3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing-184/)
-   -   Biggest Loser Season 11 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing/221340-biggest-loser-season-11-a.html)

seagirl 01-12-2011 04:15 PM

I loved when he was just walking and walking. It shows that you can lose weight with steady walking, not just crazy boxing.

Slim CB 01-12-2011 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TooManyDimples (Post 3649422)
Anyone else notice how when they show the red team getting interviewed at all the husband is the only one who says anything. The wife just sits there. I haven't heard a single word out of her mouth yet. My husband said she'll probably start talking as soon as she figures out how to pronounce her own name. :lol: It's something crazy like Larilamy.

I thought I was the only one who noticed that...she looks like such a meek little lamb...just listening and nodding to whatever hubby says.

cherrypie 01-12-2011 05:20 PM

I'm going to have to watch for that.

MindiV 01-13-2011 07:48 AM

LOVE me some Arthur!

And I'm already tired of the Rulon Gold Medal photo being shown. Hope they don't do that every episode.

mandagrl1 01-13-2011 10:35 AM

I thought I posted on this, but didn't find it! Strange! I enjoyed it Tuesday but there were a couple of things that rubbed me wrong-1. The unknowns sending donuts as a temptation. I actually normally LIKE the temptation challenges, but only because they're given by the SHOW, not the contestants. This show is about learning to be healthy and encourages the teams to support one another and keep them going. You don't support a team by sending them donuts two weeks in (typically the hardest week to lose on the show). Pitting obese against obese, especially by antagonizing with the very food that landed them ALL where they are now just doesn't seem right or to fit with the theme of the show to me.

I also didn't love when Dr. H told Dan what EXACT day that he would die. There was no disclosure of it being approximate, he said that was the day he would go. That's playing God to me. Yes, it's impactful, but it's also really unrealistic. Also, as someone who struggles with motivation and my ability to resist the "bad stuff", if I'm at home seeing that and I keep the same pre-ranch lifestyle that Dan did, I might think "well-that's 9 years from now! I'll take care of this weight before then!". Just didn't care for that.

Otherwise though-it was great. I was SO impressed with Arthurs walking! I get all huffy by 2 miles at 3.5 on the treadmill indoors, so for a man of his size to happily walk 5 miles is absolutely inspiring!

Also impressed with the daughter on the aqua team. She has some serious focus and determination! She doesn't cry or act up-she just does what Bob tells her to do because she knows it works! Love that!

I'm ready to "see" the trainers, but even more, I'm ready to see more of that group period. If they have so much success over there, I want to see what they do differently.

peanutt 01-13-2011 10:49 AM

As for the donuts - I don't believe for a minute that the players "sent" them. That screams production setup to me.

I too loved watching Arthur in this week's episode. His spirit and enthusiasm are so infectious....he's probably a riot to have around and seems to keep everyone motivated. Courtney seems like she's a great motivating force for the team too. I'd love to have people like these guys to workout with!

I couldn't believe how poorly the ranch team did in that challenge though. I thought they'd do a little better than that because they seem to be a really tight group, but they were working like they'd never met each other before. There are so many people on that team who are so driven, yet they just seemed to shut that off for the challenge.

I'm very glad that we saw more of the unknown group...got to see some of their stories and workouts. Looking forward to more of that!

CourtneyDaisey 01-13-2011 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slim CB (Post 3649765)
I thought I was the only one who noticed that...she looks like such a meek little lamb...just listening and nodding to whatever hubby says.

I thought that as well! I am looking forward to her coming out of her shell and expressing her individuality. Then we'll get to see the real person and not the one who lets her man do all the talking. :)

tytbody 01-13-2011 09:30 PM

that is kinda weired isn't it? maybe she doesn't speak English.

ringmaster 01-14-2011 02:24 AM

ok, I thought it was a little odd they made it look like Aurthur was going to eat the donuts after they were stepped on and after even a couple fell on the ground by the garbage. That had to be just for show... it seemed a bit disrespectful, like saying a fat person would eat anything.

Can't wait to see more of the unknown teams... see more how they are doing their challenges, how they are training and eating.

shadetree20 01-14-2011 10:57 AM

Ah! I finally got to watch the first two shows last night - this season looks great! I totally agree about Courtney - she seems awesome - but Arthur rubs me the wrong way sometimes. I'm really curious about the other trainers - they seem to be super competitive about making their team better. I hope it doesn't result in injuries!

tytbody 01-14-2011 11:44 AM

Do these shows always have sob stories about ho they are trying so hard.Z. I just watched my DVD last night and everyone is crying . I'm so sorry dad, I'm so sorry I did this.

No, I did not get that they would think Arthur was so fat he'd eat stepped on donuts. I hope not .

The unknowns are kicking but though.

peanutt 01-14-2011 11:49 AM

Cheryl, I think that this season they're trying to get back to some of the personal stories and compelling people. In the last couple of seasons there have been some serious game players who aren't as likeable to the audience. I feel like they're really focusing more on the personal stories so far than in the previous seasons.

abluvion 01-14-2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ringmaster (Post 3652647)
ok, I thought it was a little odd they made it look like Aurthur was going to eat the donuts after they were stepped on and after even a couple fell on the ground by the garbage. That had to be just for show... it seemed a bit disrespectful, like saying a fat person would eat anything.

It hit home for me. In the worst moments of my binge eating, I would consider taking food out of the trash. Like if I bought a cake and ate til I was sick, then tossed the rest in frustration.... as soon as I wasn't physically ill anymore, my brain would tell me that "there's perfectly good cake in there." I had to destroy food entirely before my brain would see it as off-limits.

It was actually kind of shocking to see that portrayed on TV - in a good way - it was a jolt to my system saying "hey, others really do struggle with this and can overcome it." I think it was probably ridiculous to anyone who has not struggled in this way, and it may make them think that fat people are fat because they eat food out of the garbage........ but it did not come off that way to me. I knew exactly what he was struggling with in that moment.

seagirl 01-14-2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abluvion (Post 3653591)
It hit home for me. In the worst moments of my binge eating, I would consider taking food out of the trash. Like if I bought a cake and ate til I was sick, then tossed the rest in frustration.... as soon as I wasn't physically ill anymore, my brain would tell me that "there's perfectly good cake in there." I had to destroy food entirely before my brain would see it as off-limits.

It was actually kind of shocking to see that portrayed on TV - in a good way - it was a jolt to my system saying "hey, others really do struggle with this and can overcome it." I think it was probably ridiculous to anyone who has not struggled in this way, and it may make them think that fat people are fat because they eat food out of the garbage........ but it did not come off that way to me. I knew exactly what he was struggling with in that moment.

Yeah, I didn't see it as added for shock value, I saw it as something he struggles with, like a lot of people.

I don't weigh 500 pounds, but I used to binge and have certainly had that urge after destroying food.

fattymcfatty 01-14-2011 03:36 PM

OK, I'm probably going to get many disagreeing folk on this one.
I don't like Arthur. I think he is lazy, pathetic, and will definitely gain the weight back. Also, I read on his bio he is a day care provider. Really? Who would have him babysit their child?

And I understand the struggle, I'm not trying to be mean spirited, but I just don't think someone 500+ pounds can do an adequate job watching small toddlers. I'd be afraid if something happened he couldn't get there quick enough, or that he would have some sort of health episode in front of the children.

Am I being too harsh????
My DH has the same opinion.