The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 10-19-2009, 06:47 AM   #166  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Angry

I'm just now getting to last weeks BL and let me just say, if they want me to stop watching the show, they are doing a dang good job of it! GIVING (yes I said GIVING) Tracy the power to to choose for everyone on that team is NUTS! They give the craziest, most psychotic, unstable person the power to choose and make important decisions for EVERYONE else? WTF?!!!!! If it weren't for Abby, I'd soooooooooo be done with this crap and when and if she goes, I go right along with her. There are better things I can be watching or doing with my time. I am so over this show....Seriously....Why watch something that infuriates me this much???? Screw it.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:27 PM   #167  
Graceful Loser

All of the stuff in last week's episode was very exciting and all.. but I nearly screamed at my TV in anger when contestants were forced to eat extremely high calorie cake, donuts, and cupcakes. I was so angry that I could hardly continue watching. I thought it was a horrible idea. :/
Old 10-19-2009, 02:07 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

I fast forward through a LOT of TBL (just TOO drawn out!) so I didn't notice...did they HAVE to eat what they uncovered, or could they refuse and be out of the contest?

I saw it more as a personal choice...they could've chosen NOT to eat the food very easily. I was more upset that Tracey won....but I had a hard time coming up with HOW it could've been set up for her to get it. I came up with nothing...seemed like a fluke to me...a very upsetting fluke...
Old 10-19-2009, 02:48 PM   #169  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Height: 5'6"

The idea of that temptation challenge was that if you decided to play, you HAD to eat what was uncovered. Otherwise it couldn't be much of a "challenge" if you could just spin and not eat it if it wasn't the golden ticket or $1000 or something else valuable. That's what made it a tough choice, and that's why Abby chose not to participate in the temptation challenge.

Where I thought they messed up was that EVERYONE who chose to play should have had to have one spin -- even after Tracey won the golden ticket. The people after her in line had neither the chance to win $1000, nor did they have to face the consequences of uncovering and having to eat something with a lot of calories.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:51 PM   #170  
Excited!

S/C/G: 260/See Ticker!/150

Height: 5'2''

Mindi! I tend to agree! I usually work late on Tuesday nights so I've always had to TiVo the episode, and it wasn't until last week that I realized how much I fast forward through the show! It is SO long and and drawn out... it's not dramatic like the would want, it's just annoying!
Old 10-20-2009, 09:19 AM   #171  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Angie and I dvr BL and usually fast forward through it...so much repeat before and after the commercials....

now if I can just figure out how to get that circle, that blocks out faces, over Tracey to work....
Old 10-20-2009, 04:19 PM   #172  
Lose the holiday lbs!

S/C/G: 174/163.8/150

Height: 5.7 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
now if I can just figure out how to get that circle, that blocks out faces, over Tracey to work....
LOL!!
---
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindiV View Post
I was more upset that Tracey won....but I had a hard time coming up with HOW it could've been set up for her to get it. I came up with nothing...seemed like a fluke to me...a very upsetting fluke...
i was thinking the same thing ! thinking maybe there was a person underneath the table that was moving it hahahahaha

that was really funny how Tracey won the challenge, and the show trying to make it seem like all supernatural and stuff. was funny !!

Quote:
GirlyGirlSebas
It gives me my "reality" fix while also letting me see people lose weight and have miraculous transformations. In my book, it's all good!
i agree i love seeing them lose weight, gives me motivation to push myself. and love seeing the transformations. so inspiring!
Old 10-20-2009, 04:26 PM   #173  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angee phalangee View Post
I totally had a crush on Mike, too! He was SO sweet. I need to figure out how to "bump" into him somewhere...hahaha.
lol mike is gorgeous!! when he lost all that weight, i thought WOW, he's really changed. he has a youtube video where he talks about his views on the latest shows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXHu3...eature=related

Last edited by Echo; 10-20-2009 at 04:28 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:33 PM   #174  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveLHaelf View Post
bob re think clapping and just shakes his head. It's pretty bad when even the trainers don't like you....

It's crazy how BOTH the teams that came to her and asked her for help got the opposite of what they wanted.

I love how Jillian practically shunned her!
i know i noticed that too about bob about to clap but then didnt. i still cant believe how much weight shes losing without any exercise. its amazing
Old 10-20-2009, 05:07 PM   #175  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgetfitNStrongforme View Post
Here are some of the links:

http://www.reality-tv-online.com/blo...ng-team-drugs/

http://www.bittenandbound.com/2009/0...investigation/

http://community.livejournal.com/ohn.../35658037.html

http://evilbeetgossip.film.com/2009/...ggest-druggie/

There is also youtube footage of an interview where she says all these things on video, she waited until after the final and let both cousins have it. They are total jerks, not at all how the show made them come off, it was all editing to make them seems so nice. That is why I think Tracey is unbalanced, and as the Producers have dealt with unbalanced people before they probably have decided to pull the plug right away. Remember what Jillian said that Tracey is BANANAS.......
Thanks for the links. I hated the cousins attitude towards Jillian!! really made me angry, especially when they ran to bob and were swearing about Jillian! and Bob just stood there and didnt defend Jillian. which i found suprising.

Last edited by Echo; 10-20-2009 at 05:14 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:25 PM   #176  
GO RED TEAM!!!!!!!

Height: 5"8

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo View Post
Thanks for the links. I hated the cousins attitude towards Jillian!! really made me angry, especially when they ran to bob and were swearing about Jillian! and Bob just stood there and didnt defend Jillian. which i found suprising.

It's all editing Bob and Jillian are tight from what I understand. I am sure he defended her but they couldn't show all that was said, becauase at the point Flipe had acussed Jillian of doping the team and Jillian was like I am not training that SOB. That whole fight at the dinner table after the black team got back from that overnight treat was Flipe fliping out from what I heard because Jillian said you're right I was ignoring you and I am not going to train you anymore but they edited that all out. The whole campus was shut down for week during the investigation.

With that said I am really excited about this evenings episode even though they are sending them home for a week. I don't like when they are sent home because it makes for boring TV. But these contestants can't perform the phyical challenges as seasons past as it might kill them.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:22 PM   #177  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

Shay has a husband and step children?! I don't want to hear any more crap about she has no one to support her at home. She has a family, she has friends, just like everyone else.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:50 PM   #178  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aclai4067 View Post
Shay has a husband and step children?! I don't want to hear any more crap about she has no one to support her at home. She has a family, she has friends, just like everyone else.

I thought the SAME thing! She has never mentioned them, or at least the editing has never mentioned her husband and step kids. I was thinking, who are these people? Her brother and nephews? Then it said her husband and I was like "What?!?!"

I have to root for Daniel because he is from my hometown. He seems like a good kid, and my goodness he has made such progress from the start. But Rudy is my favorite. He just kicks butt every week, and he's so nice and quiet. Abby makes me cry like a baby still. My heart breaks for her every time the camera shows her.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:04 AM   #179  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by onic28 View Post
Mindi! I tend to agree! I usually work late on Tuesday nights so I've always had to TiVo the episode, and it wasn't until last week that I realized how much I fast forward through the show! It is SO long and and drawn out... it's not dramatic like the would want, it's just annoying!
Yeah I watch it on the treadmill and it's usually and hour and 25 mins blipping past the commercials. Sheeze!
Old 10-21-2009, 01:26 AM   #180  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Why do people dislike Dina? It seems like they all think she was unsupportive