3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing-184/)
-   -   How'd they do it? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing/140247-howd-they-do.html)

betty big bum 04-19-2008 12:30 PM

How'd they do it?

Does anyone know how much cardio they did a day on the Biggest Loser? they all had such great weeks.
I know they did weights too.

I've been going to the gym every day, sweating like crazy on the ellyptical or treadmill for 45-60 minutes and doing weights 3x week. So I think I might get 2-3 lbs a week, Good week is 2 lbs and this past is 1 pound. BLECH!

I've signed up with a personal trainer for 4 sessions over the next few weeks, hopefully he'll have some idea.

:carrot:
Gotta love that dancing carrot!

Hun.e.B 04-19-2008 12:38 PM

I believe the worked out anywhere from 4 to 8 hours a day. 1 to 2 lbs is fantastic weight loss!! Dont compare yourself to the tv show because those are not realistic conditions for weight loss. The contestants are in a very controlled environment with personal trainers and dietitians at their beck and call. You have to realize the entertainment value in that. You are doing fantastic!! 13 lbs gone!! Way to go!! Keep up the great work! All that exercise is really going to continue to pay off as you build up your lean muscle tissue!

chay 04-19-2008 04:11 PM

I understand your frustration, when your highly motivated it's hard to be patient. But at least this way you'll stay tight and toned as you lose weight and not have as bad a time with sagging skin. Your doing a great job.

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly 04-19-2008 05:04 PM

they work out 8 to 10 hours a day! while on the ranch its their job so that is what they do!

Nori71 04-19-2008 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly (Post 2158846)
they work out 8 to 10 hours a day!

Yeah, this is my typical exercise WEEK! 8-10 hours a day and I probably would :faint:

Idealmuse 04-19-2008 05:45 PM

I think they start out with about 3-4 but usually at the end its about 8. This time around Jillian said at the very end 10. Probably because they knew the cards were stacked against then vs. the boys and they had to pull out all the stops.

SoulBliss 04-19-2008 05:49 PM

I've exercised as much as 6 hours a day and know that 8-10 would not be sustainable for me, long term, AT ALL!

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly 04-19-2008 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nori71 (Post 2158854)
Yeah, this is my typical exercise WEEK! 8-10 hours a day and I probably would :faint:

LOL ME TOO!

sportmom 04-19-2008 11:00 PM

Plus as soon as you were to STOP working out 6, 8, 10 hrs a day, you would gain, so what's the point? I always think we should do what is maintainable for the long term in our real world, or it's just going to come back on. Plus, if you're drinking water and hydrating, you can't even compare yourself. THey do all kinds of stuff to dry out before a weigh in that we wouldn't do off the ranch.

rockstar87 04-19-2008 11:20 PM

1-2lbs a week is perfect. That's exactly where you want to be. Sure, some weeks might be more, some weeks might be less but on average that is a healthy rate to lose weight given the time constraints of the average person.

On Biggest Loser they create a massive calorie deficit by working out a huge number of hours a day. I would argue they can still maintain their weight loss (even with significantly less time to work out) if they stick to their calorie allowance. Plus, many of them do lose a decent portion of their weight at home and while it's obviously less than they would on the show, they still do really well!

I think getting some sessions with a trainer is a great idea and should help make sure you are getting the most you can expect out of your workouts. Don't get discouraged if you see "only" 1lb. It's still 1lb less than you were the week before. It's a marathon, not a sprint! The longer it takes to lose the weight the more you can acclimatize to your new lifestyle change and the higher your chances of succeeding in keeping the weight off!

betty big bum 04-20-2008 10:18 AM

Thanks everyone for your answers and motivation. :)

Ok, so I don't feel so bad with just 1 lb gone now, I still feel it should be more considering all the exercise I did but I'll get there eventually!!

Thanks guys - hope you all have a great week!!!

BlueAngel1 07-26-2008 10:41 AM

Yes, what everyone else said.... plus, I would think it was almost impossible that they "didn't" have some kind of surgery to remove loose skin especially after losing so fast........ I think I'll have to ask that question......

BlueAngel1 07-26-2008 11:05 AM

:carrot: at least 6 hours per day and around 1200 calories........ :carrot: :dizzy:

andreaphilip3 07-31-2008 02:07 AM

4-8 hrs a day

lifechange 08-18-2008 09:04 PM

There are alot of misconceptions about the speed of weight loss and loose skin. There are no studies showing slow weight loss leads to better skin elasticity. Alot of it has to do with distribution of fat to begin with. Someone who is 275 and carries it all in their stomach vs someone who carries it all over may have more issues with sagging skin in their stomach area. I have always had a tendency to lose weight fast and sagging skin has not been much of an issue for me. You see this with WLS patients as well- some have sagging skin, some don't. This may change now that I am older and my collagen is not quite as good. So far so good at this point.