The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 01-11-2008, 04:09 PM   #196  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiedieter View Post
Kim doesn't get a word, at least not a nice one.
You are too funny. You make me chuckle out loud at work.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:34 PM   #197  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Oh I'm so glad we moved onto a new page so i dont have to look at the veins anymore as I scroll down!

~melissa
Old 01-11-2008, 04:35 PM   #198  
Melissa

Did anyone else sign up for the Million Pound Matchup?

~melissa
Old 01-11-2008, 05:01 PM   #199  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post
Did anyone else sign up for the Million Pound Matchup?

~melissa
I didn't. I just didn't know anyone who'd sign up with me. Also with our challenge starting, I wanted to focus my efforts here.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:17 PM   #200  
BLACK TEAM

S/C/G: 225/219.5/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post
That makes it even worse because they arent actually weighing in right there, thats all just tv drama. They have already been weighed on another scale (someone correct me if I'm wrong here but I think it was Kai that blogged about how tempting it is to peek) So they dont need to be taking their shirts OR their shoes off.

~melissa
I didn't think this was true... one of the doctors for the show said it was a real scale and that she was there for the weigh-ins and that they are genuine. I could be wrong about this as well. I just don't know.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:31 PM   #201  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by misschris531 View Post
I didn't think this was true... one of the doctors for the show said it was a real scale and that she was there for the weigh-ins and that they are genuine. I could be wrong about this as well. I just don't know.
Nope, their official weigh-ins are not live. They are already recorded. The big scale is a prop, though that is when they learn what their weight is.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:46 PM   #202  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

I concur with that. Otherwise people wouldn't dare wear these big hunky earrings, heavy necklaces, etc. I don't see them alot but I know that I used to see them and wonder WHY someone would add weight to their weigh in and then I read that it's done in the morning.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:54 PM   #203  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

The more I learn about TBL the more I wish they would have a REAL reality show about losing weight. Show all the nitty gritty stuff of the real world.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:33 PM   #204  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

LOL, that's funny bc I think alot of us are watching a more based-in-reality show this week on Discovery, called the National Body Challenge. And at least about 75% of us who report watching it are classifying it as too boring! Without all the added drama, it just doesn't seem to hook you in or keep you interested.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:32 PM   #205  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

I wish I had Discovery channel. We only have NBC, CBS, PBS and ABC here.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:02 AM   #206  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

I tend to watch a show on BBC channel most every day called "You Are What You Eat"....trust me, the amount of food people go through in a week is shocking! I'm also learning additional things on this show about the specific impact food has on your health that is not talked about overly much on Biggest Loser. So it is helpful to find inspiration and motivation in other shows of this nature.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:37 PM   #207  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Default Okay it's safe to come back now..

I've been avoiding this thread because of the "debates". I think that's a shame when I love this forum and I really enjoy everyone on here. Those "debates" get under my skin. I don't come to 3FC to debate. I come to get and give support. Not over analyze a show. Those that know me I'm a straight shooter too and I've got myself caught up in some of these "debates". I've decided to ignore them because its not worth it. Some people will argue until they are red in the face because in their mind its not a debate. They feel they are right and it is their job to convince others that they are right! I would like to say more and call people out but I don't want to get private messages and get in trouble....Me being able to remain on this board is more important than being labeled passive aggressive. Whatever....

eastcoastgirl, diva, froufrou, lovnmom & purplefirefly--Okay its not just me! LOL! I am so not feeling this season. Its too much to remember with all the teams. I wonder if Bob & Jillian will continue to train together because I can't keep straight who is with what trainer.

Neil--talking about him is a waste of time and space

onthetee,Melissa, froufrou--I really do think it is a body composition thing. At 150 I could wear size 10's and in skirts 8's. At 179 I could wear a size 12. This was consistent no matter where I shopped.

ggmugsy--I would love to see a woman win too. I think someone else said on here too. I can't remember....sorry! I had to go through pages and pages after avoiding this thread for a bit. I think the mom & son have a good chance.

froufrou--I think the brothers may win too but that would be so boring!

jen415--ROTFLMAO!!! You are so right about the son! I knew he looked like someone!

Amberelise--Good to see someone is actually reading their prevention guide. I got mine a week or so ago and I've only decided to do one of the recipes.

Purpleteam--I still like them. I hope they can get the weight off now while they are young and don't have to deal with this struggle forever. Granted keeping the weight off will be a struggle but getting it off in the first place while they can is important.

onthetee--I agree with you about the pictures of the women body builders--freaky! Especially that second one.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:51 PM   #208  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Sportmom--I forgot to talk about the National Body Challenge. Boring....! I totally forgot to watch it on Wednesday and Thursday. They are doing a marathon tomorrow. I believe starting at 12noon. They will be playing them in reverse order which works for me. I can see the two episodes I missed first without having to wait for the two I've seen.

I think TBL needs to stick with their original format. I wasn't too into it when they did couples and families for those specials in the past. Kind of like those movies that have 4 and 5 sequels. Nothing is ever as good as the original.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:16 PM   #209  
Melissa

Shay I think you said it beautifully, I agree fully and I'm taking your same stance on the debating. Theres a time, place and topic and this just isnt it.

I'm not liking the teams thing too much either, but i did get myself a couple and we have a million pound matchup page. Imagine if we won a trip to the finale to see bob!

~melissa
Old 01-12-2008, 09:17 PM   #210  
Takin' charge of my life!

Wow, it feels like I have been away all week...oh wait, it has been pretty much all week! I see I missed some interesting stuff

I'll keep it about the show here or will try to! haha!

I haven't been watching Discovery Channel's series. I'll take TBL over DC's NBC any day, I had seen it in year's past and can go without!

I too like TBL's original format, but I am getting into this season more, maybe because I have a friend that is going through this with me and we have signed up for TBL's Million Pound Match-Up.

Oh and those body building pictures...so glad I only had to scroll through those once!! LMAO at Kim's 80's hair style! When was that picture taken?!