The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 12-10-2008, 02:46 PM   #16  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

I posted a LONG post on the other thread! So or your reading enjoyment I have copied it over
Also at the bottom are the weight loss amounts to get to the magic 50%

Well H has little chance to catch up to the % of Michelle or Vicky and it is unlikely she would lose the 60+ lbs she would have to to get to a 50% loss. Ed has to lose somethng like 84lbs to reach the 50% while V and M have to lose somewhere in the high 40's.

I just thought that ED was so stupid to throw away his chance. He may be selfless but he just gave up in my view taking Heba with him.

I don;t like some of the things Heba has done this season and I don't think she had a clue at the time what hitching herself to Vicky would mean when the show aped vs taired. That said, I think once ed came back Heba became more likeable and I think he grounds her and she really has not said anything nasty since he came back.

It also agrivated me that Vicky learned not one thing and is coming out the other side the same person she went in only thinner. Maybe if she has read the internet, and my guess is she has because she is that kind of person (PS I would too) she knows that the posting public does not like her one bit. I did not really understand when she said to bob she "got it" because everythng she said and done contradicted that statement not just once but all the time even on the show last night about not eating vetables and eating out all the time. Does she remember that Brady went home and continued to lose weight? Does she even concider that HE already started the changes with the kids? GEEZZ!!!! So self absorbed!

If Vicky wins, and it is NOT my money, she will have won for most weigh lost, but as all of us who struggle here we know that the money will never buy her a clue into what it means to LIVE this day in and day out. She will not be a spokeswoman for me and I would not tune in to listen to her about how she changed her life because I am not sure she has.

On the revese side. Michelle has an engaging personality and while watching her watch her video, she was just beautiful in seeing herself change into a new person. I thik she is a lot like Ali who just "got it".

-L
Well to reach that magic 50% ...

Vicky needs to lose 47 more pounds

Ed needs to lose 84 more pounds

Heba needs to lose 70 more pounds

Michelle needs to lose 41 more pounds
Old 12-10-2008, 02:56 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

DId anyone else think that Vicky was trying to throw the challenge by walking it? I just knew that SHE thought she KNEW that they would have to do it again and the real winner would be the one who took the most time off their first run (think the football challenge). I really felt strongly that was the only reason she was walking when everyone else could run, i mean, did you see her smile and gleam when they were describing the prize - she would have done anything to win it and even said so! I was so glad to see that nbc did not play the game that way yesterday.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:13 PM   #18  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly315 View Post
haha...but seriously, tell me about it. What was NBC thinking when they chose her to be on this show???
Geez.
They were thinking: "She will make good TV."

Unfortunately, as a human being, she sucks.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:16 PM   #19  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Do you think any of them will really get to the 50% mark. I seem to recall that last season Ali lost 12 lbs at home and Roger lost 6? Ali couldnt possibly have lost any more, I think since then she has put back on 10 lbs intentionally.

I thought they either got 6 weeks or 3 months at home...cant remember, I didnt think it was 4 months.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:18 PM   #20  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmom View Post
DId anyone else think that Vicky was trying to throw the challenge by walking it? I just knew that SHE thought she KNEW that they would have to do it again and the real winner would be the one who took the most time off their first run (think the football challenge). I really felt strongly that was the only reason she was walking when everyone else could run, i mean, did you see her smile and gleam when they were describing the prize - she would have done anything to win it and even said so! I was so glad to see that nbc did not play the game that way yesterday.

I think early on she figured out she had no shot against Ed or Michelle so she just phoned it in. For all her talk about how hard she works, I never saw her push herself hard without Bob in her face. Hopefully when she gets home she wont be able to push herself either.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:16 PM   #21  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

I think they have another 4 months at home before the finally.
What they can't factor in is how the public will see them when they get home because the show has not aired.

When they left the ranch ED and Heba may have assumed that the public would love heba and vicky and want to see them in the final together, maybe Ed did not work that hard...then about 6 weeks ago when Heba and vicky exploded on phil and Amy and then Vicky and Brady started water logging to change the WI the game was on and Vicky/Brady and Heba came off as not very nice people. The contestants had all been home by then now watching the show and seeing the web reaction. it was about then that Vicky made her myspace page a read only and comment would be aproved first. Heba and ed went completely private.

It may have been about then that Ed had to kick it into high gear because the public liked him but not his wife.

Is it possible to hit 50%? many contestants have and in the last 2 years all of them have and the winner may have been over 50% and of the twins the at home lost more than his brother the winner.

