"Conda...it's weird but I don't completely hate her. She's rude and blunt sometimes, but I prefer straight honesty to sugar coating everything. There are times where I find her bluntness refreshing. She's not worried about hurting people's feelings. She'll say what she feels."

It's only refreshing when you extend the same courtesy to others. Otherwise it's just rude and hypocritical. She always complains about being insulted and "disrespected" so she clearly doesn't want anyone else to express their opinions. Adrian was told to "talk less." I don't think he handled things well, but he didn't have a chance. I don't find Conda refreshing, she appears to be quite immature (at least in TV land).

As the old saying goes "if you can't take it, don't dish it out."

We'll see who her next victim is, she always seems to need to need to bring someone down.

I don't hate her, either, all the bickering is just ruining the show for me. Don't know what the producers are doing. Unless I can find someone to cheer for soon, I'm done. I do like Cassandra best so far.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:39 AM   #200  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I like Mrs. Claus' hair. I really like white white. Now my hair as it grays will be nasty faded sliver. Sigh. I would love my hair to go white instead of grey.

I actually think white white on women who are too young to be that grey makes them look ...I dunno if younger is the right word. Elegant. And when they have the young face with the white hair it becomes impossible to place their age at all. Are they young with white hair or old with a young face. Plus it goes with her skin tone. You have to be careful with blonde, sometimes it clashes.

Last edited by ennay; 02-11-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Old 02-11-2012, 03:28 PM   #201  
Starting over...again!

S/C/G: 298.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

I agree, Ennay. I like her hair too. She's a very pretty lady and she seems genuinely sweet too.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:04 PM   #202  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

I'm glad to see a fellow 40-something yr old wearing her gray hair on tv.
I prefer to call mine 'platinum' though instead of gray

Last edited by ddc; 02-12-2012 at 10:05 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:47 AM   #203  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddc View Post
I'm glad to see a fellow 40-something yr old wearing her gray hair on tv.
I prefer to call mine 'platinum' though instead of gray
I am «platnum» too (I like that term) ... I sure to hope that they don't die it, if and when, she makes it to makeover week...
Old 02-13-2012, 11:57 AM   #204  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene View Post
I am «platnum» too (I like that term) ... I sure to hope that they don't die it, if and when, she makes it to makeover week...
My dad used to use a product to make white hair whiter and more radiant. I would go for that for her. It removed traces of grey and yellowing and just left shiny white.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:29 AM   #205  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennay View Post
My dad used to use a product to make white hair whiter and more radiant. I would go for that for her. It removed traces of grey and yellowing and just left shiny white.
Oh that must be so nice! I wish mine were whiter, I love white hair on a young-ish woman, my GF has pure white hair, she looks amazing...
Old 02-15-2012, 09:30 AM   #206  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

So, I was thinking they should have sent Kimmie home. I think she's the smallest on the red team now.
I didn't notice that Santa seemed that 'disconnected' from the group. I know we don't get the whole picture though.
Previews from next week looks like more Conda/Daphne drama.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:56 AM   #207  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

The previews make it look like they all throw the weigh-in to send Daphne home. But we all know previews can be deceiving...

Bunch of game players this season for sure.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:11 AM   #208  

Height: 5'5

can't believe they didn't send conda home after they gave her a 2 pound advantage and she still lost it for them.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:57 AM   #209  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

I love Dolvett and love it when his team wins but I was so happy that Conda lost that weigh in. Even after her emotional breakdown, I still do NOT like her. I hope she goes soon!
Old 02-15-2012, 05:35 PM   #210  

Last nights program did not change my opinion of Conda. Still don't like her. I think Roy had a pretty good loss. I'm disliking Mark more and more each week. He is always complaining about how much this one and that one lost. His numbers are not that great. I thought they would boot Kimmy too. Previews for next week.......I was totally confused. I didn't even rewind it. I'm really getting tired of the drama this season.

At the WI, i was thinking the black team was purposely throwing it, to get rid of Daphne, but when they won, I changed my mind. But, if they throw it next week, to vote her out, I'm done. I watched to get inspiration and motivation. I am not getting any of that this season. It's turned into a circus.