The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 08-19-2009, 10:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

Talking He's Back!!

I just saw a preview for the next season of biggest loser.. & DAN is back!! He def. deserves to be!! He was my favoriteee last season and I'm soo happy he's back! It's gonna be a gooooooood season ya'll
Old 08-21-2009, 05:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

I was sooo happy to see him coming back for this season! Can't wait for the premiere! He definitely deserves it. Such an inspiration.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:35 PM   #3  
GO RED TEAM!!!!!!!

Height: 5"8

Default Total sweetie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayleystar View Post
I was sooo happy to see him coming back for this season! Can't wait for the premiere! He definitely deserves it. Such an inspiration.
I totally agree, he was my favorite last season along with Tara. I was so sad when he was voted off. I am so happy he never gave up and they are giving him a second chance.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

I love biggest loser! So, what is this season about is it about bring back people from previous seasons for a second chance? Im just asking cause i havent seen any of the previews yet.

Im so excited i cant wait for it too start and im more excited than usual because this time i will be working on losing weight too and for some reason im more excited for this season to start then in previous seasons because i am working on losing weight does that make any sense to you guys or am i just not making sense lol

Heather
Old 08-22-2009, 12:38 AM   #5  
GO RED TEAM!!!!!!!

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbieber2006 View Post
I love biggest loser! So, what is this season about is it about bring back people from previous seasons for a second chance? Im just asking cause i havent seen any of the previews yet.

Im so excited i cant wait for it too start and im more excited than usual because this time i will be working on losing weight too and for some reason im more excited for this season to start then in previous seasons because i am working on losing weight does that make any sense to you guys or am i just not making sense lol

Heather
Sixteen overweight people get the second chance at life through "The Biggest Loser" season 8. The reality show has announced the individuals who will compete in losing their body mass index and start a new chapter of their lives at the same time. "We looked for big personalities who are willing to inspire others," casting executive Allison Kaz said in TV Guide's August 24 issue. "They're tired of the life they're living."

The kind of "second chance" here varies in its essence. Abby Rike lost her husband and two children in a deadly car crash and is looking forward to reboot her life. Coming as her competitor is last season's heaviest contestant, Daniel Wright, who wants to continue his journey in losing more weight. There's also 19-year-old Amanda Arlauskas who was voted by viewers during the season 7 finale. She wants to attend her prom night in the way she's always dreamed of.

This season also brings in the heaviest contestant ever, Shauntina "Shay" Sorrells. Starting with 476 lbs, Shay is seeking redemption from her dark past that involved her heroine addict mother and her passing due to blood clot. "It was so clear to me that death was so imminent and so close for me because I'm heavier than she ever was," Shay told Access Hollywood.

These bunch of determined people will compete for the $250,000 grand prize under the training of Jillian Michaels and Bob Harper. The season debuts on September 15.

•Sean Algaier, a 29-year-old youth pastor from Tulsa, OK; Starting Weight: 444 lbs.
•Amanda Arlauskas, a 19-year-old patient care technician from Butler, NJ; Starting Weight: 250 lbs.
•Danny Cahill, a 39-year-old land surveyor and musician from Broken Arrow, OK; Starting Weight: 430 lbs.
•Mozziz "Mo" Dewalt, a 56-year-old youth mentor from Louisville, KY; Starting Weight: 355 lbs.
•Antoine Dove, a 23-year-old health insurance agent from Dudley, NC; Starting Weight: 367 lbs.
•Julio Gomez, a 40-year-old mortgage loan officer from Algonquin, IL; Starting Weight: 407 lbs.
•Dina Mercado, a 28-year-old custodian from Commerce, CA; Starting Weight: 253 lbs.
•Rebecca Meyer, a 25-year-old student/nanny from Des Moines, IA; Starting Weight: 279 lbs.
•Rudy Pauls, a 31-year-old engineer from Brooklyn, CT; Starting Weight: 442 lbs.
•Abby Rike, a 35-year-old teacher from Mabank, TX; Starting Weight: 247 lbs.
•Allen Smith, a 44-year-old firefighter/EMT from Columbus, IN; Starting Weight: 325 lbs.
•Shauntina "Shay" Sorrells, a 30-year-old social worker from Newport Beach, CA; Starting Weight: 476 lbs.
•Alexandra White, a 20-year-old students from Harrisburg, PA; Starting Weight: 209 lbs.
•Daniel Wright, a 20-year-old student from Willow Spring, NC; Starting Weight: 312 lbs.
•Liz Young, a 49-year-old salesperson from Lewisburg, TN; Starting Weight: 267 lbs.
•Tracey Yukich, a 37-year-old homemaker from Allen, TX; Starting Weight: 238 lbs.

Last edited by IgetfitNStrongforme; 08-22-2009 at 12:39 AM.
Old 08-22-2009, 08:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

I'm really excited for this season to start too! So glad Daniel is back. I saw him on a commercial promo last night and he looks really good compared to last season. He has done phenomenal on his own. Can't wait to see what he does at the ranch.

Has anyone heard how Max is doing?
Old 08-22-2009, 09:08 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Thanks IGetFit for the show info i am just so excited for the show to start i just cant wait!!
Old 08-23-2009, 05:05 AM   #8  
GO RED TEAM!!!!!!!

Talking New Cast Is Up At Bl Website

Hey All,

The have the Biggest Loser website up with the new contestants, here's the link: http://www.nbc.com/the-biggest-loser/

Last edited by IgetfitNStrongforme; 08-23-2009 at 05:08 AM.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:00 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 140/127/120

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for the info everyone! I love this show! ... can't wait for it to start up again. Dan is a cutie, glad to hear he's continuing his progress.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:55 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 212/ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

Me too! Thanks for the info!
I think this season will be good.
Wasn't Max the Mike's brother? I thought for for sure they'd bring him on the show for a season. I like to see it anyway.

~Suzie

Old 08-23-2009, 10:12 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Yeah, I saw that in TV Guide this week! I cant wait for the new season to start.

Max (Mikes brother) did a WL camp type thing this summer, and lost quite a bit of weight. You can follow him on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/p...li/83339334548 He's lost 98 lbs!
Old 08-23-2009, 07:08 PM   #12  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

oh i can't wait, those are some big starting #s again this season. I love this show. Hopefully I will be losing along with them this time.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:34 PM   #13  
My dream stomach!!

S/C/G: S/C/G: 152/ticker/129

Height: 5' 7"

I can't wait for BL to start either!! Those starting weights look like they are higher than ever. I love watching everyone lose the weight with diet and exercise!!

I'm excited to see that Dan is back too. I hated it that he wasn't around longer last season!!
Old 08-24-2009, 04:30 PM   #14  

Thanks for the info and the link....Wow, I am already rooting for Shay.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:15 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

I am rooting for Shay too! & Abbey as well. What a story of tremendous loss. I just can't imagine losing my whole family in an instant.