3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing-184/)
-   -   Biggest Loser Season 12- Are You Ready?! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing/241627-biggest-loser-season-12-you-ready.html)

fattymcfatty 09-19-2011 04:03 PM

I am super excited for this as well! I will miss Jillian but not Cara. Dolvett seems like he is going to be pretty good for the show. I still don't know about Ana...

April Snow 09-21-2011 12:05 AM

did anyone watch?

I really did do my Wii Fit steps while I watched - 30 minutes and over 3000 steps! Not exactly a last chance workout but still pretty good.

shanhat81 09-21-2011 06:52 AM

I watched!!!

I'll admit that I was having trouble keeping everyone straight -- the first few episodes are always kind of a muddle.

170starting 09-21-2011 06:54 AM

I watched. :D I like the new trainers. and everyone did a fabulous job with their first weigh-in. I can't imagine losingt 15 pounds in a week. I STRUGGLE to lose 1-2.

ontarget 09-21-2011 10:32 AM

I watched and did 20 min :ebike:. I like the new trainers, too. They seem perfect for the job.

fattymcfatty 09-21-2011 12:41 PM

Dolvett is one nice lookin' dude!!!

I'm worried that Ana's team is going to be eliminated super quick. I believe age really helps with weightloss, and yes, I know you can lose at 50, 60, 70, but these folks definitely have a disadvantage competing against 20 year olds...

TooManyDimples 09-21-2011 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fattymcfatty (Post 4041664)

I'm worried that Ana's team is going to be eliminated super quick. I believe age really helps with weightloss, and yes, I know you can lose at 50, 60, 70, but these folks definitely have a disadvantage competing against 20 year olds...

I agree. I figure they'll probably change the game up in a few weeks anyway to make sure the whole blue team doesn't go home first.

Dolvett seems like a really good inspiring trainer. Ana, not so much. I don't think she works well as a trainer, I think she'll be too soft on them, especially since she ended up with the seniors. Her being a trainer just seems like such a gimmick to me.

runningfromfat 09-21-2011 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fattymcfatty (Post 4041664)

I agree.

On the other hand, I actually liked that the older contestants are encouraged to fight for their spots! I got fairly annoyed last season how all the parents felt the need to fall on their swords for their kids (when if anything they needed to be there more than their kids because it IS harder to lose as you get older!). I just wished Bob would've been their trainer because I think they really need that edge.

Ana... I actually don't think she's a bad trainer at all. Shoot, I would LOVE to lose 4lbs/week and that was the least one of her contestants lost. Clearly she's doing something right. She also has the toughest group with most likely the greatest number of health problems. At this point she's also somewhat restricted with what they physically can do. It shows her doing water aerobics and that might be a really great idea, especially for the lady with the knee problems.

Ironically, Bob probably has the easiest group to work with and he's the most experienced trainer there (when it comes to the Biggest Loser setting). I think they were spot on when they said they were young enough to compete physically but old enough to have wisdom. Also, many of them are parents and trust me there's a lot of extra drive there. ;)

The twenty-year olds will certainly be giving them a run for their money but if they are anything like I was in my young 20's they might be very excited about losing weight but might not have as much maturity as the slightly older crowd. Obviously, I'm sure there are some who are there already! But it's just a guess at this point.

kyalpn 09-21-2011 03:34 PM

This is my first season watching, but now I get all the hype. There is a part to all of their stories that I identify with, and I am so envious of the place they had to come to to say, "I want this. I need this. I WILL put my journey and my vulneralbilities out there for all of America to see." The thought of standing there, "naked" emotionally and physically, for the world to see? I think I want to :barf:. I wish I had that much courage.

This is just the show that feeds my sappy/weepy side, too. When Anna ran out to meet her team and help them over the finish line? Yeah...:cry::hug: :o That was so sweet!

