The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 09-23-2009, 04:51 PM   #1  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Weighing in on the Biggest Loser

That's the title of an article I thought some of you might enjoy reading. It's written from a fitness industry point on view, but you might find it interesting.

http://www.ideafit.com/fitness-libra...-biggest-loser
Old 09-23-2009, 06:33 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Wow that is a great article- I do agree they start out hard- starting out with that one mile challenge practically killed one of their contestants! I thought that was too much too soon- but that's just me.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:13 AM   #3  
Want2BeThin

S/C/G: 178.6/163.5/135

Height: 61.5 inches

I also thought the opening espisode of Biggest Loser was a tad extreme for these obese newcomers. Quite risky considering their 'poor' health.

Last edited by Want2BeThin; 09-25-2009 at 09:12 AM.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:25 AM   #4  

Since they have all had physicals and there are always medical personnel in attendance, I think the walk wasn't too much. The girl that got sun stroke was running at the beginning instead of walking and determined to win. She'd have been better off if she had walked.

They also don't exercise that hard all the time. You have to take into account there is a lot of hype for the cameras.