The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 02-14-2010, 04:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 164/151/125

Height: 5'4"

Default BL contestants eating smoothies

So I saw a couple episodes ago Bob was talking to the girl from the purple team and one of the guys from the grey team (or it might have been the guy from the brown team) (lol sorry I forgot!) Anyways, he was talking to them because they were making the Yoplait frozen smoothie. It looked sooo good, low calories, and simple.

Has anyone tried this? If so, where did you buy it from??

Thanks!
Old 02-14-2010, 04:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

I haven't tried them but I've seen them in the freezer section of my Safeway.
Old 02-14-2010, 04:35 PM   #3  
~Veronica~

S/C/G: 277/264/252

Height: 5'8" Age:26

I have some in my freezer now! lol They are really good but honestly you can make the same thing if you bought some fruit and yogurt seperately and it would be much cheaper!

They are convenient and yummy though! I got mine in the freezer area at walmart and I'll probably buy them again.
Old 02-14-2010, 05:04 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'7.25"

They taste like sucralose but if you aren't bothered by artificial sweeteners or the fact that it is cheaper to just buy frozen mixed berries and yogurt it is very convenient to just pull one out and blend (there are two servings per pouch so be careful!). I happen to be a blending-fool and buy my frequently used ingredients in bulk (unsweetened frozen berries, chia seeds, manitoba harvest hemp powder, unflavored vega, organic baby spinach, whatever fresh fruit looks good (seasonal), cacao nibs).
Old 02-14-2010, 05:11 PM   #5  
is determined!

S/C/G: 208/194.5/130

Height: 5'6"

I haven't tried the yoplait ones, but make smoothies all the time with just fruit, ice and soymilk -- VERY simple and very tasty.
Old 02-14-2010, 05:13 PM   #6  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

I JUST finished drinking a smoothie - plain yogurt, soy milk, and frozen pineapple. The pineapple was so sweet I didn't need to add sugar or honey.
Old 02-14-2010, 05:14 PM   #7  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Height: 5'5

Hey I saw that episode too and was curious, but wondered if Yoplait was one of the yogurt companies that has aspartame or other sweetners in their products?? I work at a health food store and we make our smoothies that are delicious and healthy........nothing artifical. Just put yogurt (organic) and fresh (then freeze) fruit, and greens then blend whatever flavors or nutrients you want. Very easy and inexpensive.
Old 02-14-2010, 05:28 PM   #8  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 333/310/260

Height: 5'9"

Sandy, yep, they are full of all kinds of artificial and unnecessary ingredients (like sucralose, gelatin etc.). I say just use frozen fruit and yogurt instead of their pre packaged stuff if you want a fruit and yogurt smoothie!
Old 02-15-2010, 07:17 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 211/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Overpriced! Very small smoothies. I concur with the comments here - buy fruit and yogurt and make your own.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:13 PM   #10  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

it would be cheaper to make it on your own, but for convienence it works. I think they are tasty. I got them in the frozen fruit section at publix (the local grocery store).