3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Biggest Loser Challenges (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges-225/)
-   -   Red Team Fall into Fitness 2013 CHAT Thread Week 6 (11/11/13 - 11/17/13) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges/289692-red-team-fall-into-fitness-2013-chat-thread-week-6-11-11-13-11-17-13-a.html)

LeslieB 11-13-2013 08:26 PM

Red Team Fall into Fitness 2013 CHAT Thread Week 6 (11/11/13 - 11/17/13)

Hi Red Team !

Here are the results for week 5:

Red Team:

Total Lost: -9.9 lbs (-0.27%)

Red Team Biggest Loser: :congrat: Ficklehearts (-3.0 lbs, -1.28%):congrat:

Honorable Mentions:

cleancowgirl (-2.2 lbs, -1.02%) :carrot:
Nixmom (-2.0 lbs, -0.90%) :cp:
Nightkatt (-2.0 lbs, -0.74%) :dancer:

Congratulations to all the losers this week ! Well done !

There has been no word from SuperheroTeacher so I thought I would post on her behalf to get you into week 6. Hopefully everything is okay with her and she'll be back shortly on the boards. Please feel free to message me if you have any questions or concerns.

Have a great week 6 Team !!

Riddy 11-13-2013 11:06 PM

Woo hoo FickleHearts, cleancowgirl, Nixmom and Nightkatt!

Despite a quite good on plan week, I stayed the same. :shrug: Whatevs. Better than gaining.

It got COLD here, and my body isn't liking it! I was so tight and cold today, I went to hot yoga after work and kept my long sleeve shirt on through half the class. I'm planning on running tomorrow morning - I hope my body agrees. ;)

I found a great new low calorie sweet treat. I got some gourmet cocoa powder, and stirred a couple tablespoons into a mug of hot unsweetened flax milk with cinnamon, ginger and stevia. The flax milk is only 25 calories in 8 ounces, and a lot creamier than almond or coconut milk.

Have a good rest of the week, team!

FickleHearts 11-14-2013 04:50 AM

I hope Superheroteacher is okay.... :(

Staying the same is always better than gaining! I live in Florida and it's frikkin cold here too. It's not supposed to be cold in Florida LOL, not this early at any rate. Although my definition of cold and some of ya'lls definition of cold might not exactly be the same. :)

Flax milk? Hmmm, I love hot cocoa but milk hates me and just don't have the calories for it after the day is done anymore. Where would I find flax milk? That sounds yummy.

Grats guys!! :congrat:

I am currently suffering from insomnia. Since I got back on my diet, I just don't sleep through the night anymore. I'll get super tired about 30 minutes before I get up which is pointless and it's getting really old. I've tried melatonin, Dr. gave me some antidepressants but they make me too groggy and don't work, and I've used the over the counter stuff. I even tried magnesium. I guess till I'm skinny I'll just have to suffer, but man does it make for long days. :(

Really fighting the urge to go off plan this week. After such a successful one last week, I don't understand why my get up and go went on vacation. It's starting to come back, but it's been a battle all week. I've not gone off the deep end though and seem to still be losing so I guess that's all that matters. The hubby is starting to get with the program too. Maybe his enthusiasm will reignite mine.

Novus 11-14-2013 05:48 AM

I hope SHT is ok. Congrats to this weeks losers!

I am not eating on plan at all.....but I don't really have any appetite so I'm not eating much at all and the scale has dropped quite a bit this week. I'm having surgery on my hand on Monday. I am so ready for this wounded hand thing to be over with. :( I have been a miserable whiner all week.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

EofAZ 11-14-2013 08:14 AM

Thank you LeslieB.

