The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 11-16-2011, 04:52 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 187/190/145

Height: 5'5

Glad that Bonnie is gone as well. I agree that it seemed like she never tried. How hard is it to pull yourself across a wet slide? I was also glad that she voted for all the teachers first.

I did feel bad for Becky since apparently she is a math teacher but can't do basic division. 3500/7=500 not 250.

Antone is pretty smart getting all but one question correct. Can someone explain the question and answer for the coffee question (there was something about not adding 4 tsp cream and sugar saving x amount of calories)

Sunny is not my favourite but I have to admit that she really was impressive in that water challenge.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:50 PM   #182  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Becky is my favorite so I am glad she is still there.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:13 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

not surprised about Anna leaving... she just seemed sorta dull on the show. I think Cara from last season was even more interesting to watch.
Dolvette is fine and he seems to know how to push people and have the personal talks with them.
I guess it's hard to find a pretty female trainer with a tomboyish side to them for the show.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:26 AM   #184  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'1"

I forgot to mention in my previous post that I was really impressed with how you could actually see how the contestants bodies have changed on this show. Sunny is looking really trim in the waist in that shirt, and the guys too.

Last edited by kyalpn; 11-17-2011 at 04:08 PM.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:18 PM   #185  
Country Girl Fresh

S/C/G: 325/313/195

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringmaster View Post
not surprised about Anna leaving... she just seemed sorta dull on the show. I think Cara from last season was even more interesting to watch.
Dolvette is fine and he seems to know how to push people and have the personal talks with them.
I guess it's hard to find a pretty female trainer with a tomboyish side to them for the show.
Anna leaving the show?

Bob and dolvette are my two fav trainers of this season. Anna original team wasn't loosing much weight till they got to Bob and dolvette. She just aint a good trainer for people over weight. If they bring in another female trainer it should be someone who was obese and knows the struggles that the contestants go through.

I knew bonnie wouldn't last much longer.

My fav on this season is all of the original red team and Becky.

Last edited by Countrybarbie24; 11-17-2011 at 12:24 PM.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:01 PM   #186  
focused and aiming

I agree they are all looking really good. They even have a sparkle in their eyes.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:51 PM   #187  

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyalpn View Post
I think that under Dolvette's "care", Bonnie gained whatever knowledge she needed to feel like she could do this on her own and was ready to get back to her family. That's my take anyway.

I'm happy for her. I think she looked great and so happy in her reveal at the end. I think that her contribution to the show was to remind people to not let fear dictate your life, that you don't have an "expiration date" and to do what you can do.

Could she lose the weight and do the challenges as well as the others? Of course not. But even if she had to walk instead of run, and she lost five pounds instead of ten, it all counted. Bonnie's transformation was mental more than on the scale, and that is so huge.

Not surprised about Anna. I think people were against her out of the gate, and she didn't help herself with her approach. Fine line between being tough and...rude? Lacking in tact? I don't know that malicious intent was involved, she just didn't say things in a way that people accepted them well.
I think that is even a finer line when English is not your native language.

I wonder if they will stick with two male trainers now or look for another female.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:59 PM   #188  

i saw joe in the biggest loser clip on the today show's web site yesterday afternoon. didn't have the time to watch it live yesterday. anyway, he looked FABULOUS! btw, did all of you know that anna will not be back next season? it will be just bob and dolvet {sp?} as the trainers.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:40 AM   #189  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

So glad Dolvette will be the trainer that is staying. Just didn't connect with Anna. Wow how about John last night? I understand that it is a game and Sonny is a big threat. (I think she lost just as much as Ramone and he is so much bigger than her.) But still, he really put a target on his back with that vote. I do believe one was always there but he just made it bigger.

Ramone looked gorgeous. He didn't even look like the same person. So happy for both of them. If anyone can win that marathon to get back on I believe it is his girlfriend. Can't remember her name.
Old 11-23-2011, 10:16 AM   #190  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'1"

I knew Ramone would be gorgeous, and I was waiting for him to cut his hair. He looked awesome, and I'm glad he and Jessica are so happy.

Bob surprised me a lot yesterday. First with being so open about his sister and also with his prediction that John will gain all of his weight back. That came out of his mouth, and I was like, !

John is totally in it to win the game, and I agree with Antone: actions speak louder than words. John tried to act all like, "I can't believe that the one person who it benefited me to have the disadvantage is actually under the line" or whatever crap he said. I was like, "That's why you gave it to her! You just said it at the beginning of the WI!" He absolutely wanted Sunny off the show, and that's why he then cast his vote for her.

I liked Ramone's attitude, but I had to agree with him getting voted off. Sunny had earned the right to stay and would have if she didn't have the disadvantage.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:27 PM   #191  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

I'd have had more respect for John's move if he'd admitted it was a strategy and didn't play his "I'm so sorry I didn't mean for that to happen" game. If you're a game player just admit it...don't pull that BS "feel sorry for me" game.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:22 PM   #192  
Country Girl Fresh

It sucks to see Ramon go home I love seeing him on there and omg what a hottie after he cute his hair. Can't wait for make-over week.. Can't believe this season almost over already this season flew by fast.

As for Bob comment I thought he was talking about how it will be venny who will gain all the weight back but my bf was talking to me during that part so heard part of it.

Omg vinney can singggg!!!!...

As for John I ain't liked him this whole season his personality and needing to be in control dn't rub me the right way.

So who you think gonna win this season?

Last edited by Countrybarbie24; 11-23-2011 at 07:52 PM.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:37 PM   #193  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

OK so I guess the part I missed was Bob predicting someone would gain weight back and Vinny singing. We lost power for only about 3 seconds but it took DirectTV 12 minutes to regain satellite and directory and start recording again.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:13 AM   #194  
Country Girl Fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennay View Post
OK so I guess the part I missed was Bob predicting someone would gain weight back and Vinny singing. We lost power for only about 3 seconds but it took DirectTV 12 minutes to regain satellite and directory and start recording again.
I have to watch tv online so I never get to see it till the next day which sucks cause people talk about it and give it away before I can watch lol.

Sucks about the power going off. I yelled at my bf for getting in front the computer screen while I was watching lol... I have a few shows that will get you yelled at if you interrupt me in the middle of watching and BL is one of them horrible I know
Old 11-24-2011, 01:41 AM   #195  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countrybarbie24 View Post
I have to watch tv online so I never get to see it till the next day which sucks cause people talk about it and give it away before I can watch lol.

Sucks about the power going off. I yelled at my bf for getting in front the computer screen while I was watching lol... I have a few shows that will get you yelled at if you interrupt me in the middle of watching and BL is one of them horrible I know
I watch a few tv shows online too and I will also snarl at anyone who interrupts me and my tv time. My youngest son (who is 21 years old and fully capable of caring for himself at all times) knows never to bother me when I am watching Downton Abbey or Biggest Loser or he wil get his head chewed off.

Last edited by canadianwoman; 11-24-2011 at 01:41 AM.