is anyone watching the biggest loser: Australia?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Quote:
    The other thing I really like was how they determined who would be in the final 3.
    How did they determine that?

I wish they would air it daily here too! It will take forever to get to the end, they are only showing 1 episode/week on slice.
  • It was done by total weightloss percentage. so the 2 with the largest weightloss percentage were guaranteed to be in the finale. So they voted out one of the 2 lowest weightloss percentages. I thought it was very fair.

~melissa
  • Thanks for the info everyone....from what I can gather, I am watching season 1 - bob's mom died....and the last episode I saw they did the soccer match against each other and Wal apparently lost the game on purpose as part of his game plan. And also, they do things in Aussie TBL - like they made someone go to the other team. wow!

And yes, strangely there was no vote-off...so I'm not sure what happened...I remembered they voted Jo off from another episode.
  • There are more surprises coming up kissingginger... AJ (the host) was right when she said "Don't assume anything"
  • I am from Australia and I think you are talking about the first season - that was a nightly series - in fact the next 2 seasons were also nightly. Daily episodes Mon- Fri, Elimination night Sunday! Season Four will kick off soon!

Oh I wonder when they'll air those here? Or if they will. I watched a show today called Outback Jack, american girls and an aussie guy. He narrows it down to one. I taped the last 3hrs, but love watching just to see the beautiful scenary. Can't wait til the day I fly there!!!
  • Quote: That was season 1, when Bob had to fly back. I liked season 2 a lot, mainly because of Damien...he was such a big inspiration, seeing that 400+ pound guy do the things he did. Powering up the hill and up those stairs was just amazing to watch. Although the whole training situation was weird in Season 2

One thing I like about the Aussie version is you see the trainers a whole lot more, and see them training a lot more. That's really why I watch the show, I don't like the drama that much, though sometimes I get into it and start liking/hating some contestants, usually I just wade through all that to get to the workouts.
    When and on what station did you get to see Season 2? Don't they have 2 other trainers join Bob and Jillian?
  • From memory - it has been over 12 months since Season 2, the red and the blue team are trained by new trainers, but Bob and Jillian make cameo appearances.
  • Quote: When and on what station did you get to see Season 2? Don't they have 2 other trainers join Bob and Jillian?

Well, unfortunately I didn't get to watch them on a tv station. A friend gave me them on a DVD-R. I'm a big fan of the show and watch recordings of them when I work out sometimes, so those were a great boost when he gave them to me.

And Season 2 introduces the new trainers, which was kind of a bummer since I'd prefer Bob and Jillian, but they did a great job anyway.
  • hi Antares

You were right - don't assume anything! Today's episode I saw they voted off Harry and Fiona & gang were having their fits over their stuff being moved. I was SO sad to see Harry gone. And they've just announced there will be no more red and blue team. Oh MY!!

Cheers
    Ginger
  • The new season of Australia started up last Tuesday. So far it's been pretty interesting. Anyone else watching it?
  • Antares, I'm in Canada and I don't think it's on any of the channels I get. Can you tell me what station you are getting it on?

Cheers, Ginger