3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing-184/)
-   -   Biggest Loser Season 11 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing/221340-biggest-loser-season-11-a.html)

wesley587 01-18-2011 09:52 PM

I didn't like the egg throwing thing either. Rude.

CourtneyDaisey 01-18-2011 10:16 PM

Okay, the show just ended. O.M.G!!!!!! :eek:

I cannot believe the black team each gained!!!!!! WTF?!?!?!?!? I wasn't surprised at who went home (name withheld in case someone's reading who hasn't watched it yet). I kind of expected that after what they said earlier in the show.

And yes, it was confirmed on this one that Brett and Cara are the two mystery trainers. I know this is a little off topic, but Cara has gorgeous hair! I wish my hair had waves like that! So pretty!

I am so pleased with Q's focus this week and his 19 pound loss! How awesome! He definitely got his head in the game after the meeting with the doctor. I was still annoyed that his wife still didn't say a word. I am wanting to hear her side of things and what she feels about things, not just his point of view. She's so timid and quiet. I hope once we start seeing more of the Brett and Cara team that she will come out of her shell. I was also shocked to hear what Sarah (from the pink team) had as a body fat percentage. She doesn't look like she has that much body fat at all! I guess her injury really did mess up her muscles pretty bad.

Isn't it funny how the purple team has had the exact same weight lost for each player all three weeks in a row? Wild!

What did you all think of that challenge? I wasn't sure what the Brett and Cara team were thinking by just picking someone and letting them win. Isn't this a competition too? I am not sure I could have done that, but who knows. Still, I was so proud of Marci for winning that one! And Courtney...in spite of her smaller loss this week she still is pleased that the scale is moving and definitely has her head on straight! She is so inspiring!!!! What an awesome person she is! I cannot wait to see her transformation at the end of this season! She's so amazing already! I can just imagine what the weight loss will do for her already fabulous personality!

shadetree20 01-18-2011 10:23 PM

This was a great episode! I agree with CourtneyDaisy - Cara's hair so amazing.

But really, c'mon: who thinks the losing team threw it? And how? Water loading like crazy?

And poor Arthur! I wish they would have discussed the reasons for his not being in the gym this week. I think it would have helped humanize the whole process a lot more. Because, in weight loss, there are weeks you get sick and you can't do your regular routines for really good reasons!

Anyway, can't wait to hear everyone's thoughts!

BoopRN 01-18-2011 10:33 PM

I agree it was a good episode. Finally the "unknowns" are revealed! I don't know if I like Brett and Cara yet. They have not focused too much on them, so I'm still on the fence.

I thought that Jillian was so rude to the Black team, with good reason ! But i cant help think they did sabotage themselves somehow.

tytbody 01-18-2011 10:50 PM

Te black team didn't seem like they were all there.. They sweated a little but even in the beginning, on the 5 k they were poor. Horrible shape.

You know what got me thinking, some exercises are better or give different results for each body.

If I lift you lift, it seems someone is going to burn more and we lift the same amount. Why, if they are alluding the same exercise, why are there so much different weight loss?

I think the pink team is not going to make it, at least not be a biggest loser.

I DVR'd it so still watching.

And that girls body fat????????shocking.

Rated 01-18-2011 11:01 PM

I thought the exact same thing about Cara's hair.

Since we saw the black team working out and other teams said they worked hard in the gym they probably water loaded because for both of them to gain 9 pounds that just doesn't happen on the ranch. I mean one of them could have had a bad week but for both of them to gain that much weight I don't care what they say that was planned for sure.

tytbody 01-18-2011 11:02 PM

And that lady that doesn't talk, she will once she gets voted off for not working . And he husband with a fifty something year old body is sad.

shadetree20 01-18-2011 11:50 PM

I know Q's wife (the red team lady) hasn't talked during a confessional yet, but I'm pretty sure she yelled a couple times during the workouts they've shown. Not much, but enough to show that she's capable of being vocal : )

I imagine that she just doesn't have a made-for-TV background story that fits perfectly in the little 1 min. emotional clips they like to play. I'd still like to hear more from her!

fattymcfatty 01-19-2011 01:35 AM

I can't believe the black team. Don't people prepare to be away from family when they sign up? I don't get it. Seeing the dynamics between Arthur and his dad is shedding some light on how Arthur got to over 500 lbs. Bob was super-pissy tonight, but for good reason.

cherrypie 01-19-2011 10:27 AM

How could the black teams weight just be water? They must have lost a couple pounds this week. Other people said they worked hard. So they drank 11 pounds of water? how is that even possible.

I was kinda disapointed that only one member of each team was covered by the doctor.

LTs girl 01-19-2011 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fattymcfatty (Post 3661907)
I can't believe the black team. Don't people prepare to be away from family when they sign up?

I agree 100%. Nothing pisses me off more than to hear people complain about being away from their family. I take it personally because my husband is military and he has been gone since June and doesn't come back till March. It is like suck it up. You can't be away from your family for 3 months?

BTW Cara's hair is amazing!!

(pink team)
You know you are in trouble when the trainer says he didn't even know you could be that percentage of body fat.

The only thing I can say about Arthur is to remember that the producers edit it to show you what they want you to see. I can't wait to see what #'s he pulls next week now that he can get back in the gym.

eclipse 01-19-2011 12:03 PM

Was anyone else really annoyed with the Olympic team's attitude toward the people they didn't think wanted it hard enough? They just came off a-holes.

MamaP 01-19-2011 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eclipse (Post 3662708)
Was anyone else really annoyed with the Olympic team's attitude toward the people they didn't think wanted it hard enough? They just came off a-holes.

I think it's more Rulon's partner than Rulon. He comes off very arrogant and I think he has a bit of a "my friend is an Olympian" attitude. I looked at his profile and it says he is a gym owner, city worker and bounty hunter. I think he's pretty full of himself.

cherrypie 01-19-2011 12:36 PM

bounty hunter? :lol:

Tomato 01-19-2011 01:00 PM

I somehow missed the part about Q - I don't even recall who that is.

I was shocked to hear that that pink girl's fat percentage is 58%. O-M-G!!!
And she doesn't even seem to be that big. Wow. God luck to her - it will be hard for her with so little LBM.

I am not impressed with Arthur. I think he is not giving it his all. On the other hand, I understand he did not participate in the gym every day although the reason was not disclosed. I thought maybe he was swimming instead, but that would not burn the same amount of calories as gym workouts.

My jaw just dropped at the black team's weight results. Yeap, they must have worked on it really hard. I was thinking, what idiots, it would have been enough to lose 0 pounds (you can pretty much count on everybody else losing at least a small amount, although there were a few occasions when somebody gained a pound) - but to GAIN NINE POUNDS???
I am sure a lot of it was an "artificial" gain - lots of water just before the weigh-in (after all, we don't know how supervised they are before the weigh in, how much privacy they have, etc.) and probably lots of salt in the days prior to the weigh-in (to retain water).

I was annoyed by Dan's (at least I think the dude who went home was Dan) constaint whining about his late son and about missing his 9 yr old daughter. It's not like he is the only one who had to leave the spouse and/or kids in order to be on the ranch. I am sure it is very hard having to bury your own child, but come on - 6 years is more than enough to get a grip on oneself and accept the reality.

Irene is very pretty and I think once Courtney loses another 100 lbs she will be quite attractive, too.