The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 09-25-2008, 11:42 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I have a question...what's with all the subway? Isn't lunch meat notorious for being high in sodium and containing nitrates and stuff? I know its about advertising too, and I understand the gum and brita, but all the subway sandwiches kind of irritate me.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:45 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 250/173.6/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacylambert View Post
I have a question...what's with all the subway? Isn't lunch meat notorious for being high in sodium and containing nitrates and stuff? I know its about advertising too, and I understand the gum and brita, but all the subway sandwiches kind of irritate me.
That's the main thing I dislike in TBL - all the product placement and endorsement.

The Jennie-O part was just obnoxious. "Hi Rocco. I'm looking at the Jennie-O turkey products and there's just SOOO much choice!"

Last edited by MotoMichelle; 09-25-2008 at 12:45 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:49 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Product placement...boo hiss!!!
I'm in total agreement about Heba having to go. In one week she became so fake. The brown team wife sooo gets on my nerves. When her husband had to tell her to clap at the end of the slide challenge that just screamed SELF CENTERED. (I chose those two words over a less appropriate word.) I too was so mad at Colleen for bidding in that manner. What was she thinking? There were two teams with smaller % than them that would've ended up under the line instead.. I think the Toms would still be there if yellow hadn't have been under the line with them, but Colleen seriously kicked exercise butt during the slide challenge. I don't even know her and I was so proud. My kids think I'm so weird when I watch this show!! Loving the pink team. I have an awful relationship with my own mother and it's too cool watching them be so supportive of each other!
Old 09-25-2008, 02:38 PM   #109  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmom View Post

I didn't see that, but did notice when Jillian was giving it to her that dad was standing in the background and not moving! Just like the way SHE stopped moving last week when Jillian turned her back on her and went to help the dad - then did the double take spin around and Colleen started her jumping jax again. WHen I noticed it this week tho, I was mostly watching his feet to see that they weren't moving, so I might have missed the mask. If so, YES, I def feel that is CRAZY.
That's what I noticed first - that he was just standing on the treadmill. Then I noticed the oxygen - and, yikes, I cut him some slack!

Honestly, I hope that they are able to stay for a few weeks, I don't see that team as a threat (as a team), and I don't think he will do well at home. I really like that team, but when Colleen bid I was a little disappointed.

Last edited by Kimphin; 09-25-2008 at 02:40 PM.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:43 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 220/190/140-160

Height: 5'5"

does anyone else thinkk it is wild how similar the pink team mom and dd look. They look so identical to me, and their bodies are so similar. such strong genetic links there
Old 09-26-2008, 10:51 AM   #111  

tigerchic89, I had pointed that out while we were watching and then my children were noticing the body shape resemblances in all the parents and their children....my youngest daughter and I will be like that too, but my oldest daughter is all her dad's side!!! Making my youngest daughter petite and small boned and my oldest more amazon like. Both very beautiful, but in completely opposite ways!
Old 09-26-2008, 07:23 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 256/233/140

This show is SOOO painful to watch. I am very thankful for my DVR. With skipping the commercials, and the recap that they do after the commercial to remind us what just happened 3.5 minutes before, there's actually only about 45 minutes of show for 2 hours. It just feels so disrespectful to the fans of the show to put them through this! I mean, wait, what is the average percentage of weight loss in week 2?

And what the heck is with all the over-the-top weeping when voting someone off. I don't care for the voting at all, I wish the lowest performer would just go home - the manufactured drama and ridiculous histrionics don't do anything for me. I have started to turn it off after the weigh-ins.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:50 AM   #113  

Tetra, The whole format of the show does make it more and more difficult to remain a loyal fan. Everything is so strung out. That said, I'll be a watchin' tonight though, but maybe not 4 weeks from now.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:22 AM   #114  

Orange deserves to be betrayed - AGREE
Brown self-centered (would've preferred the "other" word) - AGREE
Yellow daughter is fierce and resembles Reese W - AGREE
Rocco is a hottie - AGREE
Too, too many commercials...love my DVR - AGREE
Yellow dad really needs to be there - AGREE

hmmmmm...what else? dont' remember but i AGREE with all of you!!

now, does anyone think that the daughter on the pink team resembles allie (from last season) who was also on the pink team???

wonder who is goin' home tonight????
Old 09-30-2008, 10:27 AM   #115  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerchic89 View Post
does anyone else thinkk it is wild how similar the pink team mom and dd look. They look so identical to me, and their bodies are so similar. such strong genetic links there
I used to say that my goal shirt would say "To not look like my Mom". We're in the same boat with the strong resemblance, to the point that when I go home to visit people I haven't seen in years have called me by my mom's name.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:40 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 270/252.0/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeline View Post
now, does anyone think that the daughter on the pink team resembles allie (from last season) who was also on the pink team???
I have thought that too! Sometimes it seems these reality shows try to keep the same type people everytime. Like Amazing Race usually has an older couple every season. Know what I'm saying?
Old 09-30-2008, 08:54 PM   #117  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

I'm really disliking the orange team. They seem soooo cocky.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:04 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 270/252.0/150

Height: 5'7

I think the orange team is cocky also. I was really hoping to see them below the yellow line.

Did anyone else notice the brown team wife smirking when the yellow team fell below or was it just me? I mean, I know they must of been glad to be safe, but geez have a little respect. I really think she was smirking.

What about Jerry?!?! I was stunned. He has worked so hard and it really shows. I was so worried when he went home, but he's done great!
Old 09-30-2008, 10:24 PM   #119  
Ilene the Bean

Jerry was looking awesome... I was very impressed by him...

Yes, the brown team did have a smile/smirk when they were above the line...
Old 09-30-2008, 11:59 PM   #120  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

yes the brownie girl was totally smirking which was totally rude. I hope they go.
Orange team - I like the husband - he has his funny moments
Yellow - He should have stayed, BUT I know no parent would send their kid home, ya know?