The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 11-24-2011, 08:03 AM   #196  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I wasn't so much shocked by what Bob said...

I get the impression he has a snippy side...

but I am shocked that BL didn't edit that part out...

Very uncalled for!
Old 11-24-2011, 09:38 AM   #197  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyalpn View Post

Sunny had earned the right to stay and would have if she didn't have the disadvantage.
Sunny does deserve it...

I hope Antone wins !
Old 11-24-2011, 09:40 AM   #198  
Ilene the Bean

Did anyone watch the BL Thanksgiving special last... I really enjoyed seeing the lighter side of BL and the oldies coming back ...

When they did a day in Bob's life they should have included when he workouts... When does he have time to workout? With a crazy life like that...
Old 11-24-2011, 11:05 AM   #199  
focused and aiming

I am wondering that about Bob, too. Also, does he work 7 days a week when folks are at the BL Ranch?

As to seeing folks from past seasons--I loved it and left wanting more. Maybe they will have more of them at the finale.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:00 PM   #200  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I remember reading an interview with Jillian once that said she gained about 10 lbs over the course of every TBL season because they spend so much time working. She would work with her own trainer prior to the season to get to about 5 lbs leaner than she likes to run so she would have wiggle room.
Old 11-25-2011, 01:44 AM   #201  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennay View Post
I remember reading an interview with Jillian once that said she gained about 10 lbs over the course of every TBL season because they spend so much time working. She would work with her own trainer prior to the season to get to about 5 lbs leaner than she likes to run so she would have wiggle room.
interesting..On her old radio show from a few years ago Jillian mentioned she had to really work hard to stay at her TV weight the first few seasons since she had an undiagnosed thyroid problem... she said it's much easier to maintain her weight now that it's treated. that's why I loved her on the show, she could really relate to having to work hard to lose and keep the pounds off.
Old 11-25-2011, 03:15 AM   #202  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

just watched the thanksgiving special. was anyone else confused when they were talking about helping Sam? they didn't say what exactly happened. I had to google it and found out he fell off a roof!
Old 11-25-2011, 08:21 AM   #203  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringmaster View Post
just watched the thanksgiving special. was anyone else confused when they were talking about helping Sam? they didn't say what exactly happened. I had to google it and found out he fell off a roof!
Yes, I completely forgot about that! Thanks for the update...
Old 11-25-2011, 08:23 AM   #204  

Height: 5'9''

What strikes me the most about BL is how much prettier and younger-looking people become once they lose that weight!

The thing that Bob said shocked me too....But I am not sure about John either, he seemed to me like he wanted to go home, maybe the pressure is too much.
I am sad that Ramon went home I was cheering for him. Now I am cheering for Vinny, and if he doesn't make it to the final, then I really don't have who to cheer for
But summer seasons are always better, so looking forward to that!
Hope Dolvett stays. But I miss Jillian, I am surprised they haven't brought as a guest star, I expected her to make an appearance...
Old 11-25-2011, 03:07 PM   #205  
focused and aiming

I have been expecting Jillian to make an appearance, too, especially on shows like the Thanksgiving special where they brought back so many from earlier seasons. That said--I felt sort of sorry for Dolvett and Anna during the Thanksgiving Reunion. Again they had to take a back seat to Bob. But I guess that is to be expected. Bob is a phenomenal trainer; plus they didn't have anything to do with the former contestants' losing.

I'm looking forward to the makeover next week. Wish they'd make me over.
Old 11-25-2011, 03:55 PM   #206  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

I figure it'll be a couple of seasons before we see Jillian again, if ever. They probably want a clean break for now, since so many people preferred her over Bob or anyone else...
Old 11-25-2011, 04:37 PM   #207  
focused and aiming

You may be right, Mindi.
Old 11-25-2011, 05:02 PM   #208  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

I would be shocked if Jillian ever wanted to come back to that show. She left very unhappy with the producers from the few times she's spoken about it on her podcast. I'm sure she will remain a persona non grata in the BL world, just like some of the former contestants/winners who didn't "play ball" the way the producers wanted. Notice how you never see Michelle from season 6 in these retrospectives?
Old 11-25-2011, 06:37 PM   #209  

Height: 5'9''

Yes, I also heard that she didn't left on great terms...plus she might be really done with BL, she had (and has) a much bigger carrier than Bob, outside the BL...
I really love watching TBL, it is so motivating, but hearing about how extreme they go (I read in an interview of a past contestant that he dehydrated himself so much he would pee blood) makes me sick to my stomach...I really hope those stories are not true...I just try not to think about that stuff :shudders:
Old 11-30-2011, 08:07 AM   #210  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Really? They left John with that scruffy hobo beard? Not a good look.