3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing-184/)
-   -   TBL Couples: Season 5 Discussion *SPOILERS* (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing/137629-tbl-couples-season-5-discussion-%2Aspoilers%2A.html)

RobertW 03-27-2008 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomato (Post 2119826)
Even though they do calculate the percentage of the total body weight lost, can a woman actually beat a guy in a weight loss contest?

Depends upon which men and women they pick. Aly is better that at least 80% of the men that have appeared on the show, but the deck is definitely stacked against the women. Nature intended women to be less lean than men, so these contests are going to be unfair.

vixjean 03-27-2008 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealCdn (Post 2119884)
It's sad, but all I could think of is that the girls missed the perfect way to freak out the boys and start breaking the bonds. All they had to do was pick one of the guys (Mark or Jay) and put every piece of food on that guy's table. We would quickly find out if the boys were as united as they thought they were. I am glad though that it came down to two guys below the yellow line.

YES! I totally agree!

SoulBliss 03-27-2008 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomato (Post 2119826)
Maybe this has been asked at one point in the past (I joined 3FC two months ago and I did not start watching TBL until late February I think) - but do you think it is fair to have men competing against women in weight loss? Even though they do calculate the percentage of the total body weight lost, can a woman actually beat a guy in a weight loss contest?

I wish they would calculate the BODY FAT percentage lost.

I would love to see a show where they find people with similar stats (body fat etc.) and THEN have a competition.

dixied 03-28-2008 03:10 PM

I've been sitting at my desk reading the forums over at that recap site, and WOW, those folks can be vicious! I did read, though, that Brittney did find out that she has PCOS the week before she was voted off. So now we know who it was that had PCOS that didn't know.

I'm going to include some of the funnier quotes for that board for your enjoyment:

About Dan:

How rich is his family? Huge house, and he can afford to just move to LA?

Not rich enough to afford some voice lessons and some soap.

About Kelly:

Yep. She still walks like someone in one of those rubber monster suits in a Japanese movie. She's a lot smaller than she was. I have friends that walk around like that, and they are of a correct weight for their height. It's a self-confidence thing.

Regarding pride on three:

Word to whoever said "cry on three." that made me laugh.

ksk571 03-28-2008 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dixiedieter (Post 2121926)
Word to whoever said "cry on three." that made me laugh.

:rofl: CRY ON THREE. CRY ON THREE. ONE. TWO. THREE. CRY!

Hun.e.B 03-28-2008 09:40 PM

wow, first Mark is a cheater now Dan and his family are embezzlers? Thats harsh.

GirlyGirlSebas 03-28-2008 10:04 PM

I actually like the way the guys have been playing as a team...even down to the "pride on three." Of course, they won't be able to play as a team for much longer. Soon, they'll have to start picking each other off.

Kelly has really grown on me. And, Allie....Wow! What an awesome waist on that young lady!

I was glad to see Dan go as he was getting just a bit too overconfident. But, I was pretty cocky at that age, too. I know...shocking huh? :D

I have a recommendation for making things more fair on future seasons....."(insert female contestant name here) is on her TOM this week, so she has a 3 pound pass for this week's weigh-in." Seriously, do you ever wonder if it is their time when they pull a real low number? That must be incredibly frustrating!

Diva 03-29-2008 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixjean (Post 2119328)
Mark actually looked VERY handsome before the damn beard!

Oh yeah, and I would have taken the 10 grand, (unless he has money laying around at home or something).
I mean you have a 1/6 chance of taking home a quater million. but a 100% chance of getting 10 thousand. And then you are all still on the same playing field with the weight, but you are 10 thousand richer, that really annoyed me.

I would have kept the $10 grand too! The way I see it, 1 pound isn't gonna mean chit. There's NO guarantee that he would win the grand prize & be the biggest loser, but he would have been $10 grand richer and could have taken his wife on a nice vay-cay with that, but whatever....I was yelling @ the TV!:dizzy:

dixied 03-29-2008 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hun.e.B (Post 2122410)
wow, first Mark is a cheater now Dan and his family are embezzlers? Thats harsh.

I intentionally didn't include that quote because I thought it was unfair. You know how some less-moderated forums are, some people choose to be jerks just because it isn't real life. (OMG, we agreed on something)

juliemax 03-29-2008 08:58 PM

Kelly was spotted in her hometown last weekend and she looks fabulous!

betty grrl 03-30-2008 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas (Post 2122433)
I have a recommendation for making things more fair on future seasons....."(insert female contestant name here) is on her TOM this week, so she has a 3 pound pass for this week's weigh-in." Seriously, do you ever wonder if it is their time when they pull a real low number? That must be incredibly frustrating!

I think that would be sooo rockin!!! Or I would think they should have 2 winners~since it is couples!!! I think it is unfair with the whole male/female thing.

I am sooo glad Dan is gone. He was getting way to over-confident that he was starting to get really mean to Ali & Kelly. I'm still not too fond of Kelly BUT I do hope it's one of the girls that gets crowned Biggest Loser.

Shay 03-30-2008 11:42 AM

juliemax--Oh oh, that's good. Kelly has grown on me too and I want her to do fantastic. Maybe she will be able to walk with some confidence and begin loving herself a bit more!

Shay 03-30-2008 11:49 AM

I think people making those statements about Dan's family are silly. They run a non profit organization for kids. A lot of well to do, wealthy, rich people run non profits. Does it mean they are embezzling funds? No it means they may not take a salary or if they do its not much. Non profit means its not about the money its about the cause! They are giving back. Please give them some credit.

Jen415 03-31-2008 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juliemax (Post 2123465)
Kelly was spotted in her hometown last weekend and she looks fabulous!

Dang! I just live down the road from her! Maybe I'll spot her out sometime!

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly 03-31-2008 02:46 PM

thats so cool! i couldtn stand kelly in the beginning but i have grown to really like her!