The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 10-27-2010, 03:46 PM   #121  

Height: 5'5

again a surprise in who went home last night. But then it was to the blue teams advantage. At this point they should all be voting out the slowest loser and not who they think will be competition in the final.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:29 PM   #122  

I was surprised too.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:51 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

Frado needs to quit crying like a baby! He is really starting to get on my nerves
Old 10-28-2010, 02:16 AM   #124  
traveller chick

S/C/G: 80/79.5/65 (KG)

Height: 5'6''

I dont know..... anyone saw some flirting between Lisa and Adam??

Anyway I didnt agree with their decision...Adam is a really good asset for the blue team in term of challenges competition...
Old 10-28-2010, 06:31 AM   #125  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

I feel the same way. They really put their team at a disadvantage against the
Black Team. I also think they were stupid about the weigh in. Adam def should have used his pass and they never should have let the girl weigh in. She is really big and loses very slowly and has since the beginning.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:32 AM   #126  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Fatty-I agree. I can't stand Fredo. He gets on my nerves in the worst way. I feel like this is all a game to him and he will be headed for trouble when he gets home and he has to do this for himself and not the cameras.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:50 PM   #127  

I have severe asthma and COPD and I exercise daily for 1-2 hours, lifiting weights, aerobics, treadmill, and bike. When you use your lungs more they improve. I have had asthma since I was a few months old and I am now 69. When, at the docs insistence, I started exercising, I couldn't walk a block without having to stop and catch my breath. I did a 5K last May. I'm breathing better than ever. People use asthma as a crutch for not doing things instead of trying to improve their situation.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:34 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshady View Post
Fatty-I agree. I can't stand Fredo. He gets on my nerves in the worst way. I feel like this is all a game to him and he will be headed for trouble when he gets home and he has to do this for himself and not the cameras.
Exactly! He needs to work on himself. I feel he is losing it so fast and playing to win and not doing the mental/emotional work. I think even Brenden was getting sick of his pity party.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:34 PM   #129  
Back at It!

S/C/G: 238/220/170

Height: 5'4 1/2

I was also suprised to see Adam go home last night. He should have used his pass last night. He kind of screwed himself over by no using it.

Fraedo annoys me as well, but I believe he has some serious anger issues. I laughed when he fell off the treadmill even though he probably hurt himself, I got the impression he did it on purpose.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:20 AM   #130  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojo381972 View Post
I was also suprised to see Adam go home last night. He should have used his pass last night. He kind of screwed himself over by no using it.

Fraedo annoys me as well, but I believe he has some serious anger issues. I laughed when he fell off the treadmill even though he probably hurt himself, I got the impression he did it on purpose.

Oh he totally did it on purpose...same way I used to "fall and hurt my ankle" in PE in high school when I got tired of running.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:11 AM   #131  
nearly there

S/C/G: 145/111/95

Height: 5"1"

I used to love the show and watched every season. In fact I have seasons three through nine on tape. But this season's starting format of the yellow line with half the contestants below, which was horribly horribly unfair to the women, really ticked me off. I try to watch the episodes on Hulu but can't seem to get through more than twenty minutes at a time before getting annoyed and switching it off.

And I honestly don't care a hoot about a single contestant this year. They're a mixture of douchebags and whiners.

I think I'm done with this show.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:52 AM   #132  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

I can't believe that Adam was voted off the previous week. I was so upset by that, I didn't post last week. He didn't deserve to go, nor did Rick the week before.

Why does Fredo get to stay week after week? I can't stand him. He gained 4 pounds, he even said before he weighed in that he thought he gained 6 pounds this week, yet this bozo doesn't get voted off? I'm truly disgusted with him and Brendan. Fredo should have gone home this week, not Anna! Anna worked her tail off to get back on the ranch, and worked hard to stay.

I used to love this show, now, it disgusts me. While I love Liz and am glad she stayed, I really feel that it was so wrong of them to send Anna home, especially when she accommodated everyone giving them the trainer they wanted during her first week back. She didn't deserve this. I have a soft spot for Liz- I have asthma like her and know her struggles. I know she's trying hard, and it's tough to watch her struggle like she does in all the challenges. At least she has a medical issue holding her back, what is Fredo's excuse? I'm sure either him or Brendan will be The Biggest Loser this year.

Most of the men on this show this year make me SICK. Just SICK. Game players and bullies. Eventually, they will turn on Liz and Ada, as they won't vote one another off. Disgusting pigs. This year's show can't end fast enough. Other than Adam, Rick, and Aaron, there really is no other guy I am rooting for now. Even Jesse sounds like a game player and a back stabber some nights when he's interviewed.

This years show makes me miss last years and the year before's shows. Different class of men on there...........

Last edited by Steelslady; 11-04-2010 at 09:59 AM.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:22 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 198.4/145/145

Height: 5'5

This is the first season I've watched TBL, so maybe it's because I can't compare it to previous seasons, but I like the show a lot. Even though I really don't like many of the contestants.

I have a strong dislike for Ada. She seems to have such a smug attitude about her progress compared to the other women's. I also dislike Elizabeth and Jessica. They both should have been voted off already! IMO, Elizabeth does seem to use her asthma as an excuse. I just knew her team would lose the marine challenge because of her. Every week I'm screaming at the TV for them to eliminate her. And Jessica seems to have a careless attitude. Anytime they're at the weigh-in and she has a really low number, she shrugs her shoulders and has an "oh well" look on her face. Like she doesn't care. Ugh.

With that said, the contestants I do like Aaron and Adam.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:16 PM   #134  
traveller chick

S/C/G: 80/79.5/65 (KG)

Height: 5'6''

Didnt like the last episode.... dont know... but Elizabeth really annoys me, and she struggled so much during the challenge and than she says "i am so proud of my changes.." .. (where???) ... grrrr she gets on my nerves..

p.s: I am also a latina... but she... just... grrr
Old 11-05-2010, 01:56 PM   #135  
Token Vulcan

I don't think Elizabeth's going anywhere soon, esp. once the teams split up and it's everybody for themselves. People will tend to vote off the stronger competition first, just like they did with Rick and Adam. That trio of men may act like an alliance but they are also each other's threats. They knocked off Rick and they'll knock off each other.

It seems kind of weird that they are halfway through the season. These guys are still pretty big.

I'm not liking this dangling of carrots in front of wannabe contestants, hoping to get on, getting so close and then getting sent home. Likewise, last season with the 2 teams that had to go home and come back, that one mom never got to spend a day there. I don't know. I mean, it doesn't seem like they totally abandon them (i.e., sending them to Fitness Ridge). I just wish they would pick the contestants and that's it...none of this making them pass another test or competition just to get on. There's just a cruelty to it.

Jillian and, in particular, Bob, come across differently on air now. More detached and, seemingly, more bored. I don't think he's been all that attached to any contestant (not even America's Choice "Bob and I have a special bond" Amanda) since season 7 (Mike, Felipe, Sione).