The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 10-16-2007, 06:52 PM   #196  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

That camera thing with Kim made me think WTF? She so gets on my nerves. As someone else stated she is not inspirational. I think Jillian tolerates her.

I was always worried about what others thought of me until college. I know the reason I got there so early in life --my mom. For my first 14 years of life my mom was a single mother to me & my brother. She taught me to be a very independent thinker. She taught me this: If you live your life worrying what others think you will not live your life. I generally say what's on my mind so some people automatically love me for it and others learn to love me for it. My sense of humor probably helps too.

I am so watching tonight. I have a paper due tommorrow but I am planning that around TBL. It's about 1/2 done anyways and due by 5pm tomorrow. I do plan on submitting it tonight or early tomorrow morning.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:04 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Height: 5'6"

OH.. I just checked on TBL website... it comes on at 9 (est) / 8 (central) tonight Now I have to wait an extra half an hour more!! POO!
Old 10-16-2007, 08:41 PM   #198  
My Evolution

I wish I would have seen your post earlier, LondonJulz. I will work on my paper until 9pm.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:50 PM   #199  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Height: 5'8"

I wish I had seen it too cause I was freaking out when the news was on at 8:30 and was about to start cussing. lol.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:18 PM   #200  

all I have to say is:

DA-VID, DA-VID, DA-VID

I would have walked out too... YES, she's supposed to push them, but how is it that Jillian and Bob can push their people without having SUCH freaking attitudes about it? Kim needs to go!!!

AND... I agree with the Black team.... the Red team hasn't won 5 out of 6 challenges....Phil has won 5 out of 6 challenges

AND.... as always I bawled with the videos from home....
Old 10-16-2007, 09:59 PM   #201  
My Evolution

WHY??????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????
B is so freaking stupid!
Old 10-16-2007, 10:00 PM   #202  
My Evolution

There is always Isabeau...this is starting to look like American Idol. A sad sad mess!!
Old 10-16-2007, 10:12 PM   #203  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Unhappy Ugh!

B! What the #$%^ was he THINKING...?

Oh no!
Old 10-16-2007, 10:26 PM   #204  

*GASP*

WOW... is all I can say. Wow.....wow....

wow........

I was half hoping for a tie because I want to see Kim get really angry.... but I knew if it went into a tie, they'd send Phil home because he is the biggest threat.... so.... I wasn't REALLY hoping for a tie... I wanted Amy to go home...she did have attitude issues....but Kim did basically say she wasn't needed on the team anymore (WTF? Since when do the trainers drop hints of who to kick off?).... but, NOT PHIL!!! He's so...... hot! lol. He looks dang fine now too.... I can't wait to see him at the reunion.

Next weeks show should be astounding....and full of drama!! WHOOHOO! I want to see Jillian deck Kim.... I'm sure it'd only take one good swing from Jillian to knock Kim down... that'd be awesome!

I am sad that Phil got voted off though.... I thought it'd be funny if they all tried to vote off their trainer! HA!!!!
Old 10-16-2007, 11:03 PM   #205  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonJulz View Post

(WTF? Since when do the trainers drop hints of who to kick off?).... but, NOT PHIL!!!
I think Bob tried to influence his team when they decided to vote Jerry off.

B--what a dipstick. Selfish, selfish. I hope at the finale, Phil not only has achieved more than B, but that Phil finds some way to make him feel really horrible.

Amy has been the obvious choice for me twice, but I cannot send telepathic messages to the red team, especially in the past. I would have thrown her under the bus too. Without Phil, they cannot win anymore challenges, so I hope they enjoyed those videos and weeks of immunity. I am willing to bet that they will be completely gone in the next 5 weeks.

It is interesting to see the differences in natural leadership of the trainers. I had a director in high school for whom I would have done anything to please her. She inspired me to do better, and I knew to trust her if she asked anything of me. Her replacement was the complete opposite. If he asked me to do something, I battled him to the death to show him how wrong he was. There is something about Kim, and it may be part of the editing of the show, that makes her seem really abrasive. I don't see her have the emotional investment that Bob and Jillian have; it is like she keeps her distance. The other two are all in. Bob and Jillian grieve and celebrate with their teams; Kim's reactions seem superficial.

Last edited by onthetee; 10-16-2007 at 11:04 PM.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:18 PM   #206  
Takin' charge of my life!

B definitely showed his selfish side. Honestly though, next week they are breaking up/switching up the teams so it was probably to B's advantage to get rid of his biggest threat. I do not like Amy, and I too have felt she should have been voted off before, but I think she does need more time at the ranch, she just needs to show that she deserves to stay there and her low numbers aren't going to help her out with that.

I really really really dislike Kim's way of training. It may be editing, or it may be personality, whatever it is it was sure nice to see David go off on her tonight!

I too was shocked to see the time change of the show today. I am getting really annoyed with all of the commercial breaks during the weigh in and also the replay of the last 30 seconds before they went on commercial break. I get annoyed and want to go edit the show for them since that's what I got my degree in, unfortunately I don't think they will move production to Nebraska (note to self...make hubby do his post doctorate wherever post-production is for TBL!!)
Old 10-17-2007, 12:07 AM   #207  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Well to copy everyone else...WOW! I'm so mad Phil went he and Cowboy are my faves. He's looking damn good though so no hard feelings I bet.

So I didnt really think what Kim did was all that bad. No she didnt need to pull the F bomb that was her big mistake but I didnt think it was all they lead it up to be. So she pushed him...thats her job. The previews made it seem like she took it over the edge. I dunno, maybe just because I was expecting so much worse.

So I noticed my boyfriend Bob is getting a little thin on top!

And the previews for next week it looks like Bob is the one that Jillian goes off on. I dont like the idea of mixing up the teams!

What do you think the big shocker is? Someone gains? Seems like they've seen really big numbers in losses 26+ lbs so how could it be more shocking? And one of em says "how is that possible" so maybe. Cant wait!
Old 10-17-2007, 02:12 AM   #208  
My Evolution

I actually don't think its a loss that's the big deal. Did they say it was a loss? Maybe an entire team doesn't lose any weight. That has never happened. Or Hollie is back and has lost a lot?

Did you hear them say Phil was 2nd in percentage to Kae? She would need to be the biggest loser every time to avoid being eliminated. I think they would vote off that fake *** Nicole before her though.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:06 AM   #209  

Jez lost a pound mearly by shaving off his massive beard! He looked a lot better with that thing gone!!

Last edited by LondonJulz; 10-17-2007 at 06:07 AM.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:42 AM   #210  

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...mageID=3911179

I thought you all would enjoy this... a mighty nice pic. of Phil off of his wife's myspace page... yes, I think he's doing well! (you have to be signed into your Myspace account to get to it)

Last edited by LondonJulz; 10-17-2007 at 06:46 AM.