The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 11-10-2011, 11:04 AM   #166  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshady View Post
I felt Antone's vote for Joe really showed his character. Out for himself. Didn't ever really like him but now can't stand him. I am def rooting for John. He is the one to beat.
Really? Because Joe dropped the gauntlet first last week. He's the one who made it about the game and admitted verbally to cutting Jess because she was a threat (others probably did cut her because of that but had the good sense to say that "bonnie needs it more"). Once someone goes that way the rest need to keep in mind that gameplayers are notorious about alliances meaning jacksquat.

Who should Antone have voted for? Both options were former black team so in theory he "owed loyalty" to them both. And he has his new team and you know Vinnie was pushing to eliminate Joe. At some point with everything else equal, nothing wrong with putting yourself first. If we all put ourselves first a little more often we probably wouldnt need 3FC or TBL

Frankly I think Antone was stupid in that he could have EASILY said "well Sunny saved us all the week it was up to her and I owe her that". Admitting game play is stupid, even if everyone knows it is game play. Joe admitted it and he is out.

Last edited by ennay; 11-10-2011 at 11:05 AM.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:16 PM   #167  

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennay View Post
At some point with everything else equal, nothing wrong with putting yourself first. If we all put ourselves first a little more often we probably wouldnt need 3FC or TBL

good point
Old 11-10-2011, 05:11 PM   #168  
focused and aiming

"Frankly I think Antone was stupid in that he could have EASILY said "well Sunny saved us all the week it was up to her and I owe her that". Admitting game play is stupid, even if everyone knows it is game play. Joe admitted it and he is out."

I agree
Old 11-11-2011, 11:26 AM   #169  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennay View Post
Really? Because Joe dropped the gauntlet first last week. He's the one who made it about the game and admitted verbally to cutting Jess because she was a threat (others probably did cut her because of that but had the good sense to say that "bonnie needs it more"). Once someone goes that way the rest need to keep in mind that gameplayers are notorious about alliances meaning jacksquat.

Who should Antone have voted for? Both options were former black team so in theory he "owed loyalty" to them both. And he has his new team and you know Vinnie was pushing to eliminate Joe. At some point with everything else equal, nothing wrong with putting yourself first. If we all put ourselves first a little more often we probably wouldnt need 3FC or TBL

Frankly I think Antone was stupid in that he could have EASILY said "well Sunny saved us all the week it was up to her and I owe her that". Admitting game play is stupid, even if everyone knows it is game play. Joe admitted it and he is out.
I understand where you are coming from. But Joe was this guy's roommate. They had def formed a bond with each other. I am glad Sonny got to stay. I'm just saying after spending all that time with each other it really surprised me that he would vote for him.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:29 AM   #170  
Get to goal & stay there!

S/C/G: 235/154.8/150

Height: 5'5"

I just heard an interesting report on the radio this morning. Anna will not be coming back next season. It seems she was a nightmare to the production crew as well as the contestants. Maybe there was something to Bonnie's attitude towards Anna after all. Hmmmm...

Last edited by sandcar150; 11-15-2011 at 10:30 AM.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:20 PM   #171  
focused and aiming

Hmmmmm...... Interesting.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:51 PM   #172  

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandcar150 View Post
I just heard an interesting report on the radio this morning. Anna will not be coming back next season. It seems she was a nightmare to the production crew as well as the contestants. Maybe there was something to Bonnie's attitude towards Anna after all. Hmmmm...
other news was the nutritionist is leaving to find something in front of the camera and Olivia had skin removal surgery
Old 11-15-2011, 03:14 PM   #173  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrypie View Post
Olivia had skin removal surgery
Most of them do.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:24 AM   #174  

Height: 5'3

I admire Bonnie for her sacrifice and also for wanting a teacher to win. However, I'm glad she's gone. If I had to hear her say she was 63 one more time I might've killed her.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:56 AM   #175  

S/C/G: 235/tracker/150

Height: 5.9

Her voice grated on me, but obviously she was VERY well loved by all the other contestants.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:11 AM   #176  

S/C/G: 215/211/150

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnamadonna1013 View Post
I admire Bonnie for her sacrifice and also for wanting a teacher to win. However, I'm glad she's gone. If I had to hear her say she was 63 one more time I might've killed her.
I'm glad she is gone also. I guess that mile run got to her. She appears to be one who seeks sympathy.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:21 AM   #177  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'1"

I think that under Dolvette's "care", Bonnie gained whatever knowledge she needed to feel like she could do this on her own and was ready to get back to her family. That's my take anyway.

I'm happy for her. I think she looked great and so happy in her reveal at the end. I think that her contribution to the show was to remind people to not let fear dictate your life, that you don't have an "expiration date" and to do what you can do.

Could she lose the weight and do the challenges as well as the others? Of course not. But even if she had to walk instead of run, and she lost five pounds instead of ten, it all counted. Bonnie's transformation was mental more than on the scale, and that is so huge.

Not surprised about Anna. I think people were against her out of the gate, and she didn't help herself with her approach. Fine line between being tough and...rude? Lacking in tact? I don't know that malicious intent was involved, she just didn't say things in a way that people accepted them well.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:23 AM   #178  
focused and aiming

I think Bonnie has a totally different look in her eyes. She's looking healthier. Also, I am proud of her for seeing that she should go home and volunteering. I doubt she would have been voted out and Becky definitely deserves to be there.

All in all--Great episode!

Last edited by ontarget; 11-16-2011 at 10:24 AM.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:34 PM   #179  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

Well, I had about enough of Bonnie. Glad to see that she was successful, and that she dropped weight once home. The thing that bugged me was that anytime there was a challenge, she wouldn't even TRY. Come on, lady, at least try. Ugh. But at least everyone in the house seemed to like her. I figured Anna might actually have had Bonnie's # from early on, and that she called her on it. Maybe not. I do think the reason she did better with Dolvett is because she does better taking orders from a man.

As a former teacher now SAHM, I am rooting for a teacher to win this, I think that would be awesome. I was impressed with Bonnie that she voted that way in the "popularity contest", LOL
Old 11-16-2011, 04:03 PM   #180  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

Oh, BTW, as far as the rumor about Anna, I don't think she was a good fit for the show, but I hope that Dolvett stays on for the next season.