I'm not sure how I'm going to respond to those huge weight loss numbers. I understand they are under doctors care and on strict diets and that they are basically working out all day, but to see someone loss 30 lbs so quickly is gonna make me wanna eat a donut. :^:

Tomato 09-21-2011 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TooManyDimples (Post 4041781)

Dolvett seems like a really good inspiring trainer. Ana, not so much. I don't think she works well as a trainer, I think she'll be too soft on them, especially since she ended up with the seniors. Her being a trainer just seems like such a gimmick to me.

I didn't even know TBL's new season was starting last night, so I watched only few bits and pieces while channel surfing during commercials in What Not To Wear. I really hate that two shows overlap (plus, I have Zumba from 8 to 9).
I was thinking, what kind of sense does it make to have 60-year olds compete against people a generation younger (if not more - like I said, I saw only few bits). Not that weight loss is not possible in senior years but it is an entirely different ballgame than when one is younger. If nothing else, your body simply doesn't recover that quickly from exercise (speaking from my own experience - I am 52). IMHO, the age of the participants should be within a 10 yr range or something like that.

fattymcfatty 09-21-2011 04:02 PM

I don't think Ana is a bad trainer by any means, I agree with you Tomato that it is a different ballgame. It seems that damage can be reversed quicker if you are younger. Not to say that the blue team can't start really dropping the lbs, I think they will, but probably three or four weeks in, which will be the reverse for the red team.

I agree that a four pound drop is awesome to have in a week. I think Bob might have got the same results as Ana. I think another issue the blue team has is that the larger contestants are on the other teams, and it always seems that those with more to lose drop off the pounds quick in the beginning.

ennay 09-21-2011 04:34 PM

OKOKOKOK.. I have to say this because everyone is going on about 30 lb losses and the like. Before the first weigh in TBL hosts a buffet to load them up. They GORGE, sodium load, water load, whatever they can to get the highest weight possible.

Frankly I have always thought the first weeks weigh in was more a matter of who managed to preload best. Lots of fiber free carbs water and salt, get bloated and constipated without actually taking in as many calories as maybe someone who went for the carb/fat combo foods.

I thought Anna was a gimmick when they announced her last season. dh thinks its to try to get more male viewers. But no, she cant bring it like Jillian. Or even Kara (although I found her annoying)

As far as the age thing...it is weird...but they'll throw in a few gimmicks to level it out soon.

April Snow 09-21-2011 05:20 PM

re: the age things

They will probably have some sort of non-physically competitive challenge that at the least would give the old team equal chance, and maybe even do it in a way that is somewhat skewed to give them a better chance of winning.

I also agree they will mix the teams up at some point anyway, and sooner rather than later if they do keep having to send someone from blue team home.

dangerouscurves76 09-21-2011 05:53 PM

I watched!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TooManyDimples (Post 4041781)

Couldn't have said it better myself! :) Note to Ana: Stop rubbing their backs and figure out a way to truly motivate them! :dizzy:

I don't believe for one second that if Bob was the seniors trainer they would have pulled similar low numbers! 4lbs all week? (I think I heard Jillian screaming when she saw that.) Bob is really good at working around injuries and issues and still producing good weight loss.

On the upside, I'm addicted to BL so I'll be watching no matter what happens!

April Snow: Using the wii steps while watching is a great idea! I'll pull mine out next week. :)

LisaLou 09-21-2011 05:59 PM

I didn't know about the buffet thing. VERY interesting, but makes so much more sense. I knew they worked really hard during the first week, but a 30 pound loss just didn't make sense before.

I think the older group will do well next week while the other groups will see a much lower loss. I think Bob mentioned the fear of what next week will bring after such big losses. Not too sad about the first person eliminated. (first time in this section and not sure about spoiler rules)

A little surprised at how many whiny men we have this season. Between Antone and Patrick, the tears were flowing. Although, I do think Antone really grew on me. I'm looking forward to Patrick gaining some self-esteem. His self esteem reminds me a little of Matt from long ago. I'm looking forward to the makeover for the guy with glasses and long hair on the red team. LOL

I'll be looking forward to chatting it up with you all this season.

Lisa