Red Team Spring Into Action 2013 CHAT Thread Week 12 (Aug 05/13 - Aug 11/13)

• Week 12 and 2 more weeks of this challenge

Anyone interested in leading the Red Team in the next challenge? If so- give me a shout.

LeslieB (blue team co-leader) posts the 2013 Spring Into Action official weekly results here.

As a team we gained 0.5 lbs or 0.04% .

We now have 7 remaining team members

Our Biggest Loser:
    ArmyGirl (-0.5 lbs, 0.27%)

Honourable Mentions:
    Canadamel (0 lbs, 0%)

Novus (0 lbs, 0%)

For those still hangin' in there!!

Way to go everyone- Great Job!!

Two more weeks- give it all you've got.

GO RED
  • Internet was down this morning, so tried to post weight via my iphone and it didn't stick. Well, on to the next week. August has to be a good one! Lots of exercise, lots of water and good food plans!
  • I feel so terrible. I was washing dishes after lunch and out of the blue it clicked that it was Monday and I forgot to weighin yesterday. I really had no intentions of dropping out of the competition, I was just distracted with a lot of things happening this weekend with the highlight of my daughter falling and breaking her wrist. She's a single Mom and a nurse I have no idea how on earth she is going to survive while it is healing. She can't possibly work and she has two part-time jobs so no disability. Anyway I spent the rest of the weekend trying to get cars and houses situated so they were one arm friendly. Of course she has standard shift in her own car.

Since my weightloss had stalled I decided Saturday (before the fall/break) I made up my mind I was joining Weight Watchers to see if the change would help me get focused and rolling again and I am going to be so sad if next week I have a loss I could have posted.

So Sorry. But on the good note, I saw my Dr. Friday morning and she took me off my diabetes meds.
  • Grr, up again. Such is the yoyo of my year. No giving up, though.

Congrats Armygirl, Mel, and Novus!
  • I'm here- work is kicking my butt- taking

Eof AZ- sorry to hear about your daughter's wrist. How is doing? How is the stair challenge going?

Riddy- hang in there- even though yoyo'ing is frustrating- I've accepted it as a way of life :|

Hope everyone else is doing well. We have very non summer like weather and today is overcast/drizzy and just down right depressing (can you tell?)
    Off to get a coffee.
  • After several horrible weeks, I think I'm mentally ready to tackle this weight loss thing again. I made my 50 Pounds Lost goal yesterday which is a HUGE motivator. I'm hoping to lose the final 25 pounds by Thanksgiving.

We don't seem to have much of a group left, but to those that remain.....good luck this week.
  • Wow, EofAZ, congratulations on getting off of medication! That's the best benefit of getting to a good weight.

And, congrats to Novus for reaching 50 lost! A huge accomplishment.

It's so amazing how your mindset can be in the game, and then old habits come back. I'm managing to stay focused this week, with food and exercise. I exercised every day before work this week. Five days in a row! I have never done that before! So here's to a good weekend. going out of town, which is the hardest challenge for me. I just have to remind myself that it isn't a free pass to eat anything and everything!!!

Good luck everyone!
  • It's kinda been an on again off again week for me A work bbq last night and few adult beverages won't help with the weigh in tomorrow...and it's also my moving away party tonight...I'm thinking I should have weighed in on Friday! At least then I would have remained the same. I'm afraid I'll be up a lb this week now...sorry ladies!

Well, to those who remain, good luck this week!
  • I'm back down 1 pound this week - I'll take it!
  • I'm back! Finally having a spare moment to catch up on 3FC chatter. I lost over 4 pounds the past two weeks while vacationing, despite some off-plan choices. 0.2 more pounds and I'm down a total of 50 pounds!!!

Bummed we're down so many members...
  • Week 13 chat thread is up & running