The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 12-17-2008, 08:41 AM   #46  
Empress/Queen

I am looking forward to next season and am glad we won't have long to wait.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:46 AM   #47  
Empress/Queen

Re Heba and Ed, I agree that the outcome would have been a lot different if they hadn't done the "Heba deserves this, vote for Heba, she's the one!"

It would have so redeemed the impression Heba left with viewers had she graciously countered Ed's plea to vote for her with a plea to vote for Ed and a praise of her beloved spouse as a wonderful, deserving person, as he did for her. But instead, she kind of said yah yah he's nice and wants me to win because I deserve it.

That was really irritating. Anyhow, she did look amazing and she would have won.

Last edited by Amarantha2; 12-17-2008 at 08:47 AM.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:14 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

That was a great season finale last night. I loved the look on Heba's face when she didn't get to go on because she came prepared to win the whole thing. She did look amazing last night and so I was okay with her winning the $100,000. She lost it, she deserved it. I thought Amy P and Phil were both too gaunt last night. It will be interesting to see if they maintain their losses or if they put some weight back on.

I was very happy for Michelle and she achieved a reasonable weight.

They all lost so much weight this season. I wonder how many will be able to maintain what they had to do to lose so much in such a short period of time. I'd like to see more about how all the previous participants are doing with maintaining.

Looking forward to the next season which is just a few weeks away. Yay!
Old 12-17-2008, 10:37 AM   #49  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

I am soooo glad Michelle won. She had the best 'spirit' of all the finalists.

Heba needed a much better bra! I know that things get "saggy" but....sheesh! Other than that, she looked really good.

My TiVo died at the 45 minute mark. I was soooo mad! I have now set it to record the rerun on Fine Living Network on Saturday.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:18 PM   #50  
Momma on a Mission

Height: 5'8"

I am so happy this season is done and the new season is on the way.

I stopped watching, but my DVR kept recording, so I sat down over the weekend watched the episodes I missed. I was so glad that in one episode Bob called Vicky out about her game play versus life change. That redeemed a lot of the season for me- Even if I still disliked Vicky, Ed and Heba.

I love Michelle, she has the most class. If either of the other 3 had won, I would have been very upset. I know the new season is already in production, but I hope NBC gets the message that fans want a show about people changing their lives, not a bunch of Survivor rats and snakes. (I love Survivor too, but just not in The Biggest Loser).

In the end, I hope everyone maintains a healthy weight and lives happily ever after. But then again this is reality television we are talking about!
Old 12-17-2008, 01:23 PM   #51  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnheart View Post
I am so happy this season is done and the new season is on the way.

I stopped watching, but my DVR kept recording, so I sat down over the weekend watched the episodes I missed. I was so glad that in one episode Bob called Vicky out about her game play versus life change. That redeemed a lot of the season for me- Even if I still disliked Vicky, Ed and Heba.

I love Michelle, she has the most class. If either of the other 3 had won, I would have been very upset. I know the new season is already in production, but I hope NBC gets the message that fans want a show about people changing their lives, not a bunch of Survivor rats and snakes. (I love Survivor too, but just not in The Biggest Loser).

In the end, I hope everyone maintains a healthy weight and lives happily ever after. But then again this is reality television we are talking about!
mtnheart! We are practically neighbors! I live about 20 minutes from you!
Old 12-17-2008, 02:16 PM   #52  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimphin View Post
I am soooo glad Michelle won. She had the best 'spirit' of all the finalists.

Heba needed a much better bra! I know that things get "saggy" but....sheesh! Other than that, she looked really good.

My TiVo died at the 45 minute mark. I was soooo mad! I have now set it to record the rerun on Fine Living Network on Saturday.
NO KIDDING! That was the first comment out of my mouth! LOL Get those babies up and out girl!! She did look good, I'll have to admit, and if she hadn't been such a B to Phil I would be proud of her. But she needs a bra shopping lesson.

