The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 03-17-2010, 10:35 PM   #451  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomato View Post
In fact, I really had a problem with this 'slap on the wrist' from Curtis and I would have forgotten to comment if ViolinJenn had not mentioned it.
I NEVER remove skin from salmon. Personally, I prefer steaks to fillets (so typically when BF is here, we get one fillet for him and one steak for me) and I leave the skin on both. I see no reason to remove it - neither of us eats the skin and it holds the meat nicely together.
That part bugged me, too and if they had lost the challenge over that, I would have been really ticked. I always leave the skin on my salmon fillets, but I never EAT it. Does anyone? If I had been participating in that challenge, it would never even have occurred to me to remove the skin before serving it. I guess I never order it in restaurants, so don't know how it's 'properly' served.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:19 AM   #452  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LitChick View Post
That part bugged me, too and if they had lost the challenge over that, I would have been really ticked. I always leave the skin on my salmon fillets, but I never EAT it. Does anyone? If I had been participating in that challenge, it would never even have occurred to me to remove the skin before serving it. I guess I never order it in restaurants, so don't know how it's 'properly' served.
Yeah, I was surprised too, I was waiting for Curtis to say that it is a healthy fat. I usually look for it with the skin on. I've read cooking it with the skin on helps keep more of the omega 3s, and the grey stuff under the skin is where most of the EFAs are.

I was also surprised to see Jillian promoting milk... I remember when she did her radio show and in her Master Your Metabolism book she was all against the hormones in milk and said she would never drink it and recommended almond milk.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:09 AM   #453  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 333/310/260

Height: 5'9"

This is purely superficial, but I really do NOT like Sunshine's eyeshadow. She is so pretty but that eyeshadow!
Old 03-18-2010, 09:21 AM   #454  

S/C/G: 235/tracker/150

Height: 5.9

I was really rooting for the black team. I thought they would make it with the 5# advantage...guess they did too. The blue team is sooo annoying, with all their "team work". Sorry to be negative, but it just seams so stacked...

lukesmom
Old 03-18-2010, 10:25 AM   #455  
High school teacher

S/C/G: 220/190/150

Height: 5'6"

Yeah, Michael made sure that it was stacked. When he stepped on the scale, I was hoping that he didn't lose anything, but when it showed 11 pounds, I found myself being happy for him. Like Sam (yes, HOT!) said, it's not about black or blue.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:19 AM   #456  
Slow and Steady

S/C/G: 353/see ticker/178

Height: 5'11''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomato View Post
And what's up with Mr. Melissa MORGAN? The hair, ungroomed bear? Blech. So disgusting. Don't they have a barber (or access to one, here and there?)
I was thinking the same thing about a few of them. Darus's hair is out of control and so is Mike's But then I started thinking about previous shows and I think they do this on purpose until they get to makeover week, so their makeovers look even more incredible.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:10 PM   #457  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganizedChaos View Post
I was thinking the same thing about a few of them. Darus's hair is out of control and so is Mike's But then I started thinking about previous shows and I think they do this on purpose until they get to makeover week, so their makeovers look even more incredible.
I tend to agree....I think they want them looking as bad as possible before the makeovers. Especially the men, since (most times) there's not as much to DO with a guy during a makeover. Shave, haircut, clothes - that's it. With women it's in the clothes, the shoes, the hair, the makeup...more to do.

Last edited by MindiV; 03-18-2010 at 01:11 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:26 PM   #458  

S/C/G: 261/206/180

Height: 6'0

My pick for the winner of TBL is Darius. He is really flying under the radar. I love Steph, but I think that she will be the next one voted off if the black team loses again. I am just so happy that Sam and Steph are together....they are both such nice people!! I cried last night with Koli...you can tell how much this opportunity means to him. Oh. And Michael. SHAVE YOUR HAIR!
Old 03-19-2010, 06:09 PM   #459  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passionista View Post
This is purely superficial, but I really do NOT like Sunshine's eyeshadow. She is so pretty but that eyeshadow!

Yeah, it looks like it's from the 70s...and not in a good way.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:17 PM   #460  

S/C/G: 240/234/150

Height: 5'7"

Ringmaster - it surprised me too but I also remember her saying that she is required to do endoresements so she picks the lesser of the evils.
Its funny though if you watched close, how she just puts it against her lips without drinking any--- great endoresement BL lol
Old 03-23-2010, 07:09 PM   #461  
I need Motivation

S/C/G: 135/135/95

Height: 5'0

Yayy tonight is new episode. Excited! I really commend sam, he's the one who's successful the whole time. I just feel bad that the way the show is weighing so when he gains muscles it's bad.. when in reality it's really good
Old 03-23-2010, 09:05 PM   #462  
I need Motivation

S/C/G: 135/135/95

Height: 5'0

I extremely dislike Lance and Melissa, I think they are doing it mostly for the money so they are just plain conniving.. ... I think Sam should win the 10,000 ... but on the other hand, so glad KOLI won the challenge!!!! YAY karma for lance! lol

Last edited by kitkit; 03-23-2010 at 09:09 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:08 PM   #463  
Ilene the Bean

Thank GOODNESS Lance did not win that money and Koli did... I hope he gains weight this week for eating so many cupcakes...I also hope he gets voted off!!!

OFF WITH HIS HEAD !!!!

Last edited by Ilene; 03-23-2010 at 09:08 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:06 PM   #464  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Somehow, I had forgotten how very piercing & irritating Melissa MORGAN'S voice was, until I watched her antics & listened to her screaming while she was cheerleading for Lance during the marathon bike challenge. All I could think was: "Just shut up ... PLEASE ... Oh, NBC, please cut away quickly to the next contestant. Please. NOW!"
Old 03-23-2010, 10:21 PM   #465  

S/C/G: 168/159.5/140

Height: 5'8"

I am so sick of hearing "I need to be here, it's a matter of life and death!" Like what, as soon as you walk off the ranch you'll be force-fed cannolis? Give me a break.