Narnia99 11-14-2013 06:11 PM

:wave:
Sorry I haven't been posting lately, I've just been so stressed. I haven't been on plan, and I admit that I just haven’t cared enough to get going again. This morning I felt disgusted with myself and I know it's time to do something about it. I feel terrible, and I know I have gained fat even though I still weigh the same as I did a few weeks ago. My scrubs for work are fitting snugly again, I feel sluggish, and my stomach just feels huge! I have obviously replaced muscle with fat and that’s why I still weigh the same, but it’s so obvious that I have gained fat. I hate feeling this way as I am so uncomfortable! So, this morning I decided that I just can’t go on this way. I have to start taking care of myself again. It’s hard for me to even type this because I feel guilty worrying about losing weight when my sister is dealing with so much more. However, I realize that not taking care of myself isn’t helping anyone. I have to get back on plan. I am going to do a kickboxing workout and release some of this stress :boxing:

Congratulations to Ficklehearts, cleancowgirl, nixmom, nightkatt :cheer:

I hope everything is alright with SuperHeroTeacher. Thanks Leslie for starting our chat thread :)

Novus - Good luck with the surgery. I hope you recover quickly. It really sucks having an injury :hug:

FickleHearts - Sorry to hear you have been suffering with insomnia. I work the night shifts and I find I barely sleep anymore either and it's tough. I hope you find something that works for you soon.

Riddy - Your sweet treat sounds delicious! Hope you had a good :running: this morning .

Have a wonderful night everyone :)

cleancowgirl 11-14-2013 06:47 PM

Hi everyone. I am not sure how I am doing weight bumped up this week but when I work a lot of night shifts I don't get my water in and ankles get too puffy and gain weight. Weight is back down to what I was on Saturday after drinking up yesterday and hoping by Saturday I might see a loss.
I bought Dolvett quinces new book today for my nook. The great thing is it is pretty much what I have been doing but gave me a new direction. It is all about clean eating and how you can have 2 cheat meals a week. He gives you another 400 calories on those days and to be truthful I haven't allowed myself too much leeway with cheating. The recipes and exercise plan though is something I need so we will see if I make any progress. The holidays I have been worried about and well this plan gives me permission to cheat... well sorta.
There are still rules though, you must log what you eat in your plan and you must exercise on your cheat days. So no free ride though and you must exercise 48 minutes with his exercise routine. I am just walking now but going to do it in addition and who knows maybe I will see onderland before new years.

I hope superhero teacher is all right. Hope we hear soon. Good luck on the next weigh in everyone.

Riddy 11-14-2013 11:11 PM

Fickle, my grocery store had the flax milk in the dairy section - it was with the organic milk. I haven't drank it straight yet, but I like it in coffee.

Narnia, good for you on deciding to take care of yourself. You won't be much good to anyone else if you're taking care of you.

Cleancowgirl, the book sounds interesting. I like the idea of a planned indulgence, especially if exercise is required with it. I might buy it.

Novus, I hope your surgery goes well and you heal fast!

My run was just so-so today. My neck and shoulders still hurt, plus I woke up with a sinus headache. I got an ok half hour in, and I did feel better by the end of it. By lunchtime nothing hurt, so I was happy. Tomorrow I'm trying a new yoga class before work. I do love my yoga classes!

Let's finish the week strong, team!

Rated 11-15-2013 12:23 AM

Congrats FickleHearts, cleancowgirl, Nixmom and Nightkatt!

Cowgirl - I like the idea of that book. It sounds pretty realistic for a long term lifestyle change.

I have had an awful two weeks. I got off track and I have had a really hard time getting back on. I am going to use this weekend to re-group and go from there.

EofAZ 11-15-2013 02:03 PM

I too have been not exactly on plan this week. I expect the scale will be back up a bit when I weigh in tomorrow, darn it. But it is only one weigh in, it will be back down before I know it. We've had conferences this week and I've been running my legs off coordinating the meetings. In addition to that my DH and I carpool and he was late Monday and Tuesday so we didn't get home until nearly 10pm each evening. So I didn't actually eat off plan because I had no plan in place. Fortunately I don't have a lot of stuff around the house to go overboard on ... accept for MILK and I have been a milk drinking fiend this week. I just couldn't get enough of it. Oh well, I like milk but I don't usually drink as much as I have this week, I think I was just to tired to cook when I got home but needed something to eat and the milk was the only thing I could just consume without any preperation.

