The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 10-08-2009, 12:51 PM   #121  
Token Vulcan

Did anybody notice Mike's brother, Max, in the commercial for the Biggest Loser resort, Fitness Ridge? He spent most of the summer there.

They never played the Jennie-O ad last week in my area with Mike & Ron. I even rewatched my tape. Must be certain areas only. I did see it at the Jennie-O site though.

So...if they are going to teams next week, Mo won't have to have Tracy as an albatross around his neck anymore.

LOL when Jillian compared Rudy to Roger. Roger was exactly who I thought of when I first saw Rudy...even more so when he got the blue shirt.

Don't esp care for pink team. Not really liking Rebecca and this whole "America chose Amanda" mention is getting old.

You know...I'm noticing there's been more of a disconnect this season between the trainers and the contestants. At first I wondered if it was just boredom, irritation, etc. on Jillian and Bob's part but I'm wondering also maybe it's been the fact that, up to now, they haven't been split up into the two camps. I mean, by this time in previous seasons we had seen Bob bonding with the Tongans, Jillian dealing with Michelle's mommy issues, etc.

Last edited by trekkiegirl; 10-08-2009 at 12:51 PM.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:25 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkiegirl View Post
this whole "America chose Amanda" mention is getting old.
I do like Amanda but the America's Choice thing really is getting old. I was rooting for the other girl, actually. :P Amanda's prom story didn't move me.

Anyway, Shay: I still can't stand this girl. I don't care how many people think she "needs to be there". I'm still bitter over her nasty attitude towards Julio a couple of weeks ago. Also, she's the one who wanted to give up the first week. Whaaaa whaaaa whaaaaa....all she does is complain and talk. I'm sick of hearing her voice. I want her gone. I'm very bummed that Dan is saddled with her.

She annoys me like Joelle and her partner from last season. I just got sick of hearing their voices...

Shut up, Shay! Better yet, go home!
Old 10-10-2009, 07:46 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Anyway, Shay: I still can't stand this girl. I don't care how many people think she "needs to be there". I'm still bitter over her nasty attitude towards Julio a couple of weeks ago. Also, she's the one who wanted to give up the first week. Whaaaa whaaaa whaaaaa....all she does is complain and talk. I'm sick of hearing her voice. I want her gone. I'm very bummed that Dan is saddled with her. She annoys me like Joelle and her partner from last season. I just got sick of hearing their voices...Shut up, Shay! Better yet, go home!
I feel the same way. At first I was really rooting for her but she really is so self involved it is amazing. I never saw her thank the red team for sacrificing themselves to save her. And all she does is judge and complain about everyone else. Worry about yourself girl! kwim. She is so stuck in the victim role the whining is getting old. Everyone needs to be there or they wouldn't have been chosen to be on the show.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:28 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshady View Post
I feel the same way. At first I was really rooting for her but she really is so self involved it is amazing. I never saw her thank the red team for sacrificing themselves to save her. And all she does is judge and complain about everyone else. Worry about yourself girl! kwim. She is so stuck in the victim role the whining is getting old. Everyone needs to be there or they wouldn't have been chosen to be on the show.
Of course I agree 100%!
Old 10-10-2009, 05:14 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 235/222/165

I finally got to watch this week's show. I agree Shay is annoying. and that was exactly what I was thinking......she needs to worry about herself. Daniel is definitely playing the game. Nothing wrong with that though.

On last week's show, my problem with tracy wasn't that she ate the cupcakes, it was that she purposely tried to sabotage multiple teams. There's nothing wrong with playing the game. She just had poor strategy by making so many teams angry with her.

Last edited by skinnyjeanz; 10-10-2009 at 05:14 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:22 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Is it just me or do all the contestants seem self-righteous this season? Why is anyone comparing who needs to be there more than others? I really dislike the elimination process. Why can't everyone stay? There would still be a biggest loser even if everyone got to stay on the ranch.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:29 PM   #127  
Owned by Dixie

I don't think there is anything wrong with compatition. I think ifeveryone stayed, contestants may not work as hard.

I like this group, but Shay is feeling entitled. she has everyone thinking that she needs to stay over everyone else and I think she is running with it and not working as hard.. it is a move BUT I have a hard time with it all, i want to slap them and say fight for yourself! you all need to fight! Also it is almost impossible for Shay to be the biggest loser this season so I am sure there is a no worries attitude from others.
Old 10-11-2009, 04:00 PM   #128  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

I hate to see them get eliminated just because I want to see everyone do really well. Although sometimes it seems like the ones that go home earlier tend to do a little better in the long run with keeping it off. I would like it if maybe the "eliminated" person doesnt go home they stay on the ranch but they are out of the money.
Old 10-11-2009, 04:52 PM   #129  
Lil' Old Chick

S/C/G: 229/206/150

I really feel bad for Dan not losing any weight this week, and the fear he has of being sent home again.
Old 10-11-2009, 05:27 PM   #130  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Too View Post
I really feel bad for Dan not losing any weight this week, and the fear he has of being sent home again.
I really think Dan played the game and took advantage of his immunity to waterload before weigh in. Not that I fault him for that, it would be stupid not to. As long as you dont over do it and go negative. Kind of surprised Shay lost as much as she did.
Old 10-11-2009, 05:29 PM   #131  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by L144S View Post
I don't think there is anything wrong with compatition. I think ifeveryone stayed, contestants may not work as hard.
The show spends 1 hour a week on weigh in and elimination. People go home because the producers think it makes for a better show.
Old 10-11-2009, 05:29 PM   #132  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

Mel - interesting idea, i have thought of that too, plus they would still be there to add lots of drama and infulence voters too!
Old 10-12-2009, 12:27 AM   #133  
Lil' Old Chick

S/C/G: 229/206/150

ennay, didn't someone else in an earlier show gain weight just to lose a ton the next week? Was it Matt? I liked him and Suzie.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:15 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Too View Post
ennay, didn't someone else in an earlier show gain weight just to lose a ton the next week? Was it Matt? I liked him and Suzie.
Karen-I think your right but then last year they pulled some crap. I can't remember who it was. But they had won immunity but then lost it because they gained weight at the weigh in.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:46 PM   #135  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Neil waterlogged and gained some astronomical amount...like 16 lbs?? I think Bob's head truly did spin around a couple of times when he found out.