The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 12-14-2011, 11:25 AM   #271  

S/C/G: 231.0/193.6/185.9

Height: 5'5

Well, props to John and Jennifer, but I can't think of two people for whom I was rooting less.

I felt kind of bad for noting how dumpy John's wife looked.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:26 AM   #272  

I really, really wanted Antone to win. John looked emaciated and I don't think he'll keep it off at all.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:57 PM   #273  

In one of the last chance work-outs, Bob said that John would be the one to gain all the weight back. I was rooting for Antone. He (and Ramone) look really good.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:02 PM   #274  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'1"

Dolvette voiced the same concern during his home visit since John hadn't tried to acclamate into his new life. He was so focused on "we have a finale to get ready for", Dolvette had some concerns about how he would do when he didn't have the challenge of the game anymore.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:47 PM   #275  
Paso a paso

S/C/G: 264/Ticker/160

Height: 1.65

I'm happy and dissapointed at the same time. I wanted one of Dolvett trainees to win. I don't really liked Bob wining almost every single weigh in, is so not real for me, i could not be possible. But i didn't like john, nor Antone either.

John looked crapy, his face looked like someone who is sick ... yuck, not healthy at all.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:32 PM   #276  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I'm just going to get all the cattiness out in one shot here.

First off on the eliminated players. Way to totally eliminate suspense by saying that Sunny and Patrick were <1% apart but one of them wasnt top 3. Well, then I guess the other one was probably gonna be #3, now because what would be the odds that #1-#4 were all <1% apart?

On John

a) If John is going to keep the beard, shave the neck!!!! He looks like a hobo.

b) what a donkey rear for giving all the props to Bob and basically ignoring Dolvett.

c) His wife looks to me like she actually GAINED weight since the last time. They totally put all the focus on John and winning which means she wasnt just single momming it while he was at the ranch, she was single momming for the whole 7 months with a whiny needy 40 year old baby the last 3. She probably laid out his workout clothes for him each morning and weighed his food for him.

Antone looked really good, he didnt have anything left to lose.

I'm kind of happy Jennifer won. Despite the creepy bob stalkery thing, she got eliminated pretty early and was injured and got it done. She might be crazy, but you have to respect that. I thought Vinny had it though. He looks good, hopefully his fiancee will get on board.

I thought Betty looked good.

And Patrick - holy **** hot. Which makes me realize that if I were single I would totally have a problem since I am drooling over men in their 20's. Bad ennay. OK, I'd better go drool over Dolvett he is more age appropriate.

Last edited by ennay; 12-14-2011 at 02:33 PM.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:46 PM   #277  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I was super bummed that Vinny didn't win the at-home prize. Also totes agree ^^^, Patrick looked hot!
I guess I'm in the minority here, I wanted John to win. I wanted anyone *but* Jennifer to win the at-home prize. Her obsession with Bob was weird and kinda creepy...how embarrassing for her to have all of that replayed at the finale. :/

Last edited by MusicalAstronaut; 12-14-2011 at 02:49 PM.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:41 PM   #278  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Oh, and Jessica didnt lose any weight between the marathon and the finale. That's not a good sign especially since she and Ramon were supposedly working out together.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:51 PM   #279  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennay View Post
Oh, and Jessica didnt lose any weight between the marathon and the finale. That's not a good sign especially since she and Ramon were supposedly working out together.
I noticed that too!!!

All in all I hope they are not the 90% who gain the weight back *sigh* ....
Old 12-14-2011, 04:11 PM   #280  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

When John went home I got the feeling his family and him needed the money, then hearing him talk at the finale just confirmed it. I wonder if they check if people gain weight purposefully to just get on the show? I think he will gain some of the weight back since losing weight/being healthy didn't seem like his main motive, but I hope the money helps his family out.

The funny thing with Jennifer having a crush on Bob is, I believe, Bob is actually gay, so I imagine how awkward it must of been for him lol
Old 12-14-2011, 07:14 PM   #281  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringmaster View Post

The funny thing with Jennifer having a crush on Bob is, I believe, Bob is actually gay, so I imagine how awkward it must of been for him lol
Probably less awkward than if he were straight.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:07 AM   #282  
Country Girl Fresh

S/C/G: 325/313/195

Height: 5'4

I loved the finale. It was awesome. Jessica looks great. Maybe she was stuck and couldn't loose that much more. she is human so she prob hit a platue like the rest of us do.

I wanted Ramon or Antone to win but John won... I don't like how John gave all credit to bob and none to dolvett. I think Bob is gay also... I think it was funny how bob and jen acted gave the show something funny to watch. Real people are crazy...

I want vinny to win the at home prize and OMG I totally agree Patrick was yummy at the finale. John gf does need to lose weight. Vinny GF could loose some weight but she don't look fat to me...

Omg preview for BL 13 show that it gonna be crazy with santa... I am happy that the new season start on jan 5 so I dont have to wait to long for another season. I try to try out for BL14 but wouldn't let me yet. LOL
Old 12-15-2011, 01:24 AM   #283  

Height: 5'3

Default finale

What a disappointing season. I didn't like John or Jennifer. John I felt was a jerk and was completely insincere. When he cried and said, "I'm here because I took your spot" it was all I could do not to roll my eyes in disgust. That was a few months ago.

I also believe Bob is gay but I believe Jennifer's infatuation is real. I couldn't watch that entire section of the finale. Humiliating.

The contestants weren't as skinny as last season. I guess last season was longer?

Good riddance to this season. Here's hoping next year will be better.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:43 AM   #284  
loves to lurk

S/C/G: 209/206/150

Height: 5'9"

Default John's wife

I am not at ALL surprised that John's wife hasn't lost weight -- how could she possibly do so while waiting hand and foot on John PLUS caring for two young boys, one with autism?? She has nothing left for herself! I hope the prize money helps HER get a break.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:32 AM   #285  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicalAstronaut View Post
I was super bummed that Vinny didn't win the at-home prize. Also totes agree ^^^, Patrick looked hot!
I guess I'm in the minority here, I wanted John to win. I wanted anyone *but* Jennifer to win the at-home prize. Her obsession with Bob was weird and kinda creepy...how embarrassing for her to have all of that replayed at the finale. :/
Your not the only one. I wanted him to win too. I felt he deserved it the most. He put all of his heart and soul into. After seeing that his son has autism I really think John is somewhere on that autism spectrum, probably a little aspergers. That would explain his real lack of relationship on the show. Some of you are upset with him for having his wife do everything but let me tell you if I knew my dh had a chance a winning $250K I would do anything to help him out for a few months. I think most of us would.

I hated the new format of the show. I thought is was awkward and weird and I liked seeing each person weigh in with some suspense. I felt it was really lacking in the suspense arena. I was not really overwhelmed with too many of the transformations. I guess because they are so big when they start now most don't look real in shape by the 6/7 month mark.

I though Joe did a great job. He looked really fit.