The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 03-11-2008, 09:36 PM   #856  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

The "pride on three" was cute at first, but now it is just cocky manly crap.

Oh crap.......Jillian is going to kill Alison. I am in for that smack down!
Old 03-11-2008, 09:56 PM   #857  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

I think Maggie can do this because she normally does well but she has said she thinks she has been overdoing with food.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:57 PM   #858  
My Evolution

She didn't lose any!!! Overeating did it! I think Maggie will go home because Brittany is not a threat.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:58 PM   #859  
My Evolution

I hate that because that could take her all the way to the final. So not fair to me!
Old 03-11-2008, 10:00 PM   #860  
Accepting who she is

And I would like to note that this is the week that the women switched from jog bras to tank tops.

Last edited by onthetee; 03-11-2008 at 10:01 PM.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:01 PM   #861  
My Evolution

Are you kidding? I thought something was off about the time. Like I said they are sending Maggie home based on the previews. There going to say something like--"Blah, blah, blah about Brittany being a great competitor."
Old 03-11-2008, 10:29 PM   #862  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Really? I thought Brittany has pulled the better numbers. Hmm. Of course, I didn't do any research around this, was just going from her and Bernie being the awesome twosome. I thought Maggie was kind of hot & cold - like tonite. Yes, she could have a big loss next week, or she could keep eating and actually gain if she doesn't get straightened out. I can't believe they postponed the results, how weird was that. For "the most shocking elimination ever." Oh please - how shocking can it be? It's one of the 2. What am I missing?

Last edited by sportmom; 03-11-2008 at 10:37 PM.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:45 PM   #863  

S/C/G: 225/198.2/150

Height: 5'5

OMG...how uncomfortable was it to watch the interaction between Jillian and Allison? Yikes. Allison looked really pissed and it looked like she was trying hard to hold it together. I wonder what got edited out?

Ali looks awesome and her Mom is so proud. Cute.

The dynamics in Neil and whatever his wife's name is (the white team) marriage is just too weird for me. I feel like her whole life is consumed with making excuses for his behavior. Sad.

Mark looks amazing...he is super cocky....but he has worked his *** off and it shows.

You can really see how much weight maggie has lost when you compare her to her former partner. What a difference.

Kelly reminds me of eeyore from "winnie the pooh", she is always so gloomy.

All in all, it wasn't one of my favorite episodes. I like Brittney but I would like maggie to stick around a little longer to lose the weight. She still has emotional eating issues. Brittney is going to do this no matter where she is...you can just see how much she wants it.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:10 AM   #864  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

my computer/ tivo crashed - which two are below the yellow line?

Thanks!
Ginger
Old 03-12-2008, 01:15 AM   #865  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

Ok...here are my 2 cents about the show tonight..
  • The white team: it was so obvious that Neil didn't really put much effort into losing weight...only 55 pounds since they've been home, with some it due directly to the ranch? Kinda pitiful....and is it just me, or did his wife looked like she rather be anywhere than in that room while he was on the scale?
  • The Pink Lady....(forgot her name)....I don't think she realizes yet just what she walked into, but I do think it was smart of her to keep her pink clothes instead of switching to black, since it's more than obvious that the guys are creaming the girls in this competition.
  • Trainer Jillian....her attitude was totally inappropiate this week. For goodness sake, she devoted most if not all of her time to the Pink Lady during workouts, to the points that the other women were a bit miffed about it. Then her outburst during the weigh-in made me want to slap her! Cursing on television, trying to say Brittney had a bad week....in my opinion, most of these women need to knock it off with the whining and crying and get to work!
  • If I had been the host, Allison, I would've promptly told Jillian that her outburst was inappropiate, and ask her to leave. These women with the exception of the Pink Lady act like they have the world on their shoulders, when it's just a weigh loss competition..it ain't the end of the world here....If the Pink Lady could pull off a respectable number for the week, like Allison noted, then the other women had no excuse for 2, or ZERO pounds lost....
Old 03-12-2008, 01:19 AM   #866  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

Maggie and Brittney are below the yellow line...Maggie didn't lose any weight, and Brittney only lost 2 pounds.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:23 AM   #867  
Running Fiend.

