The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 12-15-2011, 10:53 AM   #286  
I believe in myself

S/C/G: 257/200/160

Height: 5'8

My favs that I was hoping one would win was Ramone, Antone, and Vinny. Didn't like John from the get go and was really annoyed that he gave all props to Bob when Dolvett helped him out in the second half. I got to the point where I liked Anna, but she's not coming back, read somewhere she didn't get along with some staff and contestants, I think her bluntness is just different from what people are use to. And truthfully, Ive not missed Jillian. I too would be crushing on Bob if I was at the ranch, course with Dolvett there now would so crush on him too. lol. I hope everyone keeps the weight off and plays it forward to their family members who need to get healthy too. Like Vinny's brother and John's wife. Ramone's dad had lost 70 something pounds already, so that was cool. I'm going to go look for the newest workout dvds, I'm a workout dvd junky. lol. I do like variety though. Can't wait for the new challenge to start here.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:57 PM   #287  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I wasn't really a John fan but what a nice sincere "shout out" he gave his wife at the finale!
Old 12-16-2011, 09:08 PM   #288  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

I agree with everyone here. I was disgusted that Dolvette did not get credit where it was due. I was thrilled to see him on the next season. So glad he is sticking around. That man is yummy. And the best replacement to Jillian thus far, and she is a tough act to follow. Looks like it is just going to be Bob and Dolvette doing the training though, unless they didn't want to reveal a new trainer.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:40 AM   #289  
focused and aiming

I was upset that John didn't credit Dolvett, too, but was happy to see the two of them talking while the confetti was settling. Hopefully, John apologized. Maybe it was too late. I don't know.

I even felt sorry for Anna during the show even though I wasn't a fan of her being a trainer.

Now--are all of you as excited as I am that the new season will be here Jan. 3?

Last edited by ontarget; 12-17-2011 at 11:41 AM.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:59 AM   #290  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontarget View Post

I'm not excited but I am looking forward to seeing the new season.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:55 AM   #291  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Quote:
I was upset that John didn't credit Dolvett, too, but was happy to see the two of them talking while the confetti was settling. Hopefully, John apologized. Maybe it was too late. I don't know.

I even felt sorry for Anna during the show even though I wasn't a fan of her being a trainer.

I am!!! By far my fav show on TV
Old 12-18-2011, 10:08 AM   #292  
focused and aiming

It's my favorite, too. Those folks inspire me to do better.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:46 PM   #293  

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:

I'm excited! I love the show! I wonder who'll replace Anna?
Old 12-18-2011, 10:57 PM   #294  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethC View Post
I'm excited! I love the show! I wonder who'll replace Anna?
I hope no one. I'd like to see just Bob and Dolvett next season. I think they could be a great combo. Also: a replacement Anna would take screen time away from Bob and Dolvett, and I'd rather look at them than any female "trainer".
Old 12-18-2011, 11:35 PM   #295  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'1"

Based on the previews, it's only Bob and Dolvette.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:24 AM   #296  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutt View Post
I'd rather look at them than any female "trainer".
I agree. They are both delicious.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:30 AM   #297  
On the slow track.

S/C/G: 210/ticker/160

Height: 5'9

I agree--although I did *not* enjoy Bob's long hair this season. It was very seedy!

It would be nice to have a female trainer though. Rockin' female bodies are a source of inspiration.

(I've just watched the entire season 12 this weekend and now read the entire thread. Phew!)
Old 12-19-2011, 08:45 AM   #298  
Ilene the Bean

I didn't even notice Bob's long hair, I guess I was looking elsewhere ...

I think there should be a female trainer, someone as intense as Jilian was though, I loved Anna and was actually surprised that her team would lose weight, but I didn't find her «mean/intense» enough, she was just too nice ... For the upcoming season looks like it's going to be Bob and Dolvette only, as per the previews anyway...

I am also happy that the new season starts so soon ....
Old 12-19-2011, 10:42 AM   #299  

S/C/G: 231.0/193.6/185.9

Height: 5'5

Cannot wait for 1/3!!!!! Am rewatching all the finales on Netflix, LOL
Old 12-20-2011, 08:13 PM   #300  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

I can't wait for the next season either!

John completely ruined it for me when he didn't acknowledge Dolvett. It really came off as a snub considering that Dolvett was with him at the end, no way could have have just forgotten. I honestly feel for his wife. I can't imagine what she's been through and I hope to God that prize money is going to help her life be a bit easier. I'm worried that John got a bit too comfy in her being his personal maid/nanny and won't want to get back into life after the show (especially with all the forewarnings of him gaining back the weight). I hope she gets a chance for time to herself.

I'm fine with Jennifer winning the at-home prize. Clearly she put in some mad work at home, good for her! The crush on Bob thing, well, I'm sure she's got to know he's gay? Maybe it's a joke between them? And haven't we all fallen for the wrong person at one point of time. I'm sorry that they had to announce that all over TV for her.

Wow to Becky and Sunny! BTW, Becky definitely didn't gain any weight, she was something like 150 at the finale and was 160's or 170's at her previous weigh-in. She's already at a healthy BMI so she might even be at goal already. I did wonder about Jessica too but I think it's entirely possible she hit a plateau. I don't think she looked into bigger, mostly just the same. She might have really been helping Ramone prep for the finale too so she wasn't as concentrated on her own efforts.

I'm looking forward to next season. I'm really hoping, though, that it's a bit more of an even playing field and we won't see Bob's team constantly winning.