The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 05-13-2009, 12:31 PM   #181  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmom View Post
I don't see that style at all when I look at you Dee! Plus even so, it's not the complete effect unless you have gone platinum blonde overnite or choose the skunk streaks that Kate G favors! It's a combo look, not just the cut.
My avatar is before the last cut (and oddly I can't change it this morning). I promise to never try platnium or streaks. I don't want to hijack the thread, I'll post a new pic over on one of the usual threads.

I'm thrilled that an older woman won BL, but I wish it had been a different older woman. And Jerry was odd.

I'd bet both Mike and Helen have loose skin issues. At one point during Tara's weigh-in the camera caught Helen in a sideways stance, and you could see what looked like a roll. Obviously not a fat roll at 117 lbs, but it could have been skin. Not sure if they can wear Spanx under their weigh-in clothes.

Last edited by dixied; 05-13-2009 at 12:32 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:35 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

you know they were probably all mostly dehydrated. I would assume that was Jerry's issue, that and nerves. hopefully they all got some Gatorade after the show
Old 05-13-2009, 12:39 PM   #183  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bindersbee View Post
I think they had Mike in a girdle when he was in his street clothes because his chest was sort puffed up weird. I suspect he has some loose skin issues around the middle.
I totally agree...and he walked kinda funny...sort of wiggled his lower half.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:48 PM   #184  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow650 View Post
you know they were probably all mostly dehydrated. I would assume that was Jerry's issue, that and nerves. hopefully they all got some Gatorade after the show
The real weigh ins were probably done off camera like they do with the show episodes so there would be no reason for them not to eat and drink through the day of the finale.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:54 PM   #185  

I really wanted Mike to win but I'm okay with Helen. I am glad Tara lost. She was getting too cocky thinking no one could beat her. Helen is too thin for a fact. Her face looks terrible. I hope Mike gets some product endorsements at least. He wants to be a doctor and that's going to take a lot of money. I think Max will be a contestant next season. Poor kid is going to have to work a lot harder because he has his Dad and his brother to live up to.

Aubrey will be like a lot of people, making excuses and gaining it all back. You would think she'd be preparing healthy meals and teaching her kids good eating habits so they didn't have to go through what she has.

One thing about Jerry winning, maybe now people see that it can be done at home since he only had the ranch for 2 weeks. He must have learned something there.

Anyone know when the next season starts?
Old 05-13-2009, 01:41 PM   #186  
Empress/Queen

My general conclusion during the regular season is the weigh-ins are done 20 minutes or so before the one filmed, so if they held true to that procedure with this one, the contestants might actually have refrained from eating or hydrating that day, which definitely could explain Jerry's kind of "off" mood.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:44 PM   #187  
Empress/Queen

Dixied, I love your hair style.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:51 PM   #188  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

I still think Jerry was drunk...LOL His wife however looked really good. She actually looked younger to me.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:55 PM   #189  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Jillian said on her radio show that the WI is done in the morning, the contestants meet with the Drs. have blood test,blood pressure, and all kinds of other tests and they can then pick the order for WI at night. It also explains how the confetti last night was pink and why the camera cut right to helen at the WI last night. No suprises for the producers at all.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:15 PM   #190  
From squishy to buff.....

S/C/G: 325/145/165

Height: 5'9"

I was really annoyed at the outcome last night. I wanted Mike to win. When Helen came out, my immediate thought was that she looked anorexic. Her head looked too big for her body, and she was holding herself weird, like she was posing but not very well. I'm guessing she's at least 5'7" since she was the same height in her flip flops as Ali in her heels. At that height, 117 is waaay to thin.

I have a love/hate relationship with the show; I get so frustrated with what the producers put the contestants through (switching trainers, some of the challenges, etc.) but I get sucked in and want to see what happens. Not sure yet if I'll watch next season.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:31 PM   #191  
Empress/Queen

, Jerry did seem a little drunk, actually.

That's funny about the pink confetti. It was white on my TV, maybe they are showing different versions of the show in different markets. Or maybe my TV is out of whack.

I never thought of Helen as tall, she seems much shorter at least than Tara and shorter than her daughter.

I didn't realize her weight was 117, wasn't paying that much attention after Mike didn't win.

