The actual diet

• Does anyone know the actual diet of the biggest loser. Is is calorie counting and if it is, how many calories a day for a woman?
  • They all eat 1200 or less...It seems very low especially when they are working out for 8hrs a day...but I read all about it, and I think there is a discussion somewhere on here about it.
  • Each contestant went through rigorous exams before beginning to make sure they did not have any health problems and the doctors felt confident they could withstand such an abnormal routine. They also have doctors and an ambulance on standby, and they have needed them. Plus they don't recommend the rest of us do what they do. I've also been told that while the show makes it look they are doing weekly weigh ins, the pre-taped shows are actually 2 weeks apart so the losses aren't as dramatic as they look but they are still too extreme for the rest of us.
  • In one of Jillians books she actually lays out the diet they go on before finale, but strongly emphasizes that its not recommended. It was basically no white stuff, all fish and veggies...blech.
  • which book does Jillian say what their diet is?

Suzanne, that's interesting it's 2 weeks in between weigh ins! Thanks for sharing.