Questions on Diet & Exercise for Jillian Michaels

• Hi Jillian,

I heard that you read this thread so I hope that you can help? I had sent to this question into KFI but then a few days later you took a break from the show. I hope someday you return, we never missed a Sunday it was great.

I will set the question up first: I have lost over 90 pounds since last September and have been exercising (cardio) everyday as of 2/28/09. I am now up to 110 minutes of cardio a day, but for the past few weeks my sweat has been smelling like ammonia about 50 minutes into my workout. I do have lunch a mix of protein, fat and good carbohydrates about 30 minutes before I workout. I have read a few of the post about ammonia smelling sweat, but that happens to athletes that start burning muscle. But the problem is I still have well over 60 pounds to lose so my body shouldn't be burning muscle but fat reserves, RIGHT?

I eat 1500 calories a day, 34 years old, 5'8 and weigh 200 lbs. I had blood tests done and my liver funtion is great.

Thank you Kate
  • Hi Kate and welcome to 3FC!

Jillian Michaels became a member here and posted for a few months back in 2005 when she was promoting a book that had just been published. Unfortunately, she hasn't logged in since late in 2005 so I don't think she'll see your question.

My suggestion is to post your question in our Weight Loss Support forum and you should get a better response. I'd hate to see your question just languish here.

Congratulations on your wonderful weight loss and we're all looking forward to getting to know you!
  • Thank you
    Thanks for the welcome and reply. I will try there.