The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 11-30-2011, 10:14 AM   #211  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

I think the beard suits John.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:04 AM   #212  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'1"

I thought they all looked great, but Becky looke a-ma-zing! That hair cut looks great on her!

I was a little underwhelmed with Vinny's fiance's reaction compared to the others, but maybe she just isn't a very demonstrative person.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:21 AM   #213  
Ilene the Bean

Yea, I didn't like John's beard either, on a younger guy maybe, but not him or at his age, he just looked scuffy...

I was also surprised at Vinny's girlfriend's reaction... I thought, that maybe she thought : '' Oh, oh, he looks better/smaller than me... ''

Also, John may have a difficult time stayiing on track at home, it seemed to me that his wife doesn't look like the motivating type... Just sayin'...

I also agree that Becky looked gorgeous!!! Loved that short hair on her!
Old 11-30-2011, 11:26 AM   #214  
focused and aiming

Now I need a makeover.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:50 AM   #215  

Height: 5'5

I fast forwarded through most of the episode. I got really annoyed at the commentary going on during the challenge. I saw my opportunity and took it? dude. You are walking up a hill
Old 11-30-2011, 03:35 PM   #216  
Country Girl Fresh

S/C/G: 325/313/195

Height: 5'4

Just watched the thanksgiving special and this wk episode and I have to say it was a good one.

Becky looked amazing! The hair really does look good on her. I love makeover week. I can't wait till next week episode then the bitter sweet finale.. I cant wait to see who win BL12
Old 11-30-2011, 06:11 PM   #217  

S/C/G: 243/225/145

Height: 5ft4inches

Im not a big fan of johns but he gained some points with me when he greeted his wife Jill!love wins ! Im not worried about Sonny going home as she is a powerful chick and she also has someone who loves her.Actually all of them have lovely families!I am sappy I guess!But I agree with Enney about the beard!
Old 12-01-2011, 07:39 AM   #218  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Wonder if Sonny did it on purpose. Notice how Bob stated "your reaction isn't what it should be" she may have wanted to go home for the at-home prize. I think she has a heck of a chance of winning it. she def has to be one of the highest percentages there besides John and he still has a lot of weight to lose where she may only have about another 30 lbs to drop.

I thought the makeovers where underwhelming except for Becky's. The dress they had Sonny in was not flattering but I did like her hair.

Native Women-I agree. He just seems so in love with his wife. Very different side of him then we are used to seeing. I want him to win as I feel he is the only one who really pushes himself. They others (besides Sonny) always seem to be ok being 2nd, 3rd, etc.

I think Vinny is going to have the hardest time when he goes home and the show is over. But hopefully I am wrong.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:35 AM   #219  
Cardio / Calorie Counting

S/C/G: 172/164.7/122

Height: 5'2"

chiming in.....

I couldn't connect with John from the beginning (I think the show made it that way), but that man wants it badly and proved himself week after week after week. He seems so much more focused and determined than the others. So, I really think he deserves to win. I was sad to see Ramon go, his smiling face and positivity were just as inspiring.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:43 AM   #220  
focused and aiming

I agree that John is very focused. He has a good chance to win. I am hoping Bob's comment about John's regaining is incorrect.

As to the Thanksgiving Special--I wish they had brought back more former contestants. Seems they keep bringing back the same ones. I hope I'm wrong.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:47 AM   #221  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontarget View Post

As to the Thanksgiving Special--I wish they had brought back more former contestants. Seems they keep bringing back the same ones. I hope I'm wrong.
IMHO I think they bring back only the ones that have remained successful in their maintenance, so that it makes BL look good and not like 90% of their contestants regain the weight, like the rest of the population... Just sayin' ...
Old 12-01-2011, 09:53 AM   #222  
focused and aiming

Ilene, you're probably right.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:05 AM   #223  

Height: 5'5

90% would be about average for any diet plan isn't it?
Old 12-01-2011, 10:46 AM   #224  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Yeah they dont bring back the regainers or ones who have spoken out about what really happens at TBL or ones who werent fan favs.

I'd like to know how the girl from a couple of seasons ago is doing--lost her name, she was Hmong or Chinese I think with the domineering family. I would like to see her succeed but unless she has managed to separate from her family a bit I dont have a good feeling about that.

The other one I would like to see is Daris, as a runner I want to see what he has done. TBL was pretty unfair to him towards the end so I wouldnt be surprised if they have no intention of bringing him back.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:32 AM   #225  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennay View Post
Yeah they dont bring back the regainers or ones who have spoken out about what really happens at TBL or ones who werent fan favs.

I'd like to know how the girl from a couple of seasons ago is doing--lost her name, she was Hmong or Chinese I think with the domineering family. I would like to see her succeed but unless she has managed to separate from her family a bit I dont have a good feeling about that.

The other one I would like to see is Daris, as a runner I want to see what he has done. TBL was pretty unfair to him towards the end so I wouldnt be surprised if they have no intention of bringing him back.

Ada? I adored watching her on the show. I remember that family dynamic when she went home. I thought there was so much work for her still to do in her family and her home to be successful. I really hope she's doing well.

This has me thinking about some of the other former contestants that I'd like to see now. I'll have try and find them on FB or twitter. Daris is definitely someone I'd like an update on.....along with Shay, Ashley the pink ninja, Mike & Ron and the younger son who wasn't on the show, Rudy...