Speaking of Phil...WOW, He looked GREAT. Someone earlier said they though he looked too thin, but I was shocked at how good he looked. I'm not a big shaved head fan, but it looked really good on him. I think he looked pretty hot... But me and my whole family was glad Michelle won. She's such a beautiful woman. Everyone looked great, but I was really hoping the big T and LT would have lost a little more. I don't think they tried very hard after they were sent home so early.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:37 PM   #53  
Shooting for the moon

S/C/G: 210/151/140

Height: 5' 5.5"

I made the bra comment to DH right away. He said "Well she has lost a ton of weight of course her skin is loose" - um yeah. - So is mine! that's why I wear a bra!
Old 12-17-2008, 03:40 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 227.4/227.4/150

Height: 5'1"

I actually had knots in my stomach about the thought of Icky or Ed taking the big prize-I was afraid of the "nice guys finish last" thing might happen, plus it may promote future players to play like Icky, Brady, Heba, and Ed.
i hope the future contestants get back to real meaning of this show-changing their lives.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:15 PM   #55  
Momma on a Mission

Height: 5'8"

Hi Diva-

I have been born and raised here. I travel alot and its the greatest place to live, just wish we had a bit more snow and maybe a beach house sometimes.

Lori Bell-

My hubby has the same hair thing going on that Phil had during the show and he has been begging to shave it. I have been saying no way, but after seeing Phil last night, I am really considering it. I agree, he looked great. The best of all the guys.

I wished Amy or Phil would have won the $100,000, but like someone else said Heba worked and earned the $100,00.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:49 PM   #56  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Yes, Heba did look good, so I think she deserved the at-home prize. I think it all worked out great with Michelle winning Biggest Loser. I do agree though that I would have liked to have seen Amy or Phil take home something, but not everyone can win the money.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:34 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 270/252.0/150

Height: 5'7

I thought Amy looked amazing in her red dress!
I just love it when they wear something other than black.

H would of looked a lot better had she gotten a decent bra. I think she was about to cry also when she didn't get the vote.

And I think it was crappy of NBC to try and make Icky out to be a human the last few episodes. All her crying, fear of dropping into the water, wah, wah, wah. And that shout out to "Phillip". PPPLLLEEEAAASSEEEE!! Who does she think she fooling?

I thought Brady had a major attitude last night.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:36 PM   #58  
Token Vulcan

I was glad Ed was one of the final three (not that there was much doubt about it given voting, lol) but I wish it had come about a different way. Anyway, I knew overall this would be one good-looking group at the finale!

I do have to hand it to Heba. She looked great. If she'd behaved differently on the show, she probably would be TBL now. And Ed did look good.

Yeah, the Toms don't appear to have done as much at home, LT looked like he even gained?

Just some random thoughts and observations...

The whole show seemed kind of awkward...flubs with names, the 2-near plops on the floor, the tension hanging in the air, first with the Ed/Heba result, then Brady, Phil and Amy having to stand together, then Vicky.

Bernie with a mohawk??? Oy. Brittany looked like she gained a little back.

LT dressed like he was going to the mall or something. And he gave Ed a big ole hug at the end. Guess he's not mad anymore.

Phil and Heba hugged when she won the $100,000. Another unexpected moment. Interesting that Bob said Heba was his favorite in TV Guide. Not Phil or either of the Amys or Ed. Heba.

Jerry. How great was that? And the nice moment with Dr. H. I wish we would get to see more comments/reactions from the trainers and less recap stuff.

Michelle wore the black instead of the pink.

I wish, like, more of them, like, would stop, like, using the word, like, so many like darn times!

I was kind of comparing Vicky and Heba's perceptions of themselves to Mark's last season. Granted, Mark had the benefit of being able to see part of the show (and himself) while it was still being filmed, but my point is that he saw how he was behaving and coming across and he didn't like it so he decided to change it. Vicky I don't think accepts the negative perception of herself at all...she seems to sway between being oblivious to it or justifying it. Heba....I got the feeling Heba had been somewhat aware of herself (and it was probably hammered home after Ed's landslide vote) but she put on a face and basically said so be it.

Vicky and Phil spoke and he gave her words of encouragement??? Weird.

I knew when I saw Heba she was gonna win the at home prize. And when Ali said Michelle had to lose over 100 pounds, I knew she had it. Seriously, the stuff that was going on off camera had more intrigue to it.

Last edited by trekkiegirl; 12-17-2008 at 07:47 PM.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:02 PM   #59  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

NBC has some interviews with the contestants after the finale on their site if anyone is interested. Vicky sounds fake when she talks about her working out at home schedule and is getting hammered in the comments of her video.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:53 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

I was wondering how the tension between Phil, Amy, Brady and Vicky might have caused them to go to extremes to be the winners. That's why I was thinking that maybe they had gotten too thin too quickly. I don't see Vicky maintaining that workout schedule and I see her putting weight back on quickly.

I wonder if I would be driven to work that hard for the $250K. I would think it would be very stressful. I'd love to go on the show but getting off work for 3 months might be a bit much.