The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 10-12-2011, 08:44 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

I vote to replace Ana with one of the returning members we saw last night! Hannah would make a great trainer and she knows more than Ana just by going through it before.

Jennifer is my only favorite right now because she has so much against her yet is doing awesome! I wish they would do something to shake the teams up. I feel bad for the blue team, it seems they were out of the game before they even started. They have the worst coach, probably the worst metabolisms due to age, and I'm sure the worst "I can't do it" mentalities.

Ana is really bothering me with all the talk about how it's great working with old people, and they are "just slower" ... they don't have to be slower! I don't remember Bob or Jillian ever treating older contestants any different than the younger ones. I just think Ana has the impression that old people cannot do as much, so she doesn't expect as much and therefore she doesn't get as much out of them. Too bad! They seem to be progressing some and pushing themselves a bit more, but it is too late, the team is practically gone.

Now that they cut the male who was pulling the bigger numbers...they have no chance unless something is done to mix up teams next week.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:52 AM   #92  
~Kim~

Good episode. I was sorry to see the blue team lose again, but I think we all knew it was inevitable. I think they are going to have to change the game up soon, I don't see them just letting the whole blue team go before making a change.

I'm becoming a big fan of Jennifer. It's really impressive to see what she's accomplishing with her injury. I'm starting to like the black team a lot more, still think John is a big jerk though. =)

It was nice to see Ramone step it up. I'm still completely underwhelmed by Vinny. At his starting weight he should have lost more than he has. Sure 44lbs in 4 weeks is amazing, but not for someone on this show, and as heavy as he is. I like Dolvett more and more ever week but he needs to put some focus on Vinny because he's definitely not pulling his weight for the team. Literally! =)
Old 10-12-2011, 10:56 AM   #93  
focused and aiming

I agree about Vinny and am wondering if his eating's off track.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:27 AM   #94  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

I thought this was a good episode, although it kind of spoiled my opinion of Coach Mike a bit. You don't whine about not sending a leader home, a leader would be the first one to step up to go home if he wasn't successfully leading his team. I realize that he's not the trainer, but I just don't see him being a leader to the other Blue players in actions, it was more just talk talk talk about being a leader. And major props to Ramon for truly leading, esp. on that challenge where he was proving to his team and himself that he was trully there to work hard.

Jennifer is my favorite too, and what she is accomplishing with an injury is truly phenomenal and very inspiring.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:05 PM   #95  

S/C/G: h252/s244.8/213.8/g165

Height: 5' 2"

I don't care for Ana at all and wonder who thought she was such a great choice to be a trainer. I think the blue team is getting a bad deal out of that. I do really like Dolvett though and think he's been a good addition to the BL family. I agree that Coach Mike's whining turned me off a big last night. I was so happy for Bonnie and how she's really pushing through things now.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:51 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

I think Bonnie committed suicide for the blue team by sending Mike home. I agree Mike shouldn't have whined about it, but really, he was dropping the largest numbers and had one bad week. I'm sure if he would have stayed he would have had another good week. And this only irritates me because I like the blue team, and want them to not lose another person, and think this whole set-up has been unfair to them.

DH was laughing at the teaser for next week. Maybe Bob gets sent away so the other teams have a shot at winning a weigh-in? Pathetic!
Old 10-12-2011, 06:40 PM   #97  
focused and aiming

I thought Bonnie made a mistake, too. I'm really thinking that's what Mike was thinking, too. I didn't take his actions as whining--just strategy-thinking.

Funny about Bob's leaving. We were thinking the same.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:04 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

I think it was the fact that Mike just stomped out of the elimination room without telling either lady goodbye. Maybe he was in shock though.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:04 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

wow... Hannah looks amazing! she's really even in better shape than when she finished last season... looks like maybe she had some work done, but it was worth it. I think she'd be a better trainer than Anna.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:09 PM   #100  
focused and aiming

Hannah did look fabulous. I think she'd be a good trainer, too. Plus, she's "been there" where the contestants are and where they're coming from emotionally.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:19 AM   #101  

Height: 5'5

having a contestant come back as a trainer is an awesome idea
Old 10-13-2011, 12:43 PM   #102  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

I really love the idea of a former contestant coming back as a trainer! I think either Hannah or Marci (because shoot, she already owns a gym!) would be great choices. I really want to like Anna but I think it's become more and more obvious that it's just not a good match. I think in the real world she'd be great but she just doesn't have the experience to know how to motivate the team and push them to their absolute limits. They should definitely keep Dolvett around, though.

I'm another on Team Jennifer. She kind of reminds me of Courtney last season just because she's so encouraging and is always trying 100%. It's great when they really have some inspiring contestants on the show. I also was impressed with Ramon last night and wow he even followed through with leading at the weigh-in, good for him!

I really hope they do something next week to switch things up a bit, ugh. I hated to see Coach Mike go, but he looked great a home and I have to say the contestants who have gone home this season really seem to have stayed on track.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:06 PM   #103  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

I did a Biggest Loser video work out yesterday with Tara as the trainer, and she wasn't very good. I know that filming a video is a little bit different and she might be able to do better in person, but I am not sure that just having gone through the weight loss/Biggest Loser process makes you a good trainer.

As for the elimination, they are still at the "who NEEDS to be here more?" phase. I think that the players to really bond with each other and it's hard for them to send someone home - it's not that they don't want to win, but they really do look more at the bigger picture and not just the competition aspect.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:23 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 231.0/193.6/185.9

Height: 5'5

Coach Mike looked good in his reveal, at least.

Count me in on the Team Jennifer bandwagon. Also digging Sunny.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:03 AM   #105  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Some real shockers last night. I never got the vibe before the Jennifer was so messed up in the head. Was surprised to see most everyone on the black team suggest she has some real issues. I still think she is doing fabulous weight wise. With her injuries she really doesn't let anything stop her. Was so happy for Sunny. She did fabulous.

Happy for Courtney. She looked great at home!!! What a beautiful girl. I always thought the red team was a little phony with the "oh we love each other so much" crap. They turned on her in a second and you notice she just took off out of there without so much as a hug or goodbye. She was right about Vinny. He should be one of the biggest losers percentage wise with so much weight to lose. I think most of the women have him beat.

Have I said I can't stand Bonnie. Wanted her to go home so badly last week but she had immunity. She is just a whiner and a complainer. She refuses to push herself. I absolutely hate when she says "I hope slow and steady will win the race" Hey Bonnie that is never the case at the Biggest Loser Ranch! Would have love to have seen her with Jillian as a trainer. She would have knocked that attitude out the first week! lol!!!