S/C/G: 210/165/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
The "pride on three" was cute at first, but now it is just cocky manly crap.

Oh crap.......Jillian is going to kill Alison. I am in for that smack down!
Hahahaha. I agree with both sentiments. I think someone should invent a drinking game - take a shot every time one of the blue team members says "pride" or flashes their tattoo.

As for Jillian and Alison, I actually thought someone was going to burn a hole through the other they way they were glaring at each other...too much dramaaaaaa.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:09 AM   #868  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

I don't know what to think about Jillian. I don't know if I should admire that she was standing up for a member of her team, or if I should dislike her for being a sore loser. I do think she was rude to Allison. I mean, the girl is just doing her job. Jillian pretty much ignored the rest of her team when Allie was back in the GYM. I thought that was rude too. It was like "Yay, my start pupil is back, screw the rest of you".

What I don't get is this. They aren't "teams" anymore, so why doesn't Bob and Jill go back to training ALL of them as a team. It was seem less biased (sp) to me.

I'm glad allie kept the pink tee-shirt. They are singles again, NOT teams, so what difference does it make? Also, why did they Black "team" people get so offended by Allie eating with the guys? So what? Is it High school and they can only sit with their group? And Jillian going over to her and making hurl noises while she's trying to eat breakfast. OMG! I'm sorry, Jillian was just RUDE RUDE RUDE this entire episode, and I think I've decided during this post that I have lost respect for her.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:54 AM   #869  
Accepting who she is

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingmyerica View Post
Mark looks amazing...he is super cocky....but he has worked his *** off and it shows.
I still want him to be struck by a meteor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisClaws View Post
[*]If I had been the host, Allison, I would've promptly told Jillian that her outburst was inappropiate, and ask her to leave. These women with the exception of the Pink Lady act like they have the world on their shoulders, when it's just a weigh loss competition
Allison tries to badger people into drama. I think that is her job....get people to cry, bring up the uncomfortable, build the expectation. I was glad Jillian told her to just shut her pie hole. It is irritating.

As for J training only Ali, I think that was probably just her first day. She was trying to gauge where she was and was getting her back in the groove. I don't think it was the right thing to do, and I do think it alienated her team. She should have said up front, "I am going to be with Ali today, here is why. Let me know if you need me."
Old 03-12-2008, 09:00 AM   #870  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

I think Jillian spending so much time with Alli was editing, more than likely. There are lots of shows where trainers are shown working one-on-one with a contestant while the others do something like treadmills...and of course they are all going to get that time while there. I think Jillian probably took one long session with her and they edited it to look unfair...and the others were probably staring at her like that because she is back, she is looking amazing and obviously focused, and she has a tighter bond with the boys than with them, so they SHOULD be scared. But they need to put their jaws back in place and work on busting their own butts, not staring and crying and worrying. And definitely not letting it make them eat....what are they thinking

Dan may have the swing vote this week...but Ali is the swing vote here on out. I think she'll side with the boys because she had bonds with them before leaving...it's kinda like both sides got a body back to workout with, but the boys got two more teammates the way I see it. The boys will want to keep her around because she's no threat to them, and could pull decent numbers to put some other girls below the line. I don't see her holding herself over the line every week, but I do see the boys voting to keep her in longer.

I think Jillian was very annoying and over the top when she was doing all the throw up stuff while Ali ate, ick! At the WI though i think she was trying to help Brit out, they are emotionally connected and she didn't want her questioned. PLUS, you know BL likes to find a weakness and pick it apart until the person breaks down, good TV ya know...and Jillian didn't want to let that happen. She coudln't yell at whoever wrote Allison's line so Allison got it...maybe she was right, maybe wrong, but I didnt' like her much in this show either. I do respect her as a trainer though...her training does get the results.

I still think Kelly has potential to pull this out to the end and maybe even win if she would just BELIEVE in herself and realize that she has a lot to lose still and could do this! She needs to stop moping and really push hard...or lay low to the end and push hard for big numbers to beat the boys in end...but that's a gamble really. I don't particularly like her, but I have hopes for her and would love to see her in the end.