That seems like a generally healthy weight to me, but everyone looks at weight differently and has different perceptions, I guess, as to whether other people look or are too heavy, too thin or just right. I know for me it seems to have to do with how I am feeling personally at a given moment and how I view myself.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:33 PM   #192  
Empress/Queen

Smile

She did look good and happy. She seemed a little nervous about Jerry, though.

I'm glad they won that money. They seem like nice people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Bell View Post
I still think Jerry was drunk...LOL His wife however looked really good. She actually looked younger to me.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:57 PM   #193  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
everyone in my house said, yes, he's lost all those problems but now he's CRAZY! That man was a freaking LOON out there - maybe drinking or maybe just mental, but my gosh. Even his wife had to calm him down and get him to listen at one point and then drag him off the stage to change. When they announced him at 64 half way thru (the bday), I was like really??? He looks 74. He looked awful.

They ALL looked odd, even Tara. She had some kind of a comb back from her crown that made her hair look like a wig. She looks completely different in the face. Yikes.

OMG out of the mouth of babes -- she totally summed it up though!!! These "reverse mullets" as I call them and the Kate Goslin haircuts - I mean, who really wants to emulate Kate Goslin?
You are cracking me up!!! I TOTALLY agree with all you said. Tara = Freak...Jerry=Odd Freak....Yeah WHO DOES what to look like Kate??

Quote:
It just occurred to me, and I hope it's not true, but i wonder if Helen went back to smoking once she got home. could help in the weight loss......... I only even say this bc she fell so quickly back to it during that one nite out drinking WITH the team-mates. What would home present in the way of challenge?
I wouldn't be surprised...that and starving herself!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by micasa2grls View Post
Helen definitely has a banging body now. I hate that they keep pointing out her age. I am 32 but I do NOT see 48 as that old, not at all. If she were closer to 60 then I would see it but I know plenty of people in their mid to late 40's that are very active or who have lost weight. So to point out her age as a factor...I hated that.

Poor Dan and Dave. Well, not so much Dan because he lost a ton of weight, at least he is trying. But if I were Dave, I wouldn't have even bothered to show up. Jeez, has he even tried?

And Aubrey....I dunno. She didn't lose that much at all. I feel like she is holding on to the "mother of 5" excuse too much. My sister has 5 kids and works full time but she still takes her butt to the gym every night after work for an hour.
I am almost Helen's age and NOBODY thinks I look as old as her. Yeah she's in her late 40's and lost lots of weight, BUT, she looks creepy and OLD.

I don't know why Dave showed up....probably because it was in the contract.

Aubrey...When she walked out, I thought she was PREGNANT!!! I know it must be hard with all that she has on her plate, but I thought for sure, Allyson was going to say Aubrey was preggers!!!!!
Old 05-13-2009, 04:22 PM   #194  

S/C/G: 213/ticker/155

Height: 5'9"

Ugh! Well, I watched one entire season of TBL... that's enough for me. I loved watching them lose weight and push themselves in the gym and challenges, that was awesome, but the rest of it, ugh! I can't stand the slimy producers, with all the product placements and flat-out lies about how long things took or whether or not someone actually did what they show them as doing... the fact that Helen won by being UNHEALTHY just seals the deal for me, I can't watch any more of this show.

Does anyone else watch 30 Rock? Whenever Jack or the other GE bigwigs try to slip in more product placements and "synergy", I'm like, aaaaagh! This is actually happening!!! :P
Old 05-13-2009, 04:56 PM   #195  

S/C/G: 209/174/155

Height: 5'6"

I saw an add last night for a new show on Oxygen called 'dance your a** off' It is a combo of TBL and dancing with the stars. I wonder how that one will be.

I just started watching TBL in February. I am so glad I did not see the whole season. Way way way too much drama. I get hooked though. I dvr or tivo it and skip alot though, it helps with all that stuff.

Congrats to all of the contestants who lost so much weight. It is so great to see. I think Mandi looked fabulous. She was my favorite. I hope they all feel some self acomplishment today!

I live 30 minutes from Greenville, WI and my hair is straigh, long and all one color. Not sure where Kristen goes for her hair. Plus they way she talks, I am not sure I know many people who talk like that either. I am not sure what is up with her but she did lose an amazing amount of weight.