3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing-184/)
-   -   Biggest Loser Season 12- Are You Ready?! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing/241627-biggest-loser-season-12-you-ready.html)

ontarget 08-29-2011 07:36 PM

I'm pumped!!

StraitLover 08-30-2011 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanutt (Post 4010940)
I had read that it would be singles, 3 teams grouped by age.

The logo on the NBC website just said Biggest Loser Couples; that's why I assumed couples. Maybe they didn't change it???

Aishah 08-30-2011 11:02 PM

I went to the biggest loser auditions back in March in Dallas. There were soooo many people there! I stood in so many lines for hours and hours and hours ( I didn't think to bring any type of chair, I noticed that a ton of people brought them, but oh well!) It was quite a long process and many different holding rooms and stages. You finally get put into a room with about 10 other auditioners for about a total of one minute with a casting director. Each person got about 45 seconds to answer about 3 quick questions. We were asked:

What is one word that describes you?
Who do you like more the old trainers or the new trainers?
Why do you want to be on the biggest loser? (Only give 45-60 seconds tops, they did cut you off if you went over.)

I didn't get chosen, but I did meet lots of friendly people and the stories of those who wanted to be healthy and those who have lost all their weight and are now motivational speakers. Oh and a goodie bag with some Biggest Loser snack items.

ontarget 08-31-2011 01:11 PM

Aishah, thank you for sharing your experience with us. Congratulations on your weightloss success.

shanhat81 08-31-2011 01:56 PM

They should have picked you, Aishah!

Katybug 09-07-2011 12:00 AM

I am looking forward to this season!! I only started watching three years ago, when I met my boyfriend, because he watches it..... every season I was determined I wouldn't get sucked in again, because I do get annoyed that each episode is 2 hours long, when they could easily fit it into 1 hour. It seems like they draaaaag it out and repeat things so much. And don't get me started on the product placements! ;) But...... each season, despsite my best efforts to ignore it while my bf was watching, I would get sucked in by the contestants' stories and admiration of how hard they were working. Now that I am working on losing weight myself, I am excited for a new season! But we definitely watch it on the PVR so we can at least cut out the ads and shorten it up a little ;)

kshe78 09-11-2011 09:50 PM

I'm excited! I've worked out with Dolvett (new trainer) a couple of times. I don't "know" him that well, but I've taken a couple of his boot camp classes at his gym in Atlanta. I love his style! I think he will be...sort of like Jillian, but not screaming in their face as much. So I guess that would be more like Bob. :D

I don't know, but I'm looking forwarding to watching him!

If anybody of you will admit to watching "What Chili Wants" on VH1 (Chili from TLC looking for a man...he was on that show, the first season I think).

ETA: I haven't been here in a long time. Does anybody know where I can edit my location? I can't find it under profile. I don't live in Seattle - I've actually never even been to Seattle, lol. :)

Aishah 09-12-2011 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shanhat81 (Post 4014724)
They should have picked you, Aishah!

Aw, thank you! I agree with you. lol. ;)
But, it did inspire me to get back into gear. I went home and joined a gym a few weeks after the audition. Since the audition I've lost 45 pounds. Was 280 when I went to audition and I'm 235 as of yesterday.

I'm excited to see the new season! I've never watched a full season before, just a few episodes here and there.

runningfromfat 09-12-2011 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aishah (Post 4028990)
But, it did inspire me to get back into gear. I went home and joined a gym a few weeks after the audition. Since the audition I've lost 45 pounds. Was 280 when I went to audition and I'm 235 as of yesterday.

I'm excited to see the new season! I've never watched a full season before, just a few episodes here and there.

WOW. That's incredible! Keep up the good work, it sounds like you didn't need the biggest loser after all!

shanhat81 09-12-2011 09:08 AM

Quote:

Awesome!!! :carrot:

ontarget 09-12-2011 11:36 AM

Great loss!

Sinderelly 09-17-2011 02:35 PM

Quote:

I went to the Biggest Loser audition in August for Season 13. Stood in line for about 9 hours in the Florida heat. Ha I met a lot of amazing people as well. Britney Aberle (from Season 5) was the Casting Director. We were only asked one question and that was "Tell me about yourself"

I left the casting call feeling pretty motivated. I joined the gym a week later, and have so far lost 15 lbs (the casting call was a little less than a month ago).

I love weighing in with the contestants and comparing my weight to theirs. I also enjoy learning new workouts to do at the gym by watching them. Now that I have joined a gym I can actually try the workouts myself :D

BTW.. SUPER excited about Biggest Loser starting in a few days!!:carrot::carrot:

Aishah 09-17-2011 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinderelly (Post 4036482)
I went to the Biggest Loser audition in August for Season 13. Stood in line for about 9 hours in the Florida heat. Ha I met a lot of amazing people as well. Britney Aberle (from Season 5) was the Casting Director. We were only asked one question and that was "Tell me about yourself"

I left the casting call feeling pretty motivated. I joined the gym a week later, and have so far lost 15 lbs (the casting call was a little less than a month ago).

I love weighing in with the contestants and comparing my weight to theirs. I also enjoy learning new workouts to do at the gym by watching them. Now that I have joined a gym I can actually try the workouts myself :D

BTW.. SUPER excited about Biggest Loser starting in a few days!!:carrot::carrot:

Congrats on your loss! That's awesome!
You're right It is a motivating experience, I think. I remember in one of the holding rooms ( the 3rd or fourth stage of the audition process) was when they had motivational speakers come to speak to the room. They were encouraging us to get out there and not give up, that even if we don't make it on the show, start anyway! It did give me that extra push, because I was kind of in a stand still with my weight loss. I had gone down from 335 to 280, but it was a slow process and I wasn't working out. Now, 5 months later I'm feeling so much better! Down 49 pounds and counting. I know it's not as fast as those who made it on the show have lost weight, but I'm getting there and by this season's finale I hope to be down quite a bit more! :):)

April Snow 09-17-2011 09:06 PM

I'm looking forward too! It will be fun to watch while I am actively losing weight too. I will do my Wii Fit step program while I watch! lol!

ontarget 09-19-2011 03:40 PM

I'll do my :ebike: at least 20 minutes while watching.