The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 03-26-2008, 06:18 PM   #31  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinkemomx2 View Post
Here is an excellent recap site.
Zinkemomx2, thank you thank you THANK YOU!!! That's an awesome site - whoever said it was even better than watching the show was right. I enjoyed all those comments! The boys started to seriously tick me off long time ago.
I am amazed that Kelly and Ali lost 7 pounds each. WAY TO GO, GIRLS!!!
Old 03-26-2008, 07:04 PM   #32  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Dee...I was on the elliptical last night(this has no relevance to the story I'm just overly proud of myself LOL) and my dd says about Kelly "I dont like her, all she does is cry" LOL! But, then I was thinking, yeah but she hasnt been that bad the past few episodes, I dont think she cried at all this time! Perhaps she's finding her inner strength??
Old 03-26-2008, 07:17 PM   #33  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

I'm just now getting to watching the show, but I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO glad they voted off the "smartest" guy on campus. I was so over him! I'm also over Roger. I used to really like this guy, but the more weight he losses, the bigger a$$ hole he becomes. The guys behavior during the challenge disgusted me.

I cannot believe how tiny Ali has gotten! OMG! She looks great!
Old 03-26-2008, 07:33 PM   #34  
Melissa

LOL okay I guess I'm in the minority..the guys dont bother me at all. I totally get why they did the challenge the way they did. The friendship just means more I guess.

And Ali...OMG she looks amazing!! No offense to BL but that girl did most of that on her own..not on campus like they are claiming! She rocks!
Old 03-26-2008, 08:03 PM   #35  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

I agree about Ali doing her work at home. She must have been kicking butt.

It was a fluke that I found that TV Without Pity site. It is hysterical. I also went back and read about a bunch of other episodes. I saw they recap quite a few different shows but I haven't read any of them yet.

I really don't think Mark or Jay can pull it off even if they stay. As long as none of them get sloppy when they get home I think it will be between Ali and Roger unless Kelly really starts kicking things into high gear after she gets home.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:46 PM   #36  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

I really think Roger will win it all. I'm hoping Ali or Kelly will come in second place. Kelly could go home and do fantastic. Last season Amy and Julie really suprised me. Here's hoping she gets home and realizes it is okay to do for herself. Her schedule as a nurse may be tricky too but we shall see.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:43 AM   #37  
Running Fiend.

S/C/G: 210/165/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Aly was I think 230 when she started and, according to nbc website, is 5'5". To beat someone like Roger she'd have to get down to like 125 which just seems like too much. She looks fantastic at 149 and I can't imagine her wanting to go below 130.

Kelly on the other hand started at 271 and is like 5'3" so she'd probably have a better shot at matching Rogers %.

I was so happy for the girls last night...I dunno why the boys were so shocked they pulled it off since neither of them have dropped below the yellow line as an individual.

As for the boys, it wasn't their strategy at the challenge that drove me nuts, but the way they were EATING the food. Like...way to rub it in and act like cocky, arrogant children. It was so tactless. Just play the challenge. I don't see what was to be accomplished by them stuffing their face with pizza and fries. That really irritated me.

Last edited by rockstar87; 03-27-2008 at 12:44 AM.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:59 AM   #38  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Last night was an AWESOME episode, they actually showed some working out this time. =)~
I love you gals, I just looked at tvwithoutpity.com and was cracking up.
The smartest guy in the house would not have left his cake, DAMN, you go girl! It turns out, I LOVE KELLY, I think on the scale when she lost 7 or whatever, she should have been all, 'thanks for the cake dan' hahahaha! Guess Dan should have helped save brintney last week, bet he is regreting that now, did he honestly think Roger would drag him along for the ride, when he has to answer to the whiny accented baby brothers? LMAO!
Old 03-27-2008, 08:02 AM   #39  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by likenoother View Post
But Mark is like the person that will never go away. He gets on my freaking nerves and shave why don't you? You look like you haven't bathed in weeks. He looks a bit gaunt to me now. I just do not want him in the final three.
Mark actually looked VERY handsome before the damn beard!

Oh yeah, and I would have taken the 10 grand, (unless he has money laying around at home or something).
I mean you have a 1/6 chance of taking home a quater million. but a 100% chance of getting 10 thousand. And then you are all still on the same playing field with the weight, but you are 10 thousand richer, that really annoyed me.

Last edited by vixjean; 03-27-2008 at 08:07 AM.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:34 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Totally would have taken the money too. He only bought himself one week longer actually - next week it's a new ball game and he'd still have that $10K but the 1 pound is long out the window. Fool.

I kept waiting for someone to see if he even needed the pound as it turned out. I don't think he did. Has anyone done the math? I think he would have been fine, still on the show and $10K richer.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:58 AM   #41  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixjean View Post
Mark actually looked VERY handsome before the damn beard!

Oh yeah, and I would have taken the 10 grand, (unless he has money laying around at home or something).
I mean you have a 1/6 chance of taking home a quater million. but a 100% chance of getting 10 thousand. And then you are all still on the same playing field with the weight, but you are 10 thousand richer, that really annoyed me.
1:6 chance at quarter of a million are good enough for me to go for it! I would totally have taken the 1 lb pass. The idea is to stay at the ranch, to me taking the 10K was almost like saying...ok I'm done.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:44 PM   #42  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Maybe this has been asked at one point in the past (I joined 3FC two months ago and I did not start watching TBL until late February I think) - but do you think it is fair to have men competing against women in weight loss? Even though they do calculate the percentage of the total body weight lost, can a woman actually beat a guy in a weight loss contest?

Last edited by Tomato; 03-27-2008 at 02:23 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-27-2008, 01:04 PM   #43  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomato View Post
May this has been asked at one point in the past (I joined 3FC two months ago and I did not start watching TBL until late February I think) - but do you think it is fair to have men competing against women in weight loss? Even though they do calculate the percentage of the total body weight lost, can a woman actually beat a guy in a weight loss contest?
I think's it's been debated before, but since you asked...nope, I don't think it's quite fair, but the women who sign up know what they're getting in for. I'd like to think that when they sign up they do it to actually get healthy, not for the money. In my mind, if I only made it one week, it would still be worth the experience. After all you get a great trainer and diet plan without shelling out the $1700/week that the spa costs. I looked up the price of the spa that the winner of last weeks challenge is going to go to, and it's about $1700 a week, if you share a room. So in my mind, if I take $1700 and multiply it by the weeks I remained on campus, that's how much I'd have "won", even if I wasn't the Biggest Loser. Does that make sense? I'm hopped up on painkillers right now because my back is out, so I'm probably just rambling. *hey look a bunny* lol
Old 03-27-2008, 01:12 PM   #44  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

It's sad, but all I could think of is that the girls missed the perfect way to freak out the boys and start breaking the bonds. All they had to do was pick one of the guys (Mark or Jay) and put every piece of food on that guy's table. We would quickly find out if the boys were as united as they thought they were. I am glad though that it came down to two guys below the yellow line.

I really like taping it and fast forwarded it. I think the link given will wean me off the show completely.
Old 03-27-2008, 02:21 PM   #45  
Dea
TBL Blue team member

Thanks for the link!!
I am glad that dan is gone....I had had enough of the cocky 21 year old.
I recall him singing on a previous episode....hope he finds himself a day job out in LA. He might look good, but not that good.
Ali, on the other hand looks amazing!! I was so glad to see a smile on Kelly's face for a change!