3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing-184/)
-   -   Biggest loser website (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing/127497-biggest-loser-website.html)

ckatgo 11-21-2007 07:37 AM

Biggest loser website

I posted this on another section under general, but I figured I would post it here as well. (I also found this section after being directed by another person :D )

I am considering joining the biggest loser website, but I am not sure if it is any better than the book. I don't have the book yet, but I plan on doing either the book or the website, but I am not sure what would be the better value. My husband and I both have 50 pounds to lose, and frankly I am sick of trying to lose and failing. I love the progress I see on the show, and the ideas they have. (I know that I won't get the same results as the show, as they have a different environment they work in, but I imagine that any step at this point is better than no step...ya' know what I mean??) ;)

Thank you in advance for any advice or input!!

chellez 11-21-2007 08:48 AM

Hello!

Just to give you a brief synopsis of how the Biggest Loser Diet works, it's a calorie, and sodium restricted diet plan. It also goes further into different amounts of certain kinds of foods you can have in a day. There's a certain math equation they make you do in the beginning of the book (which I'll take a look at when I get home) and it figures up you calorie limit and what not. I have all three books and I find them very useful (other than all the bologna about past contestants they put in as filler.)

I think the main thing you're going to get out of the website that you won't get out of the books is progress charts, more recipes and maybe some articles. I've tried both eDiets and Weight Watchers with online tools and I personally don't see why I should have to pay so much a month for a chart program and someone to tell me how to cook. (Yes I understand everyone has to get paid but I'm not paying for that! :D)

Also, the weight loss that you are seeing on the show is obviously not done in 13 weeks. I believe they stay on the ranch for something like 9 months and weigh in whenever the show needs content. (If thats wrong someone please let me know) Biggest Loser Diet is just like any other diet, you should expect 1 to 2 pounds each week if you diet and exercise. Of course, the first few weeks are pretty big numbers because you are ridding your body of all that salt, but it evens out eventually.

My suggestion is to purchase the Biggest Loser Diet Book and the Biggest Loser Diet Cookbook. (I would also consult your physician just to be safe! ;) ) You should be able to find them on amazon.com for a pretty decent price. I like the books cause I can highlight and earmark then go back and read them later if I need to. (and I need to this week!) If you don't have a fitness regimen, they also have a Biggest Loser Fitness Plan book out along with some Biggest Loser DVDs. I know some of the ladies that participate in the challenge say that the DVDs really kick your butt but they are good. :D As far as all the progress charts and what not, there are plenty of free sites that you can find online that do the same thing that TBL Club website does. FitDay is the one I use myself and you can link to it on this forum so people can view your progress as well.

If you need a project to do, you could always make a craft day to make a progress chart for you and your husband to hang on the fridge and track your progress.

On a side note.... the Cookbook is not totally necessary, but I enjoyed it. You can substitute it by modifying your own recipes or search trusty Google for Sodium free or low sodium recipes. (but watch the calorie content!)

I hope this helped. Sorry if its a bit lengthy, just wanted to let you know there's other alternatives to follow this diet than paying for a website to do it!

LondonJulz 11-21-2007 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chellez (Post 1937207)
Also, the weight loss that you are seeing on the show is obviously not done in 13 weeks. I believe they stay on the ranch for something like 9 months and weigh in whenever the show needs content. (If thats wrong someone please let me know)

I think that they are on the ranch for something like 4 or 5 months and the final 3 go home for the final 3 months to do the weight loss on their own until the Finale in December. In years past I know people have mentioned that the weigh-ins were not "weekly" as indicated on the show. But this year, Isabeau made mention on one of her blogs that they're weigh-ins were between 7 and 10 days apart - most of them being 7-8 days.