Narnia-once you start eating healthy it doesn't take long to start feeling healthy too. I bet a significant part of your clothes being tight is bloat. Give yourself a couple of days and you will feel so much better and don't EVER feel guilty about taking the time to take care of yourself. It's not "just losing weight" it is taking care of your HEALTH. Your health is so very important, don't minimize that.

Novus, I hope all goes well with your finger. How sharp was that knife you were using? It gives me the willies to think about it.

CleanCowGirl, I think Dolvett is my favorite on TBL. I might checkout that book, although I basically follow a low carb diet because of my diabeties. But I like that he gives you permission to eat more calories but you have to earn the right by working out extra that day. That sounds like good practical advise. Makes me like him even more.

Riddy, have you had any snow yet? My nieces were talking about how they had a little snow down around the Fingerlakes. It didn't stick much but their kids were so excited they started practicing making snow angels on the livingroom floor. LOL

Rated-good luck getting your focus back. Sometimes doing something entirely different is how I manage to get "back on track". So don't just try to start doing what you were doing before. It is to easy to fall back off track. So choose a different approach. If you are counting calories think about trying Carb Counting for a couple of weeks. If you are doing Weight Watchers maybe try South Beach for a couple of weeks. Just change it enough so your focus isn't on the very same technique that you just deviated from. It just seems like it is easier to loose focus if you have recently experienced it so a different plan really mixes everything up and makes the whole process feel different, new and in control.

DH got his meat from the butcher yesterday. He harvested an elk hunting last week and we now have about 300 pounds of lean organic meat in our freezer. We will be eating fine this winter and boy will it help my grocery budget.

Novus 11-16-2013 06:42 AM

Thanks everyone for the well wishes for my surgery. :hug:

EofAZ, it wasn't a knife. I cut my finger while washing dishes and a casserole broke. It snapped into two pieces and one of the broken edges sliced into my finger. Beware of Pyrex...lol.

My sil and one of my bffs kidnapped me last night and "forced" me to enjoy a Girls Night Out of coffee and shopping. We went to a thrift store and I found a pair of high heel pointy toe brown leather boots that make me understand the concept of feeling like a sexy beast. :D I spent too much money on them but they're a pretty high end label and would have cost $200+ new so they really were a bargain.

And I lost almost three pounds this week. :broc:

Happy weekend all!

Nixmom 11-16-2013 11:05 AM

Good morning all,

I wanted to drop in and scream I'M ALIVE! It has been a crazy two weeks. whole family finally recovered from stomach bug. Hubbys birthday, step son's birthday, our wedding anniversary, and this morning we are heading to disneyland for an overnighter. To top it off, we started escrow yesterday on a house that is set to close December 20th. I'm feeling overwhelmed.

I feel horrible that I have not been here and keeping up with the thread. I just need to get through this weekend with the step kids and I will get back on plan. I hope you all are doing well and I can't wait to go back through and read.

Keep on trucking girls!

cleancowgirl 11-16-2013 12:51 PM

My weigh in was only down .4 lbs this week. I did have my cheat last night. Slice of cake but considering I have been hanging on to that 213.6 number all week I am happy.

Riddy 11-16-2013 10:48 PM

Evangeline, no real snow yet here, but there was a dusting when I got up Tuesday morning. Elk meat sounds great! Is it like venison, or different?

Rated, I like Evangeline's idea of getting "back on track" with a change up. If you're not loving your plan enough to stay on it, maybe it's time to try a different plan...

Wow - my scale showed 2.4 pounds down yesterday! Naturally, when I checked today I was up a pound from that, but I'm taking it! I just won't be surprised when I'm up or the same next week. ;)

Time for bed - I'm working again tomorrow. Then an early day on Monday and I finally get a day off.

FickleHearts 11-17-2013 10:48 AM

Only lost a lb this week, but LOL, I think that's my bodies way of making up for the fluke of last week. I've worked my bum off at the gym this week and have started to do weights, so I'm thinking water retention? May be wishful thinking, but I'm going to run with it. I didn't eat over calories until yesterday, so I'm going with the water.

Hope the surgery goes okay Novus.

Grats on the 2.4 loss Riddy :) And .4 is still a loss Cleancow :D