3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing-184/)
-   -   MTV's I Used to be Fat? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing/244818-mtvs-i-used-fat.html)

Jamie1985 10-10-2011 12:37 AM

MTV's I Used to be Fat?

So I love the biggest loser (go red team!) but I was just wondering if anyone here has tuned in to this MTV show the premiered last year called "I Used to be Fat"? Has anyone else watched this? What do you think?

bee optimistic 10-10-2011 01:25 AM

I think that they both have the same allure. It's inspiring to see people attempt, struggle, and succeed and meet their own personal goals. However, with that being said I always have to watch these shows and take them with a 'grain of salt' if you know what I mean. They lose copious amounts of weight in a short period of time and often I wonder how healthy this really is. Nevertheless, I don't watch the shows to get 'weight loss tips' I watch them because they are inspiring. I think you'll love this show, doesn't it premiere this coming week? Enjoy!

quince 10-10-2011 04:19 AM

I too watch I Used to be Fat for motivation, but losing so much weight in so little time worries me and I'm pretty sure it is not doing what it should be doing for both health and learning how to eat properly and exercise (meaning there is nothing you can learn if you eat so little and exercise 4 hours a day or more, it just makes you struggle for awhile and give up after a few months). I just don't believe anything good comes from such demanding regime.
But I am so happy when I see teenagers feel the power of success and usually cry a bit watching. ;)
I live in Europe, so I don't get to see The Biggest Loser but I'm pretty sure it would be interesting to watch and I would have the same issue with it as i do with I Used to be Fat.

nevaeh1984 10-10-2011 05:23 AM

Quince: many EU cpuntries have national versions of the biggest loser!

I'm also from Europe but now I live in Asia, you can download the previous seasons of the US show (and probably other shows)! Also some network websites upload episodes or highlights of the show.

melodymist 10-10-2011 06:39 AM

I've seen both shows. Yes the people lose alot of weight in a short period of time BUT I believe that if they have truely "changed" inside and know the real reasons why they gained weight in the first place, the have the tools to keep the weight of by eating right and excercising. I LOVE watching the shows! They also usually show when it's dinner time haha

quince 10-10-2011 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nevaeh1984 (Post 4064983)
Quince: many EU cpuntries have national versions of the biggest loser!

I'm also from Europe but now I live in Asia, you can download the previous seasons of the US show (and probably other shows)! Also some network websites upload episodes or highlights of the show.

:)
my country doesn't (i can see myself in a leading role :lol:), but i could try downloading it just to se one entire episode, i just saw a few highlights on YT. tnx!

Jamie1985 10-10-2011 06:38 PM

Yea I also find it troubling that they workout so many hours a day and lose like 30 lbs in a week. It seems very jarring for the body.
Also, don't alot of the people gain some of the weight back over these shows? I guess if they didn't learn how to take care of theirself and eat properly then they lose it all? I suppose that it is very dangerous to have all this stuff handed to you like trainers and foods and then have it taken away cold turkey.

melodymist 10-11-2011 02:44 AM

I get what you're saying Jamie :) Working out 4 hours a day is not possible in a "9-5" world.

Yesterday that episode aired of the boy that wrestled when he was younger and when he fell in love he gained weight. His journey was really one of the hardest I have ever seen on the show. Losing, then gaining, losing again then gaining again. Oh and his girlfriens leaving him. I missed the last part of the show so I don't know how it ended hehe.

noelle8310 10-16-2011 09:34 PM

The newest episode really concerned me. The kid lost 117 lbs in 110 days... He looks great, but it seems so dangerous.