3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing-184/)
-   -   Biggest Loser Season 11 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing/221340-biggest-loser-season-11-a.html)

cherrypie 01-26-2011 10:07 AM

I think that is only for meals, then they would have a few hundred calories as snacks throughout the day

shadetree20 01-26-2011 10:16 AM

That seems a pretty big unfair advantage... having your meals properly prepared. It seems like the unknown would have one leg up nutritionally (because I'd assume whoever makes the meals has more nutritional knowledge and know-how than a contestant) and it eliminates the need to really think about your choices, which I find to be a really stressful part of dieting.

On the other hand, I think it will be tough for them coming back to the ranch. It'll be a new stress.

I can't wait to see the weigh-in! Will this be their first weigh-in all together or will that happen next week?

mmel3283 01-26-2011 10:37 AM

I think that's part of the point. Right now...they have immunity...and their meals made for them...it's no wonder they've been doing so well.

But what's going to happen when they have to make their own meals? THAT is going to be harder for them I think. They may have had immunity and not had to "worry" about it...but when they have to start worrying about what they make and put into their body is when they'll be at risk to go home.

wendychic 01-26-2011 11:35 AM

Yeah the unknowns will definitely have to relearn everything when it comes to food. That is where Bob and Jillian's team will have the advantage. This makes things interesting. I really liked the green teams attitude when they were picked to go stay on the ranch. After watching the blue team guy eat a piece of chicken I can totally see him slipping when he gets back home. He laid into that chicken leg. He has to get control. Why wouldn't he just not eat and see where the cards fell? Everyone else had the strength to do that. Just makes me wonder...

Violin Jenn 01-26-2011 12:20 PM

I agree with the others that the unknowns have an advantage having their meals prepared for them. But I wonder what has been going on off camera. Have they had nutritional "classes" that we just don't see? Do they know how many calories they should each be eating? I don't see any trainer not addressing that issue with client's/contestants. Especially these contestants that are SO overweight and unhealthy.

Next weeks weighin I think will go to the unknowns, but after that, it'll be interesting.

debbieOBX 01-26-2011 01:20 PM

Sooo who do you think was on the scale when the gain showed up for next week?
deb

LTs girl 01-26-2011 04:35 PM

If I had to guess I would say Don. I bet it next week there will be 2 weigh-ins. One at the beginning of the show when he will lose the 9lbs and then the one at the end with the +6. I don't remember anyone else being that close to the 280's.

As much as I want to say I don't care for the yellow team, I was surprised at how they welcomed the green team with open arms. Maybe they aren't such "bad guys". (to put it nicely) I also was surprised by how they have their meals prepared. I guess they took a chance with the new trainers so they rewarded them? That is going to be a huge wake up call when they are all at the ranch and have to cook their own meals.

I love the purple team. They are so funny together.

So here is my question. What would have happened if no one had taken a bite? Would anyone have gone to the unknown ranch?

Can't wait till next week.
P.S. still nothing from the wife (red team).

Tomato 01-26-2011 04:44 PM

I agree with Mindi, darn State of the Union address!!! Couldn't Obama pick Monday (when there is nothing on tv to watch anyway) instead of Tuesday? Although I was glad there was at least one hour I would have been totally bummed if the entire TBL was cancelled for this week.

Anybody else thinks it is ridiculous to still refer to Brett and Cara as the "unknowns"? You practically stumble over who they are on the internet, without searching for it at all. For example, today, I clicked here and there and all of sudden I ended up on Beachbody's website which announces that Brett, the new Biggest Loser trainer, just released his new abs workout (appears to have a similar format as P90X - about 10 or so DVD, to be done every day for 90 consecutive days).

I actually thought Arthur did not do that badly by eating that chicken leg (although I was surprised when they said it was only 150 calories - I thought it was deep fried?) I really expected him to cave him and reach for a pizza.
Personally, I thought the "reward" (i.e. having the power to decide who goes to the Unknowns) was really insignificant, but IF it really mattered to him to have the power to decide then he did not do that badly. (but, I admit, it was not very clear to me if he just gave in to the temptation or if he did it for the "reward" - I finished making a curtain for my monster window and I was hanging it when the blue team was subjected to the temptation).

I hope Don goes home soon.
Courtney looks really nice when she doesn't have her mascara applied by a trowel.

ringmaster 01-26-2011 10:17 PM

yea, the 'unknowns' have a big advantage having their meals ready for them, it also gives them more time to workout. anyone else take a look at their menu? finally a glimpse at what they eat there... what's a green pizza?

it's nice to see more of the 'unknown' trainers and what workouts they are doing. at the end only one of them will be picked? I kinda like Brett (I didn't know he was a chubby kid!) but I'm not sure if 2 male trainers would do good on the show. I could tell right away the female is trying to be another Jillian since they showed her yelling in the previews.

trekkiegirl 01-26-2011 10:39 PM

The plus 6 pounds has to be Don. Nobody was at 280 Week 3. Don was at 280 Week 2 before the 9-pound gain. Unless he's got some kind of condition we haven't been made privy to (which I doubt, since B & J went off on him), he's being so foolish and lying and being all indignant on top of it. At least Irene should be safe...if their team goes below the line, they're all going to vote him off, not her.

I think next week they are counting Don's weight from 280. So if he's 286 in the preview for next week and Week 3 he was 289, that would mean he lost 3 of the pounds he gained. This guy so doesn't want to be there.

Most people throw the weigh-in as a strategy to stay on the ranch and this guy throws it to leave.

The purple team still puts me off and I think I figured out why. They're overly dramatic when they're interviewed, kind of like how Kristin was in Season 7. One more so than the other, I forget which is which.

tytbody 01-26-2011 10:44 PM

for sure they are. Always.. very talky like they are perfect.

mmel3283 01-28-2011 12:03 PM

The purple team kind of bugs me...I'm not going to lie.

I really love the green team and Courtney and her mom.

IDK about anyone on the unknowns yet.

All I know is that Arthur really needs to get more serious. I feel like he takes it with a grain of salt...he needs to buckle down and save his own life.

shoeluver67 01-28-2011 12:19 PM

you know what...i really like the unknowns...i do. i know they haven't showed them much, and sure editing is a factor, but they are such a close knit unit...and they really welcomed the green team with open arms. right down to where the guy trainer said, "welcome to your new family", when the green team was working out and all the unknowns stood around them clapping and supporting him. i think they are kinda getting a bad rap on the show....the mean unknowns in the bad guy black vans. man, those people are a serious UNIT...i like it!

cherrypie 01-28-2011 12:56 PM

that woman on the red team still hasn't said a word lol

MamaP 01-28-2011 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherrypie (Post 3681053)
that woman on the red team still hasn't said a word lol

She obviously knows how to talk - http://www.nbc.com/the-biggest-loser...ialmy/1267413/ - don't understand why they've edited things so that it looks like she doesn't have much to say.