Thinking about starting

• I have been trying to get more info on this program before buying the book -can someone give me a low down on it?
    I've watched Biggest Loser - I know who Jillian is, matter of fact my old PT looked like her LOL :-)

Thanks in advance !
  • Hi Snowdogs,
    Ok, here's the deal. Jillians program is no nonsense, it is common snse and straight to the point. Jillian tells you roughly how many calories to eat per day, and if you really want to get great results you can follow her oxidizor plan. There are three oxidizer plans that take into account how each person breaks down different food groups. It's effective beacuse you eat foods that will keep you satisfied for longer you will be less likely to binge and snack. Jillian also provides circuits exercises, these are done four times per week and take about an hour to complete. They include things like puch up, different types of sit ups, bi-cep curls, squats, lunges, and they also include cardio exercises such as jumping jacks and jumping rope. The circuits include cardio portions so that you are toning up and muscle while getting a cardio workout at the same time. You also have to do 1 day per week of cardio of your choice. You can also add extra cardio if you want.

Personally, i love the program. It makes perfect sense, eat less calories, move more to burn more fat.
    You mention buying her book, which book is that? There are two, i have them both. The first (Winning by Losing) is the best for losing a faor amount of weight, while her second book (Making the Cut) is best for the last 10- 20 pounds or if you really want to kick start the weight loss, it's pretty intense.
    Hope all that helps! If you have any other questions, just post.
  • So the people doing the challenges are they doing biggest loser diet or Jillian Michaels program. How do you join a challenge? Thanks for any help.
  • I think the challenge has just finished. But a new one should be starting up soon. You could go into the newest thread (i think it's called Celebrate. We made it to the finale week' or something like that.) and just post a message like you did here, and ask when the next one starts, what diets everyone doing.