AND even if Heba hits 50% it will not be the end for her, but % makes it fair. I remember the first 2 seasons were only by weight and second was men against women and there was no way which was why Bob's team won
Old 12-11-2008, 06:31 PM   #22  
Token Vulcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennay View Post
Do you think any of them will really get to the 50% mark. I seem to recall that last season Ali lost 12 lbs at home and Roger lost 6? Ali couldnt possibly have lost any more, I think since then she has put back on 10 lbs intentionally.
I thought they either got 6 weeks or 3 months at home...cant remember, I didnt think it was 4 months.
Roger lost 20 pounds before the finale, all of which, plus 1 more, he gained back. He had set the record for on campus weight lost at 144 (at the finale the figure was 164) and when he was on Oprah earlier this year, they said Roger lost 143 pounds. He gained back at least 21 pounds.

Ali was 122 on the finale and 125 on Oprah. Jay gained a little back as well. Mark had a greater weight gain but it suited him. IIRC, he was in the 150s for the finale and he was 189 on Oprah. He's more broad-shouldered and muscular-looking now than he was at the finale.

I like Ed, though I'm kinda disappointed that he threw the game to try to secure the spot for Heba. But that being said, I do believe he wanted it more for her than himself. Not that I think he doesn't care about losing weight himself--he does and it really seems like he's implementing changes with both his habits and his cooking--I just think the finale and the "biggest loser" title mean more to her than to him. He's obviously devoted to his wife, can't fault him for that. I am very curious about how both of them will look next week. Ed's elimination video said he wanted to be 180 by the finale, which, if he succeeds in reaching at least that, would give him roughly a 47% loss.

At this point, I don't know if the public does like Ed better than Heba. I think, unfortunately for him, he's gotten a bum rap for any number of reasons that have nothing to do with his behavior. He's married to Heba, he's wearing a blue shirt, he's not opposed Vicky, some folks still have him and Brady confused. It was like Brady left and Ed replaced him and they're transferring the negative stuff they were saying about Brady to Ed when he wasn't even there that whole time of the fighting and was never shown to be mean or bullying. I've also seen around the net some slurs because he's Southern and the way he talks they think makes him sound stupid. A lot of people seem to be voting for Ed, not because of Ed, but as an anti-Heba vote, and a way of not giving them want they want.

You know, I found absolutely nothing from or about Brady after he went home. Usually, interviews and articles would be online within a day or two on the others but there was nothing from Brady. I wonder how the audience at he finale is going to react to Vicky and if they'll be warned beforehand to not boo or anything.

Last edited by trekkiegirl; 12-12-2008 at 12:08 AM.
Old 12-12-2008, 08:53 PM   #23  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Just saw this listed on Bob's myspace profile:

HEBA WORKED SO HARD THIS SEASON AND DESERVES TO GET MY VOTE AND AMERICA'S VOTE...PLEASE VOTE FOR HER!!!!
Old 12-12-2008, 09:32 PM   #24  
Takin' charge of my life!

so I'm hoping this is good news

Vicky's status on Myspace: "Biggest Loser Vicky tried on her heels for the finale and still can't walk in them from the broken foot. Bummer!!! I refuse to wear a "hot" dress with a cast!"
Old 12-12-2008, 09:59 PM   #25  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi18 View Post
so I'm hoping this is good news

Vicky's status on Myspace: "Biggest Loser Vicky tried on her heels for the finale and still can't walk in them from the broken foot. Bummer!!! I refuse to wear a "hot" dress with a cast!"
She's such a manipulative schemer that she's probably either a) faking it to justify not loosing at home or b) doesn't really have a broken foot, trying to lure Michelle into a false sense of security.

This show has made me cynical, hasn't it?
Old 12-13-2008, 12:46 AM   #26  
Token Vulcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerChic View Post
Just saw this listed on Bob's myspace profile:

HEBA WORKED SO HARD THIS SEASON AND DESERVES TO GET MY VOTE AND AMERICA'S VOTE...PLEASE VOTE FOR HER!!!!
TV Guide (this week's I think?) mentioned that Heba is Bob's favorite.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:57 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 210/178/130

Height: 5' 7"

I know that a lot of people were put off this season by Vicky and her scheming ways but when she loses it will just be sweeter for whoever wins, that is..I hope she loses, someone like that doesn't deserve to win on a show that is really more than the weightloss and should show a complete life change, she just hasn't changed.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:46 PM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixied View Post
She's such a manipulative schemer that she's probably either a) faking it to justify not loosing at home or b) doesn't really have a broken foot, trying to lure Michelle into a false sense of security.

This show has made me cynical, hasn't it?
I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if it is somehow more game play. Call me cynical, too!
Old 12-16-2008, 03:35 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 250/173.6/145

Height: 5'7"

I'm glad it will be over tonight. I'm tired of these contestants and didn't really enjoy this season that much.

Hopefully next season will be better!
Old 12-16-2008, 07:11 PM   #30  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

45 minutes till the finale! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and I hope Michelle takes home the Biggest Loser title.