The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 01-10-2008, 11:08 AM   #166  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Okay, my thoughts on this season so far:

Orange team: I like these folks. And the son will be less creepy when he cuts his hair. Right now he is way too John Denver/Cousin Oliver/Bruce Vilance looking for me!

Brown Team: So sorry to see them go. He seems like a really good dad. And they make a good partnership.

Yellow Team: What makes me root for these guys is the fact that I think she still cares for him deeply. After all, she cares enough about him to want to help him outlive the family curse. And I personally know what a toll infertility issues can take on a marriage--it was partly to blame for the decline of mine. I really hope these folks go far.

Purple team: I really hope thise girls can do it this time. They've got youth on their side for sure, but since they have been best friends forever, will they enable each other to go back to their bad habits?

Black team: While I think the brothers will probably take it all, I hope they don't. I can't remember who the poster was that said this, but I would LOVE for at least ONE woman to be part of the winning team.

Blue Team: These two are adorable together! I really hope a romance happens out of it! Something that may throw a wrench in it is the fact that my "gaydar" for him goes off a bit....

Gray team: Awww....both are good daddies....I love hearing one of them saying that he is going to bring his little buddy (son) back "a prize"....

Pink team: Bette-Sue, Bette-Sue, Bette-Sue....gotta admire her spunk and determination to get back on when she ate some treadmill, but her facial expressions BUG. But hey, she IS good TV....

White team: It's very possible that this couple is a casualty of the editors. It makes the hubby look like a lazy guy, when he probably really isnt....

Oh and the green team? Glad they are gone. It PO's me when people get an opportunity of a lifetime like TBL and squander it away. Unfortuately it was at the expense of the daughter, who may have done well on her own. She was definitely seeking Daddy's approval, which she ain't gettin, and probably won't get. He seems like that kinda guy...

I hope they start showing more Bob though...as much as I love Jillian, I love Bob more!!
Old 01-10-2008, 11:12 AM   #167  

Height: 5'9"

So, last night I did an impulse purchase in the checkout line and bought the Prevention Magazine "Biggest Loser" special edition. No WONDER these people lose massive amounts of weight! I was reading through it and it said a good indicator of the amount of calories you should eat each day if you want to lose weight is take your weight and multiply it by 7. If you weigh below 150 lbs. this theory does not work.

Well, I don't like that! If you weight 150 lbs. you are to consume 1,050 calories?? That seems RIDICULOUSLY low to me.

It did have a lot of good workout moves to try at home. Kim was the model for the workout moves and I can see why. You may like Jillian's personality better but you can't deny that Kim has the better body. What I would give to have a body like her.

Last edited by Amberelise; 01-10-2008 at 11:12 AM.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:26 AM   #168  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by knitsforfive View Post

I had a gorgeous dentist and one time, as he was coming really close to look at my teeth, I kind of, for a moment, thought he was gonna kiss me -- and I'm pretty sure there was a slight pucker on my lips when he asked me to open my mouth. I had to fire him. It was too much having that face so close to mine with no reward.

Bob would totally motivate me, though. I'd keep doing things with poor form so he would have to come and fix me.
OMG that is hilarious!!! Can you imagine! LOL! Thanks for the laugh this morning I sure needed it!

~melissa
Old 01-10-2008, 12:55 PM   #169  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberelise View Post
Kim was the model for the workout moves and I can see why. You may like Jillian's personality better but you can't deny that Kim has the better body.
You trying to start a new debate? If so, I beg to differ.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:32 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

I want to start a debate.

I want to talk about BRAS.

It makes my chest ache to watch those women running. They need more support!!!
Old 01-10-2008, 01:45 PM   #171  
Dea
TBL Blue team member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggmugsy View Post
I want to start a debate.

I want to talk about BRAS.

It makes my chest ache to watch those women running. They need more support!!!
I am sorry, but some of those poor guys need some support too!!
My Hubby...who is tall and skinny, groaned every time the men took their shirts off to weigh in. Why do they need to do that anyway....do the T-shirts weight that much?
Old 01-10-2008, 01:56 PM   #172  
Melissa

I think I'd have to debate Kim having a better body too, maybe its just personal preference but Kims huge fake boobs were just too much. And she was thick, I know its muscle but she just had a masculine appearance to me. Jillian is ripped, I think she has nearly perfect trainer body. Jackie from Workout is like that too.

Yanno...that is such a good point what is with the man boobs...why do we have to look at that? And the funny thing is when they get to losing and arent so huge then they wear their shirts for the weighin. I'm sure its just for aesthetic purposes so we really see just how fat they are but still, totally unnecessary!

~melissa
Old 01-10-2008, 01:59 PM   #173  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dea View Post
I am sorry, but some of those poor guys need some support too!!
My Hubby...who is tall and skinny, groaned every time the men took their shirts off to weigh in. Why do they need to do that anyway....do the T-shirts weight that much?
That makes it even worse because they arent actually weighing in right there, thats all just tv drama. They have already been weighed on another scale (someone correct me if I'm wrong here but I think it was Kai that blogged about how tempting it is to peek) So they dont need to be taking their shirts OR their shoes off.

~melissa
Old 01-10-2008, 02:12 PM   #174  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by chick_in_the_hat View Post
Oh ho! A debate that I wouldn't mind joining! I'd kill to look like Kim! Curves with muscles. Now, ask my Hubby what he thinks and he says "No Way! Too many muscles." Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder. Now, go ahead and ask me what I think about Kim's eyebrows....I dare ya!

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 01-10-2008 at 02:13 PM.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:14 PM   #175  
Melissa

so Rhonda...what do you think about Kims eyebrows?
Old 01-10-2008, 02:23 PM   #176  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chick_in_the_hat View Post
OMG! I am with you on this one! Jillian's body rocks! I told Jess I wanna look like her. Kim looks great too, but I'd kill to have Jillian's body!
Old 01-10-2008, 03:05 PM   #177  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

I want Jillian's arms.

I had to look up pictures of Kim's eyebrows. They are a little odd. But the celeb that drives me NUTS is Holly Marie Combs from Charmed. When you look at her on the show, eyebrows are completely different. The right one has a massive gap in it most of the time. Use and eyebrow pencil and fill it in! I literally had to quit watching the show because my OCD would flair up and I would fixate on her stupid eyebrow.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:12 PM   #178  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Totally Jillian's bod all the way nothing looks fake or stiff.....come on Rhonda...what about Kim's eyebrows??????
Old 01-10-2008, 03:14 PM   #179  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Is that truly the only reason to quit watching Charmed?
How many think the show just s_c_s?
Ha ha another debate lol
Old 01-10-2008, 03:30 PM   #180  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Talk about OCD! I can't watch her interviews on the show because her eyebrows distract me! I think she is a beautiful lady, but....do they do their own makeup? Her hair is "blond" and her eyebrows are dark! And, they look like they've been drawn-in with a very unsteady hand...and, they are too over-tweezed and make her look like she is constantly scared!

Okay....you did ask.

The only reason I have boobs now is because I'm fat! When I was thinner and pre-babies, I barely filled a 36B. I'd love to lose the weight and get some fake ones and a tummy tuck. But, we aint rich, so I'll have to settle for really good supportive lingerie! I think Kim looks good even with the fakes. You know, I recognized her before BL. She is in an old fitness magazine I have from about 4 years ago.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 01-10-2008 at 